Chapter 54: Oath
500 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They ate their breakfast and left. They went behind the teachers’ dormitory. There was a little, closed garden. Horác opened the gate.

„I don’t know how much you heard about the teachers and sects’ relationship, but forget it.” Horác said while he showed the way. „They say that the teachers can’t be a member of any sects, but it was only true when the founder was still here. After he disappeared, the principal needed to close one eye and let some sects’ members become teachers. That was the only way to protect the academy from an invasion.”

Belinda listened and looked around. There were some roses and other woody flowering plants. In the middle, there was a big stone.

„Maybe the founder knew that it would happen, so he left behind this place. To have the right to open the gate, you need to be a teacher who made an oath.” Horác reached the stone and stopped. „You need to swear you will protect the students and teach them with utmost care. You gave up your right to leave the academy and start a life outside. You can think about it as a special curse. ”

Horác touched the stone and Belinda looked at it too. She realized, it had a lot of names on it.

„Every teacher made the oath, but only those names appear here who did it wholeheartedly. This is the proof, that you gave your life to the academy.”

The place where Horác touched the stone was the place where his name was written with black. Belinda understood that it was his way to tell her ’you can rely on me’. He was a lonely man who didn’t know how to interact with others. She smiled happily.

  Really! To make me believe in him he showed me such a big secret.

Belinda read the names one after another. The stone contained all the teachers’ names who worked here after the academy was established. A lot of names were grey, and Horác told her they were already dead. She didn’t met with too much of those who worked here now, but maybe she could remember some when she would meet them in the future.

Horác stepped back and let her read. He wasn’t sure if it was enough, but he didn’t know how else could he made her trust in him.

„Oh!” Belinda’s eyes widened. She found Egon’s name on it.

  Which part of that bastard made the oath?!

Belinda walked slowly around the stone, she found the name of the teacher from the library. She didn’t spoke with her too much, so she didn’t know what to think about her.

„Uh.” Belinda turned to Horác. „Didn’t all the cultivators had a surname?”

„Oh, do you mean Pedró? He’s a special case. When he graduated, he said that ’a surname can’t protect you, only muscles’, so he never chose any.” Horác laughed. „He made such a big fuss. He wanted to create the most perfect muscles and teach the right way to the students. He said that the training plan had a lot of mistakes. He didn’t said any oath, he did it with his heart. The other teachers almost became crazy, because they couldn’t throw him out after that. He forced his way in, but the things he changed were really useful.”

Belinda’s face darkened. She couldn’t believe someone was so crazy, but another crazy person stood in front of her. Then she remembered Egon and feared all the teachers were the same. They had some problems with their personalities…

Belinda finished reading all the names and she was confused.

„… I didn’t find Amand or my original teacher’s name.”

„That’s natural. They came from the same sect. Gobert taught Amand to become his successor, and he left the Academy. That’s what his ’retreat’ means. You don’t need to care for them.”

 „I see. Then what about Timur and the principal?” she asked without thinking.

„… The principal is no comment.” Horác said slowly, then his face changed. „And that bastard is the son of a sect’s leader. His brothers threw him out and he was forced to stay here because of me.”

  Hey! Hey! Hey! Your personality changed too fast! Didn’t the two of you close? Why can I hear the hatred in those words?

Belinda was shocked.

„What’s with that face?” Horác asked. „He deserves to go to hell! Even if he asks something never ever believe in him! Don’t forget! He’s the worst!” Horác’s eyes shined with rage.

Belinda nodded nonstop. She didn’t dare to go against such an angry Horác.

Seeing how obedient Belinda was, Horác smiled. They didn’t speak more about it and they went back to the gate.

Horác picked off a rose and lifted it to Belinda’s hair. He watched it for a while and thought about something. Belinda stood there, confused. She didn’t know if she could leave or he still wanted to say something.

„It doesn’t suit you.” Horác murmured, the looked in her eyes. „You are a girl yet these girlish things don’t suit you! It’s better if you just stay the way you are!”

Belinda was speechless. The topic was changed so sudden, she didn’t know how to reach. When she finally realized her femininity was questioned, Horác already closed the gate and left.

  You bastard! Do you think that after you tell me so much you have the right to say such a thing?! How do you dare to question the woman in me?!

Belinda was extremely angry. She ran after Horác, but he already went into his classroom. She was forced to swallow her rage and went to her class. Gladly, no one cared for her so she just ate the last pill and cultivated in the corner.

She was a little absentminded and couldn’t absorb the energy properly. She tried to figure out some ways to made Horác pay back.

After a while, she felt that the energy started to rampage in her body. She panicked and tried to control it, but it became worse. She wanted to call for help, but she felt that if she stopped, she would lose something.

She didn’t know if it was just some minutes or hours, but in the end, she felt something break in her body.

The energy finally circulated normally and when she opened her eyes, she felt that the world changed.

16