Chapter 60: Ring
476 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The teachers walked around to write down their results. The students who failed the 5th time were asked to stay. When a teacher reached Belinda, he paused a little, then said ’work harder’ and send her away.

Belinda was confused but still left. After she walked through the gate she stopped.

  Don’t tell me they are so afraid of Horác, they don’t dare to punish me?!

After 2 days, Belinda was able to reach the 1k hits and she felt satisfied. She hated the way how the others looked at her for escaping the punishment, so now she could continue her training with ease.

Sometimes if she wasn’t too tired, after dinner she went to work in the library. She didn’t know if the others worked hard or the students took back the books to their place, but there weren’t too many things to do.

One day when she went to train to the water field, she saw Horác stood at the gate. He seemed to be a little dejected. She realized, almost 2 weeks passed, so he was back a long time before…

„Hello, my forgetful student.” he said weakly.

„Good afternoon, teacher! Long time no see!” she said respectfully. She tried to please him.

„Long time… Huh… It was a really long time… Just a week and you forget me…” he was depressed. „If I don’t come today, when will you intent to visit me?”

Belinda was speechless. She didn’t know what to say. She knew that the transportation array could be used once a week, but Horác didn’t mentioned when he would come back!

Horác took out something and threw it to her.

Belinda snatched it, then watched it confusedly. It was a 5 centimeter long black stone. Where the sunlight broke on it, it became golden. She felt a mysterious power in it.

„That’s your present for working so hard.” Horác said. „Let’s go in and I show you how to use.”

He told her about the soul fragment that she mistakenly created. Belinda already realized the cat wasn’t that simple how it looked. She followed Horác’s instruction to summon it, but it didn’t like the stone and went back into her body.

They confusedly looked at each other. They didn’t understand why it didn’t work. In the end, Belinda took away the stone and would try it later.

„Hey! Take it in your pouch, it’s valuable!” Horác was angry. She just casually took it in her pocket.

„Oh, I didn’t find it…” Belinda scratched her head. She didn’t know how many times she looked through everything again and again, but nothing. She was so frustrated, so she just let it be.

„That can’t be! With the uniforms, it was left in the wardrobe!” Horác felt irritated, some time ago she questioned his knowledge, so he ’asked’ some teacher about these things.

„… You can come with me and look around if you don’t believe me.” Belinda invited him.

In the end, they went back into Belinda’s room. Horác slowly looked through everything but didn’t find it.

Belinda was furious. He so casually flipped through her clothes. She was ready to jump on him if he dared to touch her underwear.

Horác had some common sense and didn’t touch them. He was so deep in his thought, he didn’t realiz he just saved his life.

„Maybe the pixies took it away…” he muttered.

„Pixies?!” Belinda was surprised. She never thought they existed.

„Yes. It’s an old legend of the Academy. The city of the Pixies exists somewhere in this closed world. They can go in anywhere and take away anything they like.” Horác thought a little, then continued. „Under that stone in the garden, there is a chest with some old diaries. They were left behind by previous teachers. The oldest one mentioned the pixies were hunted down by the immortals. The founder loved those little creatures and formed this world to protect them.” Horác pointed to the corner of the room. „Even if one of them stood there, you couldn’t see it, because this world’s rule hides them.”

Belinda’s chin fell because not far from the place where Horác pointed, something peeped out from behind the wardrobe.

„It’s unbelievable, right?” Horác smiled.

Belinda shook her head. She was confused. She really saw something? It was just a second… Maybe Horác played with her again…

She walked to the wardrobe to look behind it, but what she found wasn’t a little creature but a ring. She took it out and showed it to Horác.

Horác was shocked. He looked there before, but there wasn’t anything.

„… It’s a space ring.” Horác said slowly. It was a rare and precious one, where did it come from?

„… How can I use it?” Belinda didn’t really care where it came from. She knew it wasn’t in the room the last time she searched for the pouch. Maybe the pixies gave it to her as compensation for taking away her thing.

Horác taught her then saw a little symbol on the ring. He was confused. Where did he saw it before?

Belinda tried to see the space in the ring and her eyes lit up. She grabbed Horác’s hand.

Horác was so deep in his thought, he didn’t realize something was wrong. He only felt that there the room had more light, then he looked up and froze. Why the hell am I in a barren place?!

„Uh… Hello. Hello!... *tap* *tap* Can you hear me?”

He heard Belinda’s voice from above, but when he looked up, he only saw the blue sky.

„How is it working?... Is there no air, and he can’t speak?!” Belinda was confused. In the novels, space only could take in humans if there was air in it.

  Oh, novels follow the authors’ ideas, not as if they were immortals and saw those things ever… It’s better if I not think about them as usable information.

„Um, Horác? You told me how to take in things, but how can I take you out?”

Horác was speechless. Then why did you use me as a guinea pig?!

17