Chapter 49: Poison
577 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Horác and Belinda looked at each other and none of them intended to give up.

In the end, Horác gave in. „Okay. You can ask 3 questions.”

„… Can you tell me, what was Bertold intend with this training?” she asked monotonously.

„You didn’t even know this?!” he wondered, but seeing Belinda’s dark face he continued. „First, to learn how to cultivate as you already did. So you can jump to the next step. You need to learn how to control the water around you. It’s the basic to create spells… Right, your teacher is a bastard, so next time I’ll give you some books about these basics of knowledge… Oh! You find that thing?”

Belinda looked at him, confused.

„Ah, I mean that pouch. If I remember right in every room the teachers left one. It has a 3 square meters space in it, so you can easily take your things with you.”

„I didn’t, but I will check it next time!” her eyes shined. The kids were annoyed by Horác when he used his own space, but Belinda didn’t care about it.

„Really, I need to teach everything…” he whispered, then clapped. „Okay, next question.”

Belinda was so excited, she forgot what she wanted to ask.

„Oh, that smell! You said that you tell me more about it!” she suddenly remembered.

„Okay. Let’s start from the beginning.” he said while poured another cup of tea, then he stopped. „You really don’t want one…”

He didn’t need to finish, Belinda shook her head. She was a little, a really little interested after seeing how much he enjoyed drinking the tea, but she didn’t dare to try it.

Horác just smiled. He was sure, she would give in.

„There are a lot of herbs in the world and they were categorized in some ways. The one we need to speak about is the way how they hide themselves.” he lifted up his hand and showed 3 finders. „There are 3 types. The first one can erase its presence. You can’t find it even if you stand on it. This is the easiest one because if you train a little and learn their appearance you can find them. The second one can cause illusions, but taking the right pill you can erase this effect. Not to mention if your cultivation is higher than the herb’s level it won’t work against you. The third one is the most annoying. They can release some special smells that make the living creatures around them feel frightened. They say that it gives you the feeling as if you met with your natural enemy. You can use some relic to neutralize the impact, but you need to be careful. If the herbs cut or stab you, it can get into your body. As I told you it’s a poison, not just a smell.” he sighed. „With really high cultivation you can overcome it too, but once it is in your body it can torture you for a long time.”

„… So what have it to do with me?” Belinda had a bad feeling about it.

„In the garden, there’s a little place where some of these herbs were planted. Later you will need to help me to take care of them.” Horác smiled. „When someone needs them, our job to cut out the poison.”

„Cut out?! Do I need to touch it?! You just said, it’s…” Belinda shouted.

„You will be okay!” Horác cut in her words.

„… How the hell you know that?! It was just the smell…”

„If I told it’s okay, then it’s okay! There was a drop in the tea yesterday, yet you full of energy!” Horác commented.

Belinda’s face darkened.

  This @Đ&Ł! He even tried to kill me!

„Up until now all the people who were immune to the smell weren’t affected by the poison if it was drunk. I just wanted to make sure.” Horác continued. „Even if it affect you, it was the weakest, so it will give you the feeling you have sore muscles for 3-4 days...”

Belinda didn’t know what to say, she felt betrayed.

„But you are okay to be with me for hours, so I was sure it won’t affect you.” he said slowly.

„Ha?! How the hell is the two related?!”

„… Because my body has a similar aura. It’s not an ordinary one, but almost the strongest.”

„Hahaha, what a lie!” she ridiculed him. This incident gave her a too big blow. After all the things he helped her, she thought that she could trust him, yet…

„I’m never lying!” Horác denied. He didn’t want to make her scared, so he let her drank it without knowing it. Now he realized, it was a bad idea. He was close to losing her trust.

„Ha, who said ’the first woman who slept in my bed’? Don’t kidding with me! How old are you?” Belinda was angered.

„… You really know how to hit someone in the most painful place.” Horác sighed and looked out of the window. „Can you guess what kind of root I have?”

Belinda was taken aback. She looked at his hair’s purplish color. „… Thunder?”

„… Almost. It has a similar color, but mine darker.” he looked at her. „It’s poison… It’s a rare ability. Maybe once in a million years, it appears. At least even if it’s existed I didn’t find any information about it.” he went to fill up another cup. „When I was a student I met with my first love. I called her out and confessed. To made it more special, I even kissed her… But she collapsed on the floor. Her body started to twitch and she became purple. She was poisoned… Gladly some teachers were near and they were able to save her.” he sipped some from the tea. „Later I did some research and find out even a drop of my blood is deadly. She was lucky because the kiss was too short…”

Horác slowly drank his tea and fell into his memories.

Belinda became confused. Maybe she went a little too far too…

16