Chapter 56: Skirt
474 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day the other treated students showed up for training. Belinda was glad, this way she had the chance to stand farther from Aurél, but she underestimated those gossipers… This time she was under pressure because they really looked at her… Gladly the kids’ interest died out after some days.

She went to train every morning. She wasn’t the only one, and the second years’ students didn’t care about them. After she was forgotten, she was able to enjoy it.

Her special training didn’t go that well. She was able to create a little animal from water, but it’s disappeared after it took some steps. Horác told her if in a month she could create an animal that didn’t disappear for an hour he gave her 1k points. Belinda didn’t care about the points, but she ended up practicing it every evening in her bathtub. When she wanted to give up, she remembered Horác mockingly smiling at her and she felt that nothing was impossible for her, if it could make that man shut up!

After 2 weeks, in the library, they finished their job and some older students came to categorize the books. They did it extremely fast. They just flipped some pages then took the book to the right place. Belinda’s new task was to bring those books to the right floors and tables. On those afternoons, she ran a lot up and down on the stairs, because the library was protected from stealing, so they couldn’t use their space to move them easier…

The only person who made Belinda annoyed was Gregori. After the incident with Horác, he followed her like her shadow. He wanted to know about their relationship, but she didn’t say anything. Gladly, she only needed to tolerate him during the time she worked in the library. Other times he never showed up.

One day, during her work, she saw Bertold again. They didn’t met after the first special training. He flipped the books and threw them away in 2-3 seconds. They landed perfectly on the top of the other books. What made her surprised wasn’t this, but the girls standing around him. Gregori was following her as always and stopped to see what she was looking at.

„Oh, it’s surprising, not? He is really popular between the girls…” he said quietly.

„… Skirt.” Belinda muttered. „Skirts… Those are uniforms’ skirts!” she turned to Gregori. „Why those girls wearing skirts?! First of all, there are skirts?!” she didn’t find any in her wardrobe and never saw anyone wearing them.

Gregori was speechless. He didn’t understand why that was her biggest problem. Didn’t she care about her mentor flirting with girls instead of teaching her?

„… I heard that there a club what make them.” he shook his head. „Of course there aren’t any uniforms with skirts. Just think about it, when you fight, it will fly and everyone can see everything. Won’t you feel ashamed?” then he muttered. „In that situation how can a man fight with a woman?”

Belinda remembered those series where the heroine fought in a skirt. All you were able to see was her pants. Even when she just stood and spoke the camera chose an angle, where you were able to see it. Even if the story was interesting, it somehow made it dull…

She sighed. She understood that those things mostly happen in movies, but there were always some crazy girls who didn’t care to show more than needed…

She went to continue her work. It was easy to see that Bertold didn’t care about those girls. If any of them could move that iceberg, then she would bless them.

The days passed slowly and Belinda’s first combat test arrived. It was really easy. First, they needed to repeat the usual moves, then use their strongest hit on the puppets.

Pedró was extremely happy when he saw Aurél hit 48. The other students did their second test a little farther away and Belinda wasn’t able to see their result, so she didn’t know how good it was. She looked at her 19, then saw a little girl who hit 12 and felt relieved. At least she wasn’t the worst.

Pedró wrote down their result then clapped.

„All of you passed, but don’t be too happy! The real training will start after it!” he said loudly. „These puppets in front of you will be yours. They’re bounded after the first use, so you can’t change them. From now on, you need to use energy in all of your hits. These puppets saved your data and won’t count hits that are under it with 5 points! Every day the counter will need to reach one thousand! After 5 failed days, you’ll be punished! I hope everyone understands it and will work hard!”

  I’m glad, my number didn’t that big… But why nobody mentioned it?

Belinda looked at the girl with the lowest points and was sure, she did it on purpose.

Pedró showed them some new moves and they were sent to train. Controlling the energy and hit the puppet for hours wasn’t that easy. At the end of the training, Belinda reached almost 650...

  What one thousand? Even reaching 800 on the 5th days will be a miracle!

She went to drink some energy shakes to have the energy for her try to walk on the water. She felt that she was closer to a ninja than an immortal…

Belinda was surprised to see Horác in front of her water field’s gate.

„Don’t I have another week before your deadline?” she was confused.

„Yes, but Bertold has some duels today, so I come to see how’s your progress with the training.”

They went in and Belinda stood on the edge of the lake. She took a big breath and stepped on its surface. One step, 2 steps, and then she sank until the water reached her knee. She didn’t sink further and walked around for some minutes. Usually, she could walk for half an hour before she completely sank, but now she needed to show her progress in a short time.

„Beautiful!” Horác clapped.

16