Chapter 63: Elemental servant
475 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the next day, everything went back to the old track. The snow didn’t melt, but the kids weren’t affected by the cold. After their cultivation broke through the 1st level, that little cold couldn’t cause a problem for them.

Belinda realized she became more energetic. Her yin body really enjoyed this weather. Sorrowfully the winter only lasted for a month in this world.

In the afternoon Belinda met with Bertold. He took her into another training field. There wasn’t any water but a table with some weapons on it.

„Let’s try them slowly.” Bertold said. He grabbed a dragger and showed some moves.

Belinda’s eyes shined. She already was able to walk on the water without problems, so she hoped to change her training. She took a fast glance on the weapons and sighed. If Bertold really saw all of her memories, he needed to know she was best at shooting, yet all the weapons there were for close combat…

Immortals could move too fast, so shooting them from afar was impossible. Belinda understood this, but she really hoped to use some weapons that were similar to pistols.

After the training, Bertold told her she needed to come here on every second day’s afternoon.

Hearing it, Belinda was happy for having a day off. Her hands hurt. Sparring with Bertold was so much harder than she thought. She felt that the morning training with the puppet was child play.

In the evening, Belinda took a bath and summoned her cat. It was more and more energetic. Even formed from hot water, it was able to stay for half an hour.

Belinda took out the stone that Horác gave her. She played with it. She read books about elemental servants so she understood what her cat was. She knew that this stone was necessary for it to survive, yet it hated it. Even Horác didn’t find any information about why the servant enjoyed being close to its master’s soul.

Belinda watched the cat playing around in the bathroom. Its body was completely transparent before, but now it started to have some faint color. It was black and brown with some white spots. Before when she touched it, it gave off the feeling she touched a rubber, but now it changed into a real fur feeling.

The cat rolled on the floor and looked at her with playful blue eyes.

Belinda sank under the water and sighed.

  Why my first thought was its eyes so similar to Bertold’s, instead of thinking it’s the same color as the sky or something else?!

In the Interstellar Alliance, when children became 5 years old, they could choose a pet. Because technology’s knowledge was really high, they could create their pet’s appearance. Belinda remembered, at that time she chose a cat. She really loved it, but the genetic modification sometimes had problems and the pet died. She was an unlucky one. Her cat died after 4 months. She refused to get another one and deleted all the pictures about it. She didn’t remember its appearance anymore.

Every time she looked at her cat servant, she thought, it felt familiar. Maybe deep inside her heart, she couldn’t forget that little kitten…

Half an hour passed, and the cat disappeared. The soul fragment became stronger in these 5 months and even Belinda was able to see it.

Some books mentioned, when a soul became complete it would be separated from its master and reborn as a legendary demonic beast. It still would be a servant, but it would has its free will and would be able to take on a human form. All the beasts that were able to take on a human form, were the descendants of those servants.

Belinda felt that it was as if she watched her little cat daughter grow up. She really wanted to see her human form, but it was still far away, she didn’t know how many years she would need to wait for it.

She watched the ring on her finder. It had a big space and she could plant anything in it. She wasn’t interested in refining pills, so she would not use it for herbs. Not to mention, she didn’t want to spend all her nights to work on the field… She thought about it and chose to buy some fruit seeds and let’s see if they could grow by themselves.

The next day’s afternoon, Belinda went to speak with Horác. It was time to learn something new, not just watching his experiment.

As always, Horác didn’t pay any attention to her just played with the poisons.

Belinda walked to the table and slapped on it with her 2 hands. The whole table trembled and some glasses fell over. The experiment ended with a failure.

Horác slowly looked up and saw Belinda smiled at her, but her smile didn’t reach her eyes.

„Do you want to say something to me?” she slowly asked.

„…” Horác understood it right away. Bertold told her everything. „I’m sorry. Those memories are really precious. I couldn’t stop myself to know more…”

„… Anything else?”

Horác thought a little, then his eyes lit up. He spoke a lot about his realization after getting those pieces of information. He got inspiration and was able to continue some of his abandoned researches.

Belinda sighed. It wasn’t what she wanted to hear, but who cared. It seemed, Horác was able to get a step closer to his wish to seal the poison in his body for a while. Seeing his happiness, she chose to forgive him. Not as if she could do anything else…

After an hour, Horác finally calmed down and took out a book and gave her.

„Here the easiest protection’s arrays. In the first year’s last month there will be a field practice. You guys will be staying in the forest for a week, so learn some ways to protect yourself. There the monsters’ strength wouldn’t be higher than the 3rd level and not the dangerous one, but they like to play around. I’m sure, you’ll want to be able to sleep at night.”

Belinda opened the book and froze. Maybe they were called the easiest, but they had a lot of symbols and characters. She had 5 more months, but she wasn’t sure how much she could memorize.

18