Chapter 65: Fruit candy
465 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the training, Belinda saw that Horác was still there. She was too excited because of her new weapons and she forgot she wanted to ask about some things.

Doing her homework she read about the natural energies. It mentioned that some demonic beasts were born connected with a strong element. They lived in places, which had stronger energies. Because of it, if they met with a cultivator, who didn’t seem to be dangerous and had a single root with the same element they would come close to them.

She remembered that time when they visited the stable. There were a lot of bishes that flew to her. Zotmund said that it showed how high one’s potential was to become a tamer. But those pets loved the water and she had a single water root…

„Horác, could we speak? I have some questions.” she walked to him.

„Hmm? Say it.” Horác smiled happily.  He was in a good mood today.

„You see, I read the book related to energies…” she told him her case with the bishes. „What do you think?”

„Something like this happened?” he was surprised. „You are lucky it was just some pets. If it’s a stronger beast, maybe it would try to eat you. For the water type monsters, you are a yummy snack. Just ask Bertold how much time he was attacked by fire beasts.”

Belinda was shocked. She never thought that her life would be in danger. But she remembered reading similar cases in novels.

She sighed and felt dejected. Her dream to become a tamer completely shattered.

„Is there anything else?” Horác asked suddenly.

„Uh, yes! There is this thing!”

In Belinda’s palm, a purple fruit appeared. It had a really sweet scent that even made Horác swallow. It was a strawberry, but its color was completely different than the ones she knew.

„Where did you get this strawberry?!” Horác watched it with burning eyes.

Even Bertold came closer to see it.

Belinda felt the pressure under their eyes. She admitted everything about planting fruits in her space.

„You are just wasting that ring.” Horác shook his head. „It seems to have a lot of energy in it and made the fruits evolve to a higher level. If you planted herbs, they could reach a high level and you could sell them for a lot of money. Most of the herbs in the garden barely reach the middle level. Yet you…” he sighed.

„… So can I eat them or not?” she didn’t care about herbs. She wanted to know if she wasted her money on these fruits or not.

She saw Bertold took the strawberry from her hand and ate it.

„Sweet.” he said casually.

  So it’s edible. But why can’t you just say it?

„I know what your next task will be!” Horác’s eyes lit up. „Learn to refine fruit candies!”

„What?! I don’t want to refine…”

„You need! Those fruits have a lot of energy in them, but they’ll rot after a while. If you refine them into candies, you can eat it anytime. It’s better if no one knows you had the fruits itself.”

Fruit candies were popular sweets, but they cost a lot. Cultivating those fruits needed a lot of time and money, so using the cheaper herbs to refine energy pills were better. Yet if you asked the immortals almost half of them would say they had some candies. When you eat the pills, you need to sit down and cultivate, but the fruit candies would be digested. You didn’t need to stop and your energy would come back. When you were running away or in a fight and tired, it would always be the better choice.

„You don’t have too much time until your field practice, so it’ll be better if you have some candies at that time. You just need to say that, you get it from me and it’ll be okay.” Horác said. „Later, when you have a lot, just give it to me and I help you to sell it.”

Belinda nodded. She already knew that she just needed to use Horác’s name and she could evade anything. But she didn’t like it. Once she left the academy who knew how many people would come after her. Sadly, she didn’t need to say anything, everyone evaded her. They were afraid she say something to Horác and they would be poisoned…

Belinda sighed. Because of it, she didn’t know too many students. It wasn’t as if she wanted to have a lot of friends but it would be easier if she could work together with them.

Like this field practicing. She heard that 5 mentors would form a team and their students would go together. She was sure one of them would be Zotmund, but she didn’t know who could be the other 3. She looked at Bertold and guessed they would be Zotmund’s friends.

She suddenly remembered something and her eyes lit up.

„Right! I wanted to show you something!”

She took out another strawberry then walked a little farther from them and left it on the ground. She ran back to Horác.

„Just look at it.”

The 2 men watched it confusedly, but after some seconds they heard the sound of a fight, then some low voices spoke on a different language. They saw the strawberry was bitten again and again and they heard munching. The fruit disappeared so fast as if it was never there. After it, they heard some children laughing and it slowly disappeared as if they ran away.

„Before you said that there are legends about the pixies, but with this, we can prove they really exist! Hahaha!” Belinda laughed happily. Yesterday she left one strawberry on the table while she tried to find out if it was edible or not. When it disappeared, she thought that she took it away and forgot it, but when it happened with the third time, she realized something wasn’t right.

Horác was shocked. It was a legend because those pixies never took the initiative to show themselves in front of anyone. For them to come out so openly… He remembered there were some sounds as if they fought. Maybe they just love sweets too much?

20