Chapter 61: Holiday
484 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The space in the ring was 500 square meters big. There was nothing just the weed grew. After some work, it was really suitable for living there. If Belinda would have some pets she could just take them in. She didn’t need to care for sending them to the stable.

The space was blocked around with thick fog. It was as hard as a rock.

Horác told Belinda how to take him out and how could she enter and leave the space. After 10 minutes he was finally released. He didn’t even look at her just left the room.

Belinda understood, she was too mean. She thought about giving something to him to apologize, but she realized, she didn’t have too many points and she couldn’t buy anything that Horác didn’t have.

When she visited him, he just threw her some books and didn’t care for her. Sometimes Belinda sat in the laboratory and watched his experiment.

She didn’t know, Horác bothered Bertold to tell him some usable information. He was persistent and irritating, so in the end, Bertold selected some short memory fragments and showed it to him. It gave inspiration to Horác and he started new research. He was cold to Belinda because he felt guilty for watching her memories without permission…

Belinda went to train every day, and slowly the autumn ended. In this world there weren’t Christmas or New Year, they only had one feast-day. It was the Year Valedictory. They celebrated it on the second day after the first snow fell. They didn’t just say goodbye to the year, but they remembered about the dead and everything that ended.

The people here believed that everything was a part of a circle. When the world started it was empty and cold, like the winter. Then life slowly born like the spring. It was lively and strong like the summer. Then it became old and slowly died like the autumn, and completely disappeared as everything under the first snow.

They didn’t sell things or hold a big festival. This day was the most peaceful day. There wasn’t any training, so Belinda stayed in her room.

At lunch, there was a special dish. It was four fruits that represented the four elements. Belinda never saw anything alike. Türa was a big red ball, which was extremely hot and represented the fire. Föró was similar to the peanut and represented the soil. A blue, almost brick shaped Vilö was similar to a coconut. Its skin was hard, but the inside was liquid. It represented the water. And the last one, Széb was similar to the bean’s skin. Its color was turquoise and represented the wind.

They ate them because they believed that it could wash away the old things and gave you a new life.

Belinda couldn’t understand this custom, yet she needed to follow it. She wanted to die. She couldn’t handle spicy things and she needed to start with the Türa. She just bit one and almost vomited out everything. Everyone else ate them casually. They were used to it from a young age. Somehow she ate it, but she wasn’t able to feel anything after that. When she ate the Föró she felt the swelling from her lips and tongue went down. She slowly drank the Vilö and the burning sensation was washed away. Her eyes lit up and ate the last one. The Széb had a similar flavor as menthol, it gave her the feeling as if she was reborn and made her refreshed.

  I can understand why they like it, but why is it forbidden to eat them on other days?

Belinda sighed. She took back her plates and left. Outside the cafeteria, she saw Bertold. She didn’t saw him after his duel in the Arena.

„Let’s go.” he said casually as if they just parted some minutes before.

Belinda froze on the spot. She didn’t know how to face him.

  How much did he saw? He saw that thing?! Was he the same as me and wasn’t able to go too far? Did he saw me while I bathed?!

Belinda covered her face with her hands. If he really saw everything, then she just wanted to die…

While Belinda was deep in self-pity, Bertold looked at her and felt complicated. He walked back and carefully hold one of her wrists and pulled her hand.

Belinda looked up at him and saw those beautiful eyes full of strength. It could give the feeling of being safe…

  What the… He is still so tall! I grow a little in these months and became 130 centimeters high, but I’m sure he grows too. Don’t tell me, would he reach 2 meters?

Bertold’s face darkened. He saw Belinda’s thought ran far, far away… He held her hand and led her away.

Belinda only came back to her senses, when they reached the dormitory. She looked up and saw that it wasn’t hers, but Bertold pulled her in. They went to the 3rd floor and stopped in front of a door. Belinda felt her heart almost jumped out of her chest.

  It’s Bertold’s room!!!

She was excited. She wanted to see, what a young and energetic guy could have in his room.

After the door was opened, she went in first and looked around. Bed, wardrobe… almost everything was similar to her room, only in the corner there wasn’t a bookshelf and a desk, but a table and 2 chairs.

Bertold took a jug of water on the table, then he took 2 glasses out from nowhere.

Belinda looked at him and her eyes narrowed.

  No books? Don’t the guys in your age love to read porn? Where is it? Don’t tell me, are you the type who hides it under his bed?

She looked at the bed and almost knell down to see if anything was under it. She wanted to find out at least one of his secrets.

She completely forgot that the cultivators had their own space and they could hide their things within it instead of leaving it outside…

19