Chapter 51: Horác’s past 2
505 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Horác opened his eyes and watched the dim light in the room. He was confused. He remembered the dark water flooded the cave, so he didn’t understand why he was still alive.

He sat up and looked around. He saw some white skeletons wearing his friends’ clothes… He counted up to 27 and realized, only he was alive.

He left the cave and after half a day he finally met with 2 mentors. They escorted him out of the closed world and he found out he was unconscious for 34 days!

Outside they met with some teachers and he told them what happened. One of them went to collect the bones while some doctors examined Horác.

They find out his roots completely changed. They didn’t understand how could that be, but the oldest doctor remembered a short story.

It was about a young man, who had a near death experience. He was able to survive because his roots completely changed. It mentioned that he got a special space ability, but he lost his cultivation. He needed to start anew but his new power made him unstoppable. No one knows what happened to him. One day he suddenly disappeared and the cultivators slowly forgot about him.

In the Academy’s library, there’s a thin book. On the first page was written ’There are too many worlds outside, I don’t know if I can live until I see all of them’. No one knew how it appeared there. It mentioned that some peoples’ roots partly sealed because its power was too strong and it could kill the owner. It’s extremely rare if someone could undo the seal because it needed to be strongly affected by a similar power. It was impossible to find out if any kind of power was hidden in the body.

There wasn’t any information about similar cases. Horác was lucky for being attacked by poison. If it was something else, he would be dead too. He was sent back to the Academy to rest.

Horác was sad. He didn’t just lost his cultivations, but he couldn’t use any of his spells. He accepted the fact he needed to start from scratch. He joined a little poison research club and spend all his time there. He didn’t felt that he could sit still and cultivate.

After some days, Horác realized, he’s cultivation level slowly grew. He was almost reached the 5th level before, and now it was halfway to the 4th level. Without doing anything he almost got back his power. He continued to do research and almost never left the laboratory.

A gossip spread outside. Because Horác was the only survivor, others started to say that they found a precious treasure and he killed all of them to get it. The story became more and more harsh, but no one cared about it. Horác didn’t know about it. Even if he heard it he would only laugh. He didn’t care anymore what others thought about him.

Everyone was surprised when Timur stood up to stop those gossips. The students weren’t afraid of him but his family. They slowly find new stories to speak about and it never reached Horác’s ears.

The club was taken over by Horác in no time. His researches results were really good, even some teachers became interested in his works. There were more and more new members, but Horác never spoke with them. He was depressed. His root couldn’t accept any natural energy. He tried to eat some energy pills, but it’s just slowly left his body. He couldn’t find a way to cultivate…

He spent all his time on research and 2 years passed.

One day he heard a little girl mentioned some bizarre ideas in the club. The others just laughed at her, none of them thought there’s any logic in them.

After they left, Horác went to the girl to ask more about it. He was really interested. They spoke a lot and slowly became friends. She was the first person who was able to get close to him after that incident.

Her name was Gyöngyvirág. She was 4 years younger than Horác. She said, because her name was a poisonous flower, she wanted to know more about it.

They spent a lot of time together and their feelings deepened. After a while Horác realized, he fell in love. He was confused and didn’t know what to do. He read books about dating and chose to confess to her on her 16th birthday. He spent a lot of effort to get some Lily of the valley (Gyöngyvirág). He was sure it would make her happy. He left a note on his desk in the laboratory and waited behind the building.

Gyöngyvirág went to meet with him after seeing the note. She was really happy for the flowers, but she didn’t know how to answer to the confession.

Horác saw on her face that she wanted to reject him, but didn’t know how, so he kissed her. Then everything ended… She was poisoned.

Horác shouted for help and some teachers ran there. They sealed Gyöngyvirág’s body to stop the poison and took her to the hospital. First, they thought that it was because of the flower, but the poison was much stronger.

In his rage, Horác hit the wall and his hand became injured. His blood dropped on the grass and it withered right away. Seeing this he finally realized what it means to have poison type root…

He let the teachers took as much blood from him as they want to create an antidote. After half a year they were able to save Gyöngyvirág, but it had a strong side effect on her.

Horác wasn’t able to accept it. In his grief, he collected all the poison in the laboratory and drank all of them. He was sure even to his poisonous body it would be deadly. He felt his body turned cold then hot and he was under extremely strong pain. He lost control over his body, but the pain didn’t let him lost his consciousness.

He was taken into the hospital, but they didn’t dare to treat him. There were too many types of poisons, and the teachers gave up on him.

14