Chapter 64: Swords
467 8 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time flew and 3 months passed. It was in the middle of the spring.

Belinda felt tired. She trained without stopping. Her days were so full, she always ended up leaving things for the next day, yet she didn’t have the time to do them. She wished for the days for being longer.

Some days before she was able to break through to the 2nd level. After it, her memories became better and she learned faster. To celebrate it, Horác gave her a book about herbs. She needed to learn their names and appearances.

Belinda opened the book and sighed. A lot of them were too similar.

„I’m not interested in learning refining.” she said weakly.

„I know, but having more knowledge will never hurt you. Not to mention, you can get money by selling them. You’ll be cheated if you don’t know what you sell!” Horác ended the conversation easily.

Belinda dejectedly took away the books and went to learn.

Her sparring with Bertold didn’t go well. She just couldn’t feel right with any weapons.

One day, Bertold gave her a pair of tonfa. She was confused about what to do with them, but the more she used them, the better it felt.

She was shocked. It wasn’t a weapon you could see anywhere. It was a good weapon but had a fatal problem. You couldn’t cut with it… She felt sorry for those weapons. Almost every day she needed a new pair because Bertold’s sword damaged them too much and they broke.

Some days later, Horác gave her a lot of homework and went to the city. She wanted to cry when she saw all those books.

After 2 weeks she finished them, but Horác didn’t come back. It gave her some free time. She was able to go to the library to get more points. She got some from Horác when she finished learning something, but it was never enough.

When the spring started, she visited the garden and bought some plants. Sorrowfully they cost a lot and she didn’t want to use all her points on them. The space in the ring had some good functions. One of them was that she didn’t need to water the plants. The soil was enough wet, and the weeds didn’t grow back too. She really loved that she didn’t need to do anything with it.

She planted some watermelons, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. Now she was saving up to buy some trees. They needed too much time to grow. In the garden, they sold young trees, but their price was high.

From the cafeteria, she took away some apples, pears, plums, apricots, and oranges. She planted their seeds, but after 3 months their places in the ring still didn’t have any movement. She didn’t know if she did something wrong or they just needed more time…

One day, when she went to train with Bertold, Horác was there too. He came back after a month.

„You are finally here! Come here, come here!” he called Belinda excitedly.

She was confused but still walked to him. The next second, her hands were grabbed.

When she looked down she saw 2 deep blue crystal bracelets on her wrists. They gave off a cold, yet pleasant feeling.

„These are ice crystals.” Horác said happily. „It can help you. Their coldness can make your body feel better in the summer.”

Belinda touched them and felt satisfied. They were beautiful.

„And there’s another way to use them.” Horác grinned. „Send some energy into it.”

Belinda did as he told and she felt something appeared in her hands. She drabbed them and was shocked. It was a pair of one-handed swords. They were katanas and their blades were in the same color as the bracelets. Belinda felt the cold aura from them too.

What made them special were their hilts. They had 2. You could hold them the same way as the tonfas.

Belinda remembered, during the training she sometimes changed her hold on the tonfas and used them as sticks. She never thought that Bertold would pay attention to her every movement.

She was sure, those weapons were custom-made because she never heard or saw anything alike.

Those ice crystals seemed to be rare things and these swords... She couldn’t imagine how much they could cost. She didn’t know when she could get enough money to pay for them.

„Do you like it?” Horác asked.

„… Yes, but I don’t think I can pay for them.” she sighed.

„It’s nothing! I get them cheap! Just half liter blood.” Horác waved.

  Half liter?! Didn’t you bought that stone for 2 drops of blood and it was already a rare thing?!

Belinda was speechless. She didn’t know that could make Horác say that it was expensive…

She watched the 2 swords in her hands and suddenly realized something.

„Don’t tell me… this is my payment for those memories?”

The 2 men turned away and her face darkened.

  I knew it! So ’accept it and shut up’, huh?

Belinda didn’t pay more attention to them and tried out the weapons. The more she used them the better she felt. It was almost like they became parts of her body. She really loved that feeling and she knew, she couldn’t give away the katanas anymore.

„They perfect, right?” Horác eyes shined. He could see they matched completely.

„… yes, but their blade will be short when I grow up…” she felt a little dejected. They were so good, why were they made for a kid?

„Haha. You don’t need to be afraid of that. They will grow with you!”

  Just what kind of weapons are these?!

After a while, Bertold stepped out and they stared their training. Finally, Belinda was able to use her full power without being afraid of her weapons would break.

Horác stayed and watched them. He was really interested in those swords. When Bertold gave him their layouts, he didn’t understand what he wanted. He saw arm blades before, but it was completely different.

He watched how Belinda used them as tonfas then grabbed the other hilt and they became normal swords. She played with them as if it was the easiest thing.

Horác laughed. Some people’s ways of fighting were really too special.

18