Chapter 2: Fallen dreams
80 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the top of a great cliff the campers gathered

"Damn," DJ blurted out

"I told you" Jude looked down

"Very well, today's challenge is threefold, the first part consists of jumping from this 300-meter mountain into the lake"

"No brainer" The surfer said to Tyler, but Chris wasn't done.

"If you look down, you can see two zones, the small one is the safe zone and the big one, well, we call it the psychotic shark zone and it eats people for a reason."

"Excuse me"Big Sister Leshawna hoped it was a tacky joke

"Those who survive will have to bring some boxes with pieces necessary to build a fabulous jacuzzi, the losers will send someone home. Who starts?"

Bridgette looked down and asked who wanted to go first.

"Hey, I haven't done this in a long time." Jude raised her hand.

"Do you jump into shark-infested waters often?" Duncan joked

"They are usually piranhas" he replied to throw himself.

"He really did" Said some

Jude fell into the safe zone and made it safely ashore thanks to a ship.

"Who's next?"

"Ladies first" Duncan said

"He could, me too, it's not a big deal, just an insane jump into a circle of hungry sharks" The surfer launched herself ... to land perfectly in the safe zone.

Next up was Tyler who painfully crashed into a buoy.

Geof, Eva, Duncan and Ezekiel achieved their goal, the latter with no style, but the prize for the worst fall goes to Harold falling on his nuts, if it were not crazy it almost seemed that the sharks felt it too. However, DJ and Courtney gave up, as punishment they had to wear a chicken hat.

"Wait, there's a catfish missing" Chris pointed out.

"I won't jump without Katie"

"We have to be on the same team"

It seemed like they weren't going to advance, so Chris relented when Izzy offered to change teams; the best friends jumped and fell in the safe zone.

"Well moles, get over that and we'll give you a wheelbarrow"

"Great, at least one of ours is already downstairs, who's next?" Trent was optimistic

After an argument, and LeShawna throwing Heather into the water, the moles were launching, some in less heroic ways than others, only Izzy fell into the shark zone.

"Izzy swim fast before they catch up to you" Jude yelled

"They will never eat me alive" she yelled at the sharks to swim out like a motor boat, the animals hunted and when they were getting closer.

"Look at a flying steak!" Jude pointed.

"Don't be an idiot, who would think ..." Heather couldn't finish teasing because she was overheard.

"Where?" Surprisingly the sharks and Owen were looking for the flying food.

............................. Static .................... ..................................

"I'll be honest, it was just the first thing that occurred to me" Jude said half laughing.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"The level of intelligence of it cannot fall any lower" Heather pointed to his head

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

Thanks to distraction, Izzy arrive in one piece at the beach, in more ways than one.

"That was exciting" Izzy about to come out of the water completely

"You should wait, have this." Jude tossed him a towel as he sneakily tucked away a camera.

"Drying off in the water, how could I not think of it?" Izzy said laughing.

"Actually it's for cover, you lost something" Jude pointed to a piece of cloth floating in the water.

"Oops, I think you're right, hehehe, maybe I should hunt a squirrel for its fur" Izzy covered herself with the towel.

"You get points for originality, however, take, I always have for emergencies" he gave her a camouflage shirt

"Thanks, dreadlocks" And they joined the rest of the group.

"That was very chivalrous, Joan" Lindsay and most of the participants saw the scene

"You do not have to thank, it is not necessary"

"He's right, friend, why the hell did you do it? I almost saw my first lolas live" Harold was saddened.

"Shut up, you pervert." Big sister kicked sand in his face.

"Putting aside, that sounded a bit pathetic," Jude was saying until Duncan corrected.

"No, it was very pathetic."

"How many are missing?"

Chris would answer his question from above.

"Okay, moles, Beth gave up, you need this one to win" Only Owen was left on the site.

"But with Jude we didn't win by numerical advantage?" Gwen asked to finish the matter quickly.

"No, we only counted the ones who dropped out" Chris was amused.

"It all depends on you big man, no pressure"

Owen relaxed

"Very good if there is pressure"

Owen gets tense again

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"I was very nervous, the point is that I'm not a very good swimmer"

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"I look at the guy and think, he will never make it" Geof leaned back

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"I really thought, if he jumps he's going to die" Said Gwen

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

 

 

Against all odds, Owen jumped, setting off a huge wave that damaged campers and sharks alike.

"Yes, yes, yes Who is the boss?" Celebrate the big guy

"Winners Screaming Moles" Announcement Chris

The team is happy about their victory.

.................................................. .................................................. .....

The teams transported the boxes as best they could, the moles were singing due to their wheelbarrows.

Everything was relatively quiet, people going to the bathroom, more insect bites, collecting shells, etc.

Obviously the moles arrived first and began to open the boxes ... with their mouths.

"I love making up rules" Chris gloated watching the campers

"Yes, I did it" Izzy said with a rope in her mouth that was released.

"Aii, the rope burned my tongue"

"Try this" Jude handed him some kind of pasta

"Are you ready for everything?" Gwen asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I left the Vampire Kit at home" Jude replied laughing.

"Very funny" Heather said wryly.

Thanks to teamwork, lead time, and Heather at least pretending to support LeShawna they crushed the catfish, though her rivals struggled and only Harold was injured in the process.

At dinner the catfish mourned the loss of him and the moles mourned having seen Owen naked in the hot tub.

"Owen you must wear pants, one only goes naked when asked or necessary" Jude said seriously

"I won't ask, but I agree" Gwen supported any idea that kept Owen in clothes.

While the moles discussed fashion, the catfish decided who to eliminate, the ones who were most at risk were the chickens Dj and Courtney.

"I'm leaving, I've had enough pressure food" Dunca got up.

"Wait, we're not done" Courtney tried to stop him

"I don't understand why we lost, they are the ones with the most girls" Ezekiel said out of nowhere.

"Ojojojo, he didn't say that" Jude laughed

But the smart boy wasn't done even though the surfer and bodybuilder surrounded him

"Why not? My dad always says how men are better than women"

"Friend, what century do you think we are in?" Jude tried not to burst out laughing.

"And that it is important to protect her always ..." He could not finish because Eva began to choke him.

"Girls, give him a break, at least he doesn't think we boys are smarter than boys" Geof tried to calm them down, Eva released the farmer just to keep talking.

"But they are"

.................................................. .................................................. .....

At the elimination campfire almost everyone seemed to agree

"Man, you have a lot to learn from the real world" Duncan said to the peasant

"Killer catfish, in this camp the marshmallows represent their chance to stay in the game, the person who doesn't get one will walk down the pier of shame and get on the losers' boat to leave here" The presenter had a tray of marshmallows.

"The first one goes to ... Geof"

All those mentioned, after the cowboy, were getting up until there were three people.

"There are only two marshmallows left, the penultimate one goes to DJ"

The big man gets up leaving only Courtney and Ezekiel.

"Campers, with this we will close the night"

The dramatic moment crushed those who remained

"Courtney" Chris gave her the last chance to stay and looked relieved.

"I'm not surprised, for something we rejected you, the pier of shame awaits you"

The peasant only walked to the boat

"The others are safe ... for now"

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Camp still sucks, but since I'm here, you better try to win." Gwen was frustrated.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"This is more fun than I expected. I wish would complete my list and get more memories" Jude was showing his camera

. .............................. Static ................... ...................................

"By the screaming moles" Cody said raising his juice in the jacuzzi

"By the screaming moles" he replied the rest with LeShawna dancing nearby, where Owen and Noah joined.

A little far away Courtney spoke to the camera

"Maybe we started badly, and that they enjoy their little party, but nothing will prevent them from winning this competition" She pointed at the camera.

"Sorry to interrupt your speech of protagonists of tv program" Jude said appreciating from somewhere

"Ah, what do you want?" She was surprised

"I just came to tell you, that you can use the jacuzzi when we finish"

"What is the catch?"

"Come on it's a competition, but outside of it we can get along

"Don't even think about it mole!" Courtney was frustrated at her miserable loss in the challenge

"Okay, calm down, the rest can come if they want, pretty girls are always welcome" Jude stretched his fingers pointing at Bridgette and Katie

They just laughed a little embarrassed.

After finishing her talk she returned to her team

"Who do you think?" Said Courtney

"I think I'm just trying to be nice" Katie replied

"You only think that because she called you cute"

"Not at all" she blushed a little.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Sadie and I were never very popular with the boys, it feels good to be praised."

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Whatever, but I will take the offer, see you later princess" Duncan went to his cabin

Everyone left thinking about the offer.

"Don't think ... ·" The princess looked like she would give another speech, but the shot was cut off.

.................................................. .................................................. ........

The alarm known as Chris went off two days later.

"Ouch, it's 7 in the morning" Leshawna said after hitting the roof of the bunk.

The teams met, everything was quiet, except for the part where Eva almost ate Cody's hand for trying to play her MP3.

"Good morning, I hope you slept well, you will need it for the challenge that starts in a minute" The presenter told them

"Excuse me, I don't know if that's enough time for breakfast" Owen worried

"Oh they will, after running 20 Kilometers" Chris laughed

"Do you think you're funny? I'll show you what's funny" Eva raised her fist, but she was restrained by her team

"Try to control your character" Courtney suggested.

"You are enjoying this!" Eva yelled at the host

"A little" Chris replied smiling

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Eva must control her temper. We've only been here two days and she broke a window and the doorknob" Courtney complained.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Ready, set and go" Most of the campers ran off

Jude went at his own pace wanting to talk to the other team who were walking, because when they were together Courtney would push him away.

"Hi, it's Katie and Sadie, right?"

"That's right" Katie replied

"And tell me why did you get on this show?"

"We thought it would be a fun experience for our friendship."

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"I know shouldn't be talking to him, but it's good to make new friends" Katie looked nervous

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

The three of them talked for a while, well close enough, because Katie took most of the talk with Jude

............................. Static .................... ..................................

"I think now know how it feels to be the third wheel, I have to apologize to some girls, I hope do not feel this way often ... no, Katie would not do that to me" Sadie commented a little worried

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

A while later we see Owen licking a puddle

"I can't, ha, more, I must have, ha, sickness" The big man was out of breath

"It's called obesity, look it up" Heather insulted him

"What's your excuse? Skinny annoyed, wuf, I'm too tired to insult you" LeShawna was leaning against a tree.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"I don't run and less with platforms" Heather told the camera

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Hurry up or you won't eat" Chris said as he passed on a scooter.

In the dining room, everyone waited for Noah to be revived and Harold not to pass out.

"Tachycardia stops me"

"You won't sleep" Courtney shook him.

"So who won the challenge?" Gwen asked

"Who said it was all the challenge?" Chris asked another question

"What?"

"Who is hungry?" The host continued without answering and presented a magnificent feast.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"After eating brown dough, I almost cried when I saw that banquet" Gwen said without showing it too much

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"And then I saw that banquet, it was so beautiful, give me a minute" Owen whimpered for a while.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

They all devoured the food and sat until Chris announced the next part of the challenge.

"What more do you want from us?" Gwen said worriedly.

"The weird goth is right, wasn't that enough?" Heather continued.

"Now that I think about it ... not even close, get ready for ... the wake-thon!"

"The whatton?" Owen was confused.

"It's easy, the last person awake wins"

"So everything today was part of your evil plan to make it harder for us to stay awake?" Gwen blurted out.

"Correct"

"Hell, it's good."

Some just nodded

"How long do you think we can all hold out?" Trent asked Gwen.

"About an hour or less"

"I would say less" Jude concluded looking at Owen as a zombie.

Time passed and surprisingly 12 hours after starting everyone was still awake.

"Stay awake for 12 hours, I can make it up to sleep" Was the last thing Owen said before he passed out.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"This can only be described as brutal" Said Gwen

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"It's not the kind of challenge I was expecting," Jude commented.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"This is very boring" Gwen commented already tired, like everyone else.

"Guao, it could be worse" Trent was yawning.

"How?"

"You could not be and I would not have anyone to talk"

Gwen just smiled at him.

"That was a good phrase," Jude commented to himself.

Heather watched them suspiciously.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

My strategy is to find two people desperate or foolish enough to make it to the final three.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Lindsay, what are you doing?" Jude was intrigued because the blonde was handstand.

"Trying to get the blood to run to my head" he replied even upside down.

"Good luck with that" Jude just smiled at the idea, the blonde on the side of him smiling back.

Lindsay's idea was accepted because Beth joined her.

"I'll bet you 10 bucks someone else joins" He told Cody.

But before he answered, Heather called them on the matter of the alliance.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"I trust Heather will lead me to the three finalists, the three finalists ... I wonder: What happens next?" Beth went from excited to thoughtful.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Speaking of alliances you know who we could include" Lindsay looked at a certain person.

"Oh no, three is enough, it is in the rules"

"Do we have rules?"

"Do you trust me? Or do you prefer to leave the alliance and run the risk of being fired?"

"Yes, I say, no, I mean, I want to be in the alliance"

"Fine, matter settled" Heather walked away from the blonde.

Lindsay stared at a certain camper

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Heather said couldn't join the alliance but didn't say she couldn't like me" Linsay was calm.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

Eva, at one point, had to go to the bathroom but she was so tired that she did not notice the fall of her MP3, a situation that Heather took advantage of to take it in a super discreet way.

It's been 24 hours and many campers are about to faint, some even had hallucinations like Tyler who attacked a bush accusing him of eating the surfer.

"This is already a little monotonous, let's raise the level" Chris was next to the chef who was wearing a sheep costume.

"Fairy tales"

"He's not serious" Said Gwen

"Chef, I think the wolf went over there" Jude joked, the chef just growled at him.

Chris began to narrate the story that most had the word boring in it, some campers began to fall, although others held on due to how disturbing it was to see the chef in other costumes, such as the ballerina.

"Chris I thought the point was to calm us down, not give nightmares, no offense chef" Jude complained, somewhat irritated by the lack of sleep.

"One more and you will see worm" threatened the cook.

"This is silly, to say the least," Gwen added.

At the 36th hour, several campers were looking for a way to forget about sleep; Courtney did calisthenics, Gwen and Trent chatted, etc.

"Linsay, you want to talk for a bit, Cody abandoned me for the Owen-sized bed" Jude pointed to the little boy who was leaning on the big man's belly about to close his eyes.

The blonde looked at Heather.

"Anything to win, but you already know what topic you should avoid touching" his alliance leader warned him.

They stayed on the sidelines.

"Are you close to Heather?"

"Yes Herta, Beki and I became best friends" She replied innocently

Jude just laughed

"Let's start with something easy, tell me about some of your happiest moments" Jude asked.

"Everyone at the school voted me to be prom queen and gave me a very cute tiara." Lindsay smiled at the memory of the moment.

"Wow, not surprising."

"What do you mean?"

"Well for the days we've been here, apart from how attractive you are, you're also very kind and sweet, I've seen girls who with half your appearance wouldn't even give Beth the time"

"I can't either, I don't have a watch"

"I mean they would think they were better than her and wouldn't talk to her, at school I had a friend who suffered because of that."

"But she is very nice"

"Right, that's why I think you're so agreeable" Jude smiled at her and she just looked at him with sweetness in her eyes.

"What happened to your friend, Jack?"

"I haven't seen her since a while, I hope she's okay"

They continued their talk until the 40th hour that Lindsay, and Beth, fell asleep.

"Alright, favorite song?"

"She will be loved. Favorite color?"

"Dark blue"

"Mysterious, I like it"

Gwen and Trent were still talking, in a pleasant way, Jude didn't want to interrupt them, so he just kept Owen from getting naked to keep busy.

"At least I'm not the only one with curious tendencies when sleeping" Jude muttered

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"When I combine beans and jam, strange things happen when I sleep" Owen mentions.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"How the hell do they do it?" Jude was curious about how Katie and Sadie ended each other's snoring.

Nearby, Gwen and Trent were gazing at the stars.

"Still awake"

"Yeah, I'm so tired that not tired anymore, does that make sense?"

"I have no idea"

When Gwen explained the stars to Trent they heard screams.

"Your eyelids are painted, I saw it" Eva yelled pointing at Justin

"Hush, I have to see this" Chris asserted and approached the model.

He had indeed painted his eyes to pretend to be awake

"This is great, but it's out friend"

"Gosh, I just wanted to know her method of concentration." Jude was confused.

At the 85 hour some were in curious ways, Dunca made a joke to Harold to wet his pants, Cody was thrown by Owen and ended up hugging Sadie and Noah kissing a tree trunk.

"Ah, I'm sorry" Cody apologized as the two reacted

"It's not a problem" Sadie said blushing.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"No boy had hugged me so tight, the few who approached us always try to flirt with Katie, even if she didn't notice ... Don't tell her that I said that last" Going from a dreamy look to being nervous.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"I'd kill for coffee now," Gwen complained.

As if he mocked, Chris came over coffee

"God, but what's wrong? Go to sleep, people."

"Editors are going to be busy." Even though he was jaded, Jude tried to keep his spirits up.

"You have to give it to me, I'll chew the beans" Gwen looked like she would knock Chris down.

"Calm down, alright, you six follow me" he told Evan Gwen, Trent, Duncan, Heather and Jude.

"The rest of you take a shower, you stink"

Harold ran out to change his pants.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Oh come on, what could be worse?" You know go ahead "Gwen looked determined with her hands on her hips.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"The History of Canada" Chris began to narrate with a book in relief, the campers only complained.

Some time later Eva fell next to Heather

At the 88th hour of starting the torture

"I can't take it anymore, nor as a night guard could I take so much, at least there could attack someone" Jude yelled a little upset.

"I'm warning you, I'm very restless when sleeping, don't come near me because ..." He couldn't finish because collapsed.

"It's true?" The goth asked curiously to Trent, who didn't answer because he couldn't take it anymore.

"Do not leave Me"

 Gwen was wondering if it was worth continuing when Duncan went to the bathroom, she walked gathering all the energy had left only to collapse a few minutes later near Jude.

"Looks like we have a winner" Chris received a piece of paper suddenly.

"And I'm right, Duncan gave up on the bathroom so victory goes to Gwen"

.................................................. .................................................. ..

As Gwen rose, or fell, to victory, Eva smashed her cabin looking for her MP3 player; she and Heather woke up before the contest was over.

"Someone will pay if I don't find my music, don't walk away" threatened the muscular one.

"If someone has it, it's a good time to turn it in to avoid destroying the camp," Courtney advised.

Heather arrived to deliver the device.

"You must have dropped it near the campfire" she said innocently.

Eva only saw her team

"No hard feelings" she was a bit embarrassed, her team just saw her wrong.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"Pitting team members against each other is a basic strategy," Heather gloated

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

The plan was a success, without any suspense, no matter how hard Chris tried, Eva was eliminated.

"Who needs them !?" The muscular woman took off, but not before kicking Chris in the shin.

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"It's like I said, he must control his temper if she wants to do something important in her life" Courtney sighed

.............................. Static ................... ...................................

"This is it for this episode, I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am, I'm Chris McLean and we'll see you next time on Total Drama Island!" Chris said looking at the camera and closing the program

"With this it turned out, someone put Duncan's pants on and take him out of the bathroom, I hope no one noticed his absence"

The catfish looked at each other.

"Are there no interns or workers for these circumstances?" Asked Courtney.

"They are busy trying out new challenges or healing their wounds," Chris replied lightly.

"Well this is a boys' issue, bye" The girls on the team said their goodbyes.

"I won't help Duncan" Harold took off not caring about upsetting his team.

The rest played rock, paper and scissors, where the winner turned out to be Geof.

"I put the pants on him, but you carry him" Tayler told DJ.

"Done"

.........................................................................................................

"What are they doing? Why haven't they gone to their cabins?" The host asked the moles.

"We have a problem here," Noah pointed out to the unconscious Jude, Gwen, and Trent.

"What's the matter? Just separate Jude from Gwen and carry him along with Trent.

He said it because Jude was hugging the goth as if she were a stuffed toy, she on the part of her was so exhausted that was still sleeping.

"They look something tender" said Beth.

"Whatever, just do it, and the rest of you?" He asked why he didn't see the schemer and the blonde on the team.

"Heather went to sleep and Lindsay is having a beauty treatment in the bathroom," Beth replied.

"Dude, we won't go near Jude, Owen can carry Trent" Cody said firmly.

"Why?"

"It's dangerous" Owen was nervous

"Come on, they can't be that useless"

"You try it" Noah suggested.

"Sure ... these teens, intern!"

From somewhere a fellow came running, to happen that he denied it to the catfish a moment ago.

"Separate those two and take the boy to his room, then bring me some coffee" Chris ordered

The intern went to complete his errand and when he was a few inches away, Jude raised his fist to hit his jaw and finish him off with a kick sending him flying a few meters.

"Damn, another intern at the infirmary ... What the heck was that?"

"Jude told us that his body defends itself when he sleeps, one time he almost knocked down the door of the cabin when Tyler was going to take a pillow that he was hugging and threw him into the air" Cody narrated.

"Chillingly cool, just leave them there"

"Is seriously?" Noah didn't know why he expected that answer

"Or you solve it, I must rest, this does not stand alone" Chris pointed to his face.

Everyone in the end retired to their cabins.

"How well will he fight in his sleep? How do I develop that skill? Will he work drunk?" They were the kind of questions Izzi asked himself while he was going to bed.

In conclusion, the pair was left to their own devices.

Nothing to report if you read the first chapter. Thank you for reading

 

3