Chapter 1- I don’t like this…
437 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


WELCOME BACK, this is the revamped version, it will be a little slower and hopefully better world building. But more importantly,  it will be much easier to follow(I hope)... please enjoy







Chapter 1 - I Don't Like This

“GROOOO-AAAAHHH!”

*squelch* *Quilch*

The sound of animalistic screams mixed with cutting and stabbing of flesh echoes in the not so deep cavern. Though this is a cave created by nature and is a natural construct, the inside looks like it was designed rather than grown. The cave walls were rough and grayish-brown, however the ceiling was high and covered with glowing white flowers, in the shape of Lilies, that acted as replacements for light fixtures, easily illuminating the entire room. The floor was flat and smooth with the occasional rock structure that could be confused for furniture. Currently the gray floor was covered in a black liquid leaking out of twitching green bodies on the floor.

*PATA* *PATA* *PATA*

The sound of footsteps coming toward the open area can be heard and soon a green body enters from a side entrance. Lights reflect off the short sword being swung from the side of the entrance of the cave chamber. The small balding creature wearing rags and holding a wooden stick had no time to react and goes wide eyed as it entered the chamber.

*Gelk* *Guk*

The illuminated blade loses its light as it finds its home in the small and green-leather skinned foe, causing an eruption of black blood.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" Cries the assailant as he tries to pull the blade out of his victim. 

*Grrrk* *Quish* *thud*

The sound of the blade,  that entered halfway into the neck of the creature, creates a stomach churning sound as it's pulled out and the creature falls to the floor. Small green-lighted dust pigments rise from the body and slowly travel to the sword owner, the illuminated particles attach onto the brown skin of the warrior and dissolve in his skin.

"Oh-wahhh…" a dry heave is heard as the swordsman's body jerks and convulses in disgust. Not from the glowing dust, but from the sound of his own blade entering and exiting his target. Nothing leaves the body no matter how disgusted he was, in fact…..

*UUUUURRRRGGG-OOOH*

The sound of a hungry stomach is heard even louder than the attempted regurgitation. Quickly sheathing the short sword that looks almost like a dagger to the large man holding it, he begins to pat his body down frantically. Touching what would be his brown-leather armor, in actuality it was just unrefined animal hide. So large that it could completely blanket an average sized person, with a hole cut into it  so his large head could fit in it. It drapes over his back and large pot belly like an apron, and is tied around him using a long rope. It sits on top a green shirt that separates it and the wide ill-defined shoulders of the person themself. The armor and belly of the person jiggle while it spills over the waist and brown rough pants of the would be warrior, as he pats himself down.

He soon finds what he was looking for on the right side of his large body. On the inside edge of the apron like armor, there is a pocket, digging in the pocket the man pulls out a couple large pieces of dried meat and quickly brings it to his round brown face. Large lips covered in black hair that spills into an unkempt beard, medium sized nose surrounded by cheek fat, black eyes that are almost buried by his chipmunk like cheeks. His wavy black hair is short and drenched in sweat.

*gasp* *Pac* *Puk* *gasp* *puk* *tsk*

Chewing as soon as the meat was close enough, and while out of breath from his latest kill. He wolfs down the dried meat in gross fashion. You would lose almost all sense of danger if you saw the disgusting way the man was eating. The two chunks of dried meat are gone within seconds.

*gulp* *gulp*

"Hahhhh…" The man breaths out as he uses his black blood covered hand to wipe his face, being unfazed by the dark liquid he reaches into the air with the same hand, “[INVENTORY]”, as he spoke those words the mans large empty hand disappeared into the air. Up til the middle of the man's forearm is no longer visible until he pulls his arm back revealing his hand again but this time holding a metal canteen. He quickly opens the cap and pours it onto his hand to wash off the blood before bringing the canteen to his mouth.

*GLUG* *GLUG*

“HAAAAHHHHH!” He moaned as he let the water spill over his face. Repeating the process he used to pull out the canteen, he replaced the canteen with a cloth he used to immediately wipe his hands, face, and the hilt of his sword. “Hmmm… Hmmm.. Hmmmm, always keep equipment grippable and equipable,” the man hummed to himself as he cleaned. Quickly putting the cloth away, he replaced it with more dried meat. He put a couple long pieces in his apron pocket and put another in his mouth, like a cigar, before kneeling down in a clumsy manner and pulling out a knife from the left side of his apron like armor. 

While sucking on the meat he presses the knife against the leathery skin of his slain foe’s shoulder, and begins to carve out a section with a raised tattoo in his skin.

*squi-squi-squi*

The sounds of rendering the flesh of the creature causes our would-be assailant to almost gag, causing him to remove the dried piece of meat for a moment as he turned his head to regain composure. After taking a few breaths he puts the meat back in his mouth. He gags one more before completion, but he holds himself together.

“Gotcha!” He said as he stood back up holding a small patch of skin, “[INVENTORY].” the man says as he makes the piece of skin disappear into the air. “Now I just gotta do the rest of them,” He said as he turned around to look at several other small creature corpses lying on the cavern floor. He shivers as he imagines the sounds he will have to hear soon, “UUUWAAHH….” He moaned as his body jiggled a little in disgust.

A few moments later with his dried piece of meat gone, and his kills all missing the same patch of skin from their shoulder, he cleans his knife and presses deeper into the cave. 

……………

………………….

…………………………..

The man had been called many names, but none were his. He was once part of a family, but those ties were cut when he came to this world. His identity and his beliefs were given up just so he could live a simple life, however simple-life is too simple in this world.

Meaning strength equaled status, power reflected position, and the people, judged if you were worthy of it. 

Have you ever become a God?

Have you ever hosted a God? 

Have you ever become a God?

These questions echoed in the mind of this man as he remembered all his faults and failures.

"Today," the man tried to stern his face, but his fat doesn't really allow it, "today we do better." He whispered to himself.

Without the need of a torch, because of the illumination flowers, all the man needs to focus on is keeping his steps silent. Each cavern was separated by small hallways and despite the creatures in the early parts of the cave, the rest of the cave seemed abandoned. 

"This doesn't seem right…. Where is the horde?"

He keeps his wits about him as he creeps deeper into the cavern. Unsheathing his sword when entering larger chambers, and putting his sword away when sneaking. There was nothing, only silence. The only sounds that can be heard as the minutes go by is….

*OOO'WOOOOAHH*

The sound of the man's stomach is so loud it almost echoes against the cave walls. As soon as the alarm-like stomach goes off, the man stuffs his mouth with more dried meat and replenishes his apron pocket.

*VOOMP*

 

An almost silent sound reverberated in the air, the only reason the large man heard it was because it was attached to a blast of force that pushed into him out of nowhere.

*VOOMP* *VOOMP*

Push after push hits the man and as he gets hit by these vibrations his body is almost unaffected, but it was his mind that was being assaulted.

"What!? What's going on!?"

The man panics because before his eyes, almost as if seeing it from a different view point, were memories, his memories. As if getting a viewpoint from the sky, looking down you can see a bright sunny day, with hundreds of people with exposed flesh all around. It was a beach, white sanded Beach with nice blue water. Directly below the man,, he sees himself as a child, drowning in that large blue ocean.

"Eh! Relax! If you scared li'dat you going sink!"

A voice he hadn't heard in years pops into.his mind. 

"Mom?"

The visions of a round brown boy bobbing up and down in the ocean like a buoy can be seen by the man as if he was looking at it from above. The waves keeps thrashing into the child as he flailed around trying to swim to a woman who was tall enough to stand in the water. The child trying to swim wasn't actually in any danger, but for a kid who can't swim, waist deep water for an adult felt like the end of the world. The waves were very gentle looking from the man's view point, but when he used to be that flailing child, those waves felt like his life was being threatened.

Looking down, the man can see the face of the child, because he was facing up to the sky trying to avoid water in his eyes and mouth, but the woman was looking down, so he could not see her. Her long wavy black hair was weight and was covering her entire back and reached into the waist deep water. She was wearing a shiny sapphire colored one piece bathing suit. The skin that could be seen was a dark brown.

"Mom…." The man tries to change his view point to see the woman, "MOM!", the words echo in his mind, as he tries to maneuver his mind to allow him to see her from a different angle. 

*VOOMP*

but every motion he tried to do, it felt like his mental self was being rocked by the vibrations. The man gets pushed back every time he tries to move in his mind, and he looks at the child again.

"They're just like those waves!" 

The man panics, but hoping for just a glimpse he looks down at the scene again, he sees the woman approach the boy and sticks her arms out, almost like she's trying to hug him. She stays just slightly out of his reach though.

"Come, come to mama."

The boy desperately fails trying to reach her hands, but she slowly backs away as he gets closer.

"Good, good." She said while trying to egg him on. "Now kick, gotta use da legs. Can, come on kick, kick, kick, kick." The boy stopped focusing on the waves and started flailing his feet under the water. It helps him get closer, but she keeps backing away from his reach. "See! See! You doing it! Now calm down an do big kicks. Come, come. Big kick." The boys movements slow down a little bit but now he's moving faster in the water so now the woman's back pedaling is noticeable.

"No! No! Mom is moving!" The child yelled in a panic, tears already started falling from his face as he almost starts to flail again. Not wanting to destroy the progress she stopped stepping back.

"Mama was playin' kay? Look all pau, just come mama an we all pau."

-explanation (Pau- Pronounced POW. Means done, finished, or over)

The boy went back to his better movements and swam to her. She did not move back this time, just like she said. Instead of reaching for her arms he rams right into her stomach and grips onto her like a monkey. With tears in his eyes he doesn't want to let go. She hugs him and pats him on the head.

"Awww, see you can do um. But yo faddah gonna get cracks. Fahken 'he's tree already, he needs to swim' making my baby cry." She looks down and lifts the boys chin from her belly so he can look at her, "want mama to give dad cracks?"

-explanation (Faddah is father…  Fahken, is just FUCKING pronounced in one of the local ways in Hawai'i…. A lot of people pronounce THREE the number, as TREE, can also be spelt as CHREE, but I felt you would be more confused…..GIVE CRACKS just means she is going to beat someone up, his dad being the one in this case.)

The boy just looked up and nodded.

Looking at that, the man calms down just like his mother told him all those years ago. He begins to imagine his arms and legs moving in unison and tries to move fluidly in the memory. As he calmed down he could feel the push and pull of the vibrations, almost as if it was the tide itself.

He got closer and closer, swimming in the air of the memory. Circling around and diving deeper, he finally reached the top of the woman's head.

*RUMBLE* *RUMBLE* 

"MOM!" The man called out as the vision faded, but it was too late. He was back in the cavern. He checks himself to make.sure he was alright, the only thing out of place were the tears falling from his eyes.

*sniffle* *KKKRRCCHH*

He blew his nose into his shirt sleeve. He stared at his snot on his arm for a second.

"The shirt's green already, it'll be fine."

After he snapped out of the memory as the cave shook, or what appeared to be the cave. He quickly begins to look around, just in case he triggered some type of mind trap that forced him to remember something from so long ago.

Seeing that the coast is clear he continues sneaking and eating until reaching a doorway. The door frame is bordered by an intricate filigree etched into the stone wall that glowed in a bright silver. The doorway didn't have a door, but that didn't mean it wasn't blocked. On closer inspection you could see that a translucent veil was cascading from the doorframe, making it look as if a thin layer of water blocked you from entry. The man slowly reached toward the liquid-like curtain but before his hand could reach…. 

*poomp*

A small sound as if someone turned off a lightswitch hit the man's ears and the silver design of the door frame dulled, and the curtain vanished. 

*shink*

"Be ready and at stance so you can quickly expect the unexpected."

He recited someone's words in his mind as he drew his short sword. He slowly crept into the doorway, ever so cautiously. Inside the new room, directly across from the entrance is a dead end, to the right however, the room led into a large descending stairway made of stone. It was not the stone of a cave though, for it looked as if it was chiseled out to perfection by some type of craftsmen, making the entire spectacle very un-cave like. Not showing any sense of surprise the man slowly traversed the stairs while creeping along one of the walls. 

*huff* *huff*

The staircase was not very long, but the man was still winded trying to carry his large body quietly down the steps. It seems that it was a great idea for him to train before taking this quest on, if not for the tiring month he put himself through, he may just have died on the journey to the cave itself.

At the bottom of the stairs was a double ebony-door, surrounded by the same filigree as the previous doorway, however this filigree was also dimmed, so it must be shut off. A large hand reaches for one of the large golden knockers on the ebony colored door. He steels himself and calms his breathing before entering.

"This has to be the main chambers, but," The man looked around and noticed there was no one around, "this was too easy." He put one more piece of dried meat in his mouth using the hand holding the sword, almost cutting himself in the process, and then he pulled on the door.

*creeeeeeek*

Revealing the inner chamber.

"I don't like this…"

7