Chapter 62: Rule
486 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda sat at the table and drank the water slowly. She played with it and sometimes looked at Bertold. His eyes weren’t focused and sometimes he opened his mouth but closed it without saying anything. It seemed that he couldn’t find the right words.

Belinda felt bored. She looked around, but couldn’t find anything interesting.

„…” Bertold took a big breath. „I saw everything… Sorry.”

Belinda spat the water on the table and started to cough.

  And you needed months to say it out?! You already showed it to me in the Arena!

„… Sorry.”

Belinda felt annoyed and hold her forehead. She could see that Bertold was a proud person. From him for getting a sorry as an apology was already the best she could get. She sighed and accepted it.

„So… Did you only call me here for this?” she asked.

Bertold evaded her eyes and Belinda became angry.

  Just how many things still there?!

„I… to Horác… I… told some things.”

Belinda grabbed the glass in her hand. Luckily, it didn’t break, but she was ready to throw it to him.

„I only told him about some chemistry’s curriculums. It can help his researches. I swear I’ll never tell anything to anyone else!”

Belinda’s chin fell.

  What the hell he ate to speak so much?!

„… I see.” She couldn’t do anything. It was already seen and told, so she could only accept it.

„Don’t you want to ask something?” Bertold asked, but seeing she was confused, he added. „About today’s event…”

„Ah!” Belinda’s eyes lit up. „Those fruits! Why aren’t they available on the other days?”

„Those fruits only grow at night after the first snow fell and they’ll be rotten after 1 day.”

„Why?”

„Because it’s the rule of the world.”

Bertold saw Belinda didn’t understand it. He took out an apple and hold up.

„What will happen if I release it?”

„What else? It’ll fall.”

„Why?”

„Because of the gravitation.”

„Why?”

„…” Belinda shut up. She started to understand it, but really, Bertold’s way to tell things was really something!

Every world had its own rules. Seemingly most of them were similar, but there were a lot of new ones. Her way of thinking was different because in her world the humans did a lot of research to understand these rules. That’s why when she ran into a new one she wanted to understand it. But in this world that knowledge didn’t exist, she could only accept it.

In the cultivators’ eyes, the roots determined what kind of natural forces they could control. That day in the Arena, they thought that Bertold controlled the wind. But that was impossible because he had a fire root. Through Belinda’s memories, he was able to understand what the fire itself was and use that knowledge to create new spells.

„This world is more controlled by rules than yours.” Bertold thought about it, then continued. „Here’s a rule called Parents’ wish. The girls inherit their mothers’, while the boys inherit the fathers’ wish. If you are lucky then it’s just like ’I hope she will be happy’, but sometimes these wish will control your life. As ’I want her to be a teacher’, ’to marry a rich man’… And when a child hated or don’t wanted, those wishes can become really horrible… When the parents have regrets, because they couldn’t do something, it’s become their wish and let their children take over it.”

„That’s cruel!” Belinda was angry, she didn’t want to live a life controlled by others. When she thought about she needed to follow Médea’s mother wish she felt cold. She remembered, she heard something at the end of Médea’s memory. She looked at Bertold as if asking him.

Bertold nodded. „For mortals, those wish not that strong, because they don’t remember it. But during the Soul awakening, you will hear it, and it’ll control your life after that. You can’t run away anymore.”

Belinda was close to crying. She didn’t pay too much attention to it at that time, but now she knew why Médea died. Her mother’s wish was too cruel. Even if she didn’t wanted her, how could she wish her death?!

„You are not her.”

From the shock, Belinda jerked her head up and looked at Bertold.

„That wish can’t control you.” he tried to calm her down.

Belinda sighed. He was right, she was an outsider…

„Wait!” she suddenly remembered something. „You saw all of my memories?”

Bertold nodded.

„Then do you know why my aura similar to the boys’?” she really wanted to know it.

„… Yes.”

Belinda’s eyes shined, she excitedly looked at him. ’Tell me’ was written all over on her face.

„… No.” Bertold looked away. He didn’t want to see her disappointment. „It’s better if you don’t know.”

Belinda’s head hit the table. The tears fell from her eyes. She felt so dejected. She knew she didn’t have the power to force him to tell her. So she could only give up.

There wasn’t another thing to speak about, so she left Bertold’s room. She ran away without looking back. She felt that she needed to move, or her emotions would break out. Before she realized, she stood in front of Horác’s laboratory, then collapsed to the ground.

  Shit! I forgot to look under his bed!

Belinda sat on the floor for a while. She didn’t have the mood to speak with Horác. She slowly calmed down and left.

She walked aimlessly around the buildings.

„Beel!”

She froze. That nickname was enough to make her ready to kill! She slowly turned back.

Egon walked to her while he hugged 2 girls. The younger ones seemed to be around 16, while the older ones was 19 years old, maybe… Belinda wasn’t sure. The immortals’ appearances were too different from their age.

„What happened? Why did you cry?” Egon asked worriedly.

„Teacher! You told us we’ll go to see your pets!” the older one said sulkily. It was easy to see, she already didn’t like the other girl’s presence, yet Egon started to speak with another one.

Belinda just rolled her eyes. „Just go and enjoy your date. I don’t need your care.”

Egon looked after her and shook his head. The two girls continued to beg him to go here and there and didn’t call others.

„Okay, my darlings! I’m yours for the whole day!” he happily walked away with them.

17