Chapter 50: Horác’s past 1
523 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Horác was born in a little village in the countryside in Sárguly country. Compared to his age, he was really clever. At the age of 3, he understood that his existence was a burden to his parents, so he never asked for anything. He did his best to made them forgot his existence.

When the teachers came to take the children away to go to school, he saw his parents got some money. At that moment he felt relieved. He never intended to come back, because he couldn’t replace his dead brother.

At the school, he was the worst student. He did a lot of stupid things and was punished, but he just laughed. He just wanted to enjoy his life. The teachers couldn’t wait to sell him, yet he was chosen to go to the Academy. It was a big blow to everyone, but at least he left.

His Soul awakening didn’t gave him any memory. He didn’t changed or anything. He had some nightmares, but he didn’t cared about it. He vaguely remembered about drowning in black water, but he forgot it after a week.

His most waited Power awakening was a big success. He had a 3 colored root, but the strongest one was the rare thunder ability! He was extremely proud of himself. That power alone made him unstoppable. The secondary one was the wind and it gave him a lot of ideas about how to combine them.

He was really clever and after half a year he was one of the best students in his class. He had a lot of followers and friends.

During the training, he met Timur and they became rivals. In the beginning, Horác fight with him, because he hated his proud appearance. Timur gave off the feeling as if he stood on top of everyone. He really hated him for it.

Later Horác heard about Timur’s family. He was the 4th son of a sect’s leader. His brothers already took away everything he could get, and they only waited patiently to eliminate him. Horác felt that they were similar, just an eyesore in their families’ eyes. He challenged him more and more and sometimes just went to made him angry. Maybe he hoped that one day they could be friends, but even Horác couldn’t understand himself.

When they become 14 years old, they got the chance to visit a closed world.

Horác formed a team with his closest friends and they went in. They daydreamed about finding some rare treasures and laughed happily.

Their team had 28 students and it’s made easier for them to fight with beasts. Everything went well until Horác found a hidden entrance of a cave. They became excited because they didn’t find any trace of someone else went in before them. Horác didn’t realized, some of his friends slowed down to let the others ’check it out’ if there were any traps.

They walked for an hour but didn’t find anything. They finally reached a room, but it was empty. They were disappointed, but some of them went to look around if there was anything hidden.

They started to vote about where to go next when suddenly the entrance was closed. They didn’t had the time to reach, before arrows, needles and other things were shot at them.

Horác took out his sword and protected himself. The attacks were too fast, some scratched him. Gladly it’s stopped after some seconds. He turned to his friends to ask how they were, but then he froze. He couldn’t believe his eyes! They just laughed together, yet some of them with a cold face used the others as human shields…

Horác dropped his sword on the ground. He wanted to ask a lot of things, but he couldn’t find his voice. Then a second attack came. Before he could reach, he was grabbed from behind and an arrow pierced his belly. He slowly turned back and saw his used to be ’best friend’.

The guy threw him on the ground and walked to the others. Only six of them remained uninjured. All of them had an expressionless face and spoke about how to leave this place. It was as if the others lying on the ground didn’t exist in their eyes.

Horác felt that the arrow pierced his heart, not his belly. He didn’t want to believe it. He heard rumors about the kids who came from sects. They got the task to find the talented students, got close to them and made sure they join their sect. If they failed, they needed to kill the person, so other sects couldn’t get them. It was his best friend who told him these things. He never thought about it why he knew so much, but now he finally understood. He was one of them! The answer was so obvious, yet he was blind.

He didn’t know if they gave up on him, or their instinct to save their life played a big role to kill him… But he didn’t cared. He was sad. The others died for nothing. At least if it was only him…

There were some strange sounds in the room. Some little holes opened on the walls and dark water flowed out of them.

The six men stood on a rock and looked around with vigilance.

Some students who lay on the floor and weren’t comatose, cried out from the pain when the water reached them. It was poisonous and slowly corroded their flesh.

Realizing there’s no exit, the six guys became desperate. They tried to use each other, but they couldn’t stop the water.

Horác laughed happily. He felt that he was relieved. He wanted to take revenge, so the thought they would die together made him happy.

When the water reached him, he closed his eyes and felt that all the pain disappeared from his body. It was safe and peaceful. He felt a little confused, but after some seconds he lost consciousness…

15