Chapter 70: The weapon’s soul
432 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another 2 hours passed and 8 students left in front of Belinda. All the other weapons were given out, only they left. It was almost lunchtime, so the mentors left with the other students. Some came back to give fruits to the kids who still waited patiently in the line.

Belinda rubbed her stomach. She felt hungry too, but she didn’t dare to take out her fruits. Their smells were too strong. She would need to store some ordinary ones.

It seemed Bertold understood her problem and gave her 2 apples.

„Thank you!” Belinda happily accepted them.

She slowly ate them and watched the kid who just came out and showed his new sword to the others. It was a 2 handed one and seemed to be really heavy. The kid wasn’t able to hold it for a long time and dropped it. It crashed with a loud voice and the dust floated up.

  Its weight can be more than 100 kilograms… Why the hell did he choose such a heavy sword?!

Another child came out and finally, it was Belinda’s turn. A teacher walked in front of her and showed the right door. After she entered the door was closed behind her.

She looked around and sighed. The swords were placed in stacks. It was hard to see what was under them. She walked around aimlessly but didn’t see anything that made her interested. Sometimes she stopped and closed her eyes to feel it, but still nothing. In the end, she touched them one by one to see if there was anything suitable for her.

After half an hour, she didn’t know how many swords she touched, but it was still nothing. She felt tired and sat down to cultivate. She thought that maybe her way to try ’feel it’ was wrong. After 5 minutes, she really felt a vibration in the air. She followed it and reached the biggest pile of swords and her chin fell.

  Please, don’t be at the bottom of all of them!

Belinda threw away the swords and stopped sometimes to feel if she went in the right direction.

Outside the students were impatient. An hour passed, but the kid didn’t come out.

The two teachers standing in front of the door just laughed.

„I thought that this year there won’t be any lucky one, but there is!”

„Right! The kids get the weapons too fast!”

The students were confused.

„Excuse me, but can you tell us why he is lucky staying in for so long?” one of them asked.

„Oh, it’s easy. We call those weapons failure, but they have consciousness. When you go in, you can find a good sword easily, but sometimes the most suitable one will hide from you. They’ll test you to see if you have the patience and insistence to find them.”

„Some of them really playful.” the other teacher continued. „They show their aura then hide it and watch the chosen kid become mad for not being able to find it.”

„Hahaha! You remember that kid who spent 8 hours inside?”

„Haha! He was so miserable!”

The teachers told some old stories and the students felt lucky for stayed behind. They thought they wouldn’t run to choose but search patiently.

Bertold stood next to the door and waited patiently. He closed his eyes and didn’t care about the others.

Another half hour passed and the door finally was opened.

Belinda came out and wiped the sweat from her forehead. She was so tired and her clothes were soaked in sweat. She didn’t even have the power to be angry. The sword wasn’t under that pile, it just played with her. She threw away all the weapons and it finally showed it real location.

The teachers come over to see her sword. It was a katana with a long thin blade. At first, it seemed to be broken, but if someone watched it properly, they could see the creator used a lot of time to give it a damaged appearance.

„Okay. The next one can go in!” they went back to continue their work.

Belinda played with the sword. She didn’t think it was so amusing.

„Let’s go to Horác.” Bertold said and walked away.

„Ok, but I need to take a bath first!”

„The lab has a bathroom too.”

  You want me to take a bath THERE?!

Belinda was shocked, then she hit her forehead. She completely forgot about the Cleaning array! No one could blame her, she loved to play in the water because of her water root.

When they reached the laboratory, Belinda gave her new sword to Horác and ran into the bathroom. After some seconds she came out and her clothes were clean. She felt so refreshed and happy.

Horác didn’t care about her, he just watched the sword. „It’s beautiful! You can see the creator used a lot of effort to make it. It such a pity, it’s broken…”

Belinda was confused. „It’s just the appearance…”

„No, I mean the soul. When it was merged with the sword, it was damaged and this weapon became trash.” he gave back the sword to Belinda.

The ice crystal’s bracelets shined a little on her wrist, then the sword shook. It was as if it tried to refuse Horác’s words.

„Interesting! It can resonate with the ice crystal. It seems to be some kind of ice beast. Oh, it reminds me. Your twin swords aren’t perfect too. They still don’t have souls.”

„Souls? You mean they need more than one?”

„Of course! They are twin swords, they need two souls!”

„Then why did you give them to me?”

„Your cultivation’s level too low, so you need at least 5 more years to become enough strong. And your swords are really problematic. Because they are twins, we need to find twin beasts and they need to be ice type monsters. Those monsters mostly low-level ones, so it will be hard to find the good ones.”

Belinda didn’t think her weapons would be so problematic.

Horác patted her shoulder. „Don’t panic! I know some way to get the information and we have a lot of time! Just prepare yourself, because when the time comes, you will come with us too!”

18