Chapter-9: His Family (2)
1.1k 8 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lucas, using the first-cycle is already reaching your limit. Even though your capability of using healing magic is huge, you shouldn't perform this. You only did some self-study and activated third-cycle magic? That means you are crazy! You know how dangerous it is Lucas!"

"I know, big sis.... It is almost a hundred times that you told me this. I understand.." Lucas cracked a smile. Since he woke up, his sister and brother had been lecturing him non-stop. He knew that it was because they were worried for him so he agreed to whatever they said to relax their anxiety.

"If you understand, don't do it again. It was a careless move. You don't know how much you made us worry." Edwin added, still being a bit angry about his brother's carelessness.

Lucas also knew that it was stupid. At that time, there was no guarantee that Ryosuke would die immediately. He should not have healed him completely and just ensured him to a state where he was not in danger anymore. At that moment, Lucas was so occupied with the thoughts of someone being dead and his mind just believed that Ryosuke would die. He should have made a proper calculation of how much magic help that the patient needs. If it went on like that, he might really die some day.

"By the way, what happened to the boy I saved?" Lucas asked. Thinking about what he had read around 8 years ago, Lucas guessed that Ryosuke might be taken to the king, and would live in the church after the high priest claimed him to be someone worthy of the title "hero" because of his mana attribute. But he just asked to be sure.

The priests mostly had mana type which could scan someone's mana like what kind of magic one could use. All the babies of one year old had to go to a church and let themselves be inspected by a priest to know their mana type. Lucas also did have to go to the church where the head priestess checked his mana type.

'Even father was surprised to know my mana type.' He still could not forget what kind of reactions he got after they knew had healing magic like his mother.

"I don't know. Father took him to the palace but he came back without him. He didn't inform us of anything, though. And we also forgot to ask him as we are occupied with you." Edwin answered.

"Now that I think about it, there must be something going on with him. His name was Ryosuke, right?" Maria said, replied by Edwin with a nod.

"Oh, I see.... and when are you guys going back to the academy?"

Edwin and Maria were final year students in the Royal Academy and they got their holidays for 1 week for the Lucian festival. So if Lucas's calculation was right, their holiday was over for around 2 days ago. They should be in their dorms now.

"We extend our break a bit with the excuse of helping father to organize our territory back. It is a good practical experience for a student, right? So the principal allowed us to." Edwin grinned and answered with a peace sign.

"We were waiting for you to wake up. Father said immediately follow him back to Evandall again after you are awake so that the break is not in vain." Maria added.

"Ahhh, I see." Lucas nodded. "Sorry to make you guys worried." His voice really did sound apologetic.

"No problem, dear. Just don't do it again. And also make sure that you have enough rest." Maria patted Lucas's head while Edwin agreed with what Maria had said.

'They are sooooo preciousssss' was what Lucas thought while smiling. He felt really happy to be cared for and doted on, also thinking that it was not also bad to be a little brother for once as he was the older one in his previous life.

"Then, we are going now, Lucas. We had some work to do." Maria stood up and kissed Lucas's forehead, telling him to rest.

"If you need something, tell Alisa immediately. You can also call us any time, little brother." Edwin also patted Lucas's shoulder and left together with Maria.

'They looked like mother and father... haha' Lucas also cracked a small laugh with his thoughts. Alisa came into the room asking Lucas if he needed something but Lucas just made her leave the room, telling her that he was tired and he wanted to take a nap and not to disturbed him which Alisa obeyed him and left.

'Now, it's time to give some work to my head' Lucas exhaled and prepared himself to recall that 8 years old memory.

He then sat on a chair and brought out a paper, trying to write all the things he remembered from the novel with a quill pen. He spent a few minutes thinking about the starting point of the novel and how the novel ended, which made him curse at himself several times along the way for not reading the novel thoroughly. 'Way Back Home' was not his favorite one, after all.

'Firstly, Ryosuke was summoned here out of nowhere, met with a devil wave which is also Dark Wave that came to get rid of his life, saved by a girl named Maria, after that got sent to the palace where the high priest examined him and notify him that he was compatible with every mana types and was the hero sent by Lucian to defeat the devil lord.' Lucas wrote notes of them.

'What is his age again? 14? Never mind. Next is....' He continued to think. "I guess he was trained by some teachers to understand the basics of this world and his magic before he got sent to....... oh, yes.... the academy!" Lucas murmured to himself, being glad that he could remember things.

'I think there was also the part where the main character was bullied in the novel...... Why would he get bullied? Ah, and also there is a part where the female lead died. I even cursed at the author for killing so many people to just make the protagonist suffer....' Lucas sighed. He just remembered that even the start of the novel started with the death of Maria.

'Speaking of Maria.....' Lucas tried to concentrate more to get more information which made him twitch his eyebrow as he remembered a certain villain.

'Edwin Evandall, the one who despised Ryosuke so much that he gave many troubles in the development of him. He blamed Ryosuke for Maria's death, claiming that he killed the other half of his soul. I think he even got to the demon's side and plotted the downfall of the world but only to be killed by Ryosuke later.'

Lucas felt depressed and sorrowful just by thinking that. 'Like father, like son. They also can't be blamed either. Losing one's most beloved might be worse than death for some people.'

'Wait... is there a character named Lucas in the novel?' No matter how Lucas thought he couldn't remember someone named Lucas in the novel but he just let it off because the story focused on Ryosuke not on Edwin so his family might not be described well.

'So I transmigrated as an extra?' Lucas asked himself. 'Not really an extra, though.... as this world is not originally a novel.' He was busy with thinking and mending his thoughts.

It took him over 2 hours of thinking to be able to draw out every information he had for this world. He praised himself for getting a grip of rough information about the novel but at the same time he was not satisfied with not being able to get exact information. He also felt like he was forgetting some arcs. It was already near the dinner time and he decided to stop his thinking for now when he heard a knock on his door. It must be Alisa coming to him to remind for dinner.

----------------------------------------------

5 days had passed and now Lucas made a full recovery. He did feel as tired as usual and he could also eat well. Everything was ok again. He missed Edwin and Maria as they went back to Evandall for their practical experience and so he was alone in the mansion in the capital. He didn't go back to Evandall because he wanted to stroll around the capital if possible.

It was time to have dinner and as usual Alisa came into his room and reminded him. She seemed to be a little cheerful today and even urged Lucas to come down to the dining hall for dinner. Well, Lucas also felt a little bit gloomy to have his meals in his room all the time which was the reason why he agreed without protests.

As soon as he entered the dining hall, he couldn't believe his eyes for what they were seeing. The hall was decorated like they were having an occasion. The flower pots were also filled with various types of purple flowers, especially lavender which was his favorite. The table was also filled with a wide variety of food like they were having a feast. The most unexpected thing was his whole family was also there while they should be in Evandall for his work.

"Lucas, what are you waiting for? Come and sit." Edwin waved his hand, calling for Lucas.

He sat near Edwin, which was his usual. And he asked his family members if they had something to celebrate and why they were here.

"Our precious little brother had made full recovery so was it not something to celebrate?" Edwin grinned.

"And are you forgetting about your past birthday? We didn't get to celebrate it so we prepared it now!" Maria, telling him in a blissful manner.

"Happy Birthday Lucas!" Both Edwin and Maria smiled and wished him together earnestly like they always did in every of his past birthdays.

Cassius was not saying anything but Edwin was giving him signals to start talking.

"Happy Birthday Lucas." Cassius looked at Lucas.

Lucas couldn't believe his ears that he would someday hear this wish from his cold father who seemed to hate him. His father's sound was awkward and his voice was like an ice as usual. But it seemed that he was sincere in wishing him which made Lucas feel overjoyed and pleased. He really did want to hear that from his father.

"Now the present time!" Edwin smashed the awkward atmosphere created by his father. "Here Lucas, open it!" Edwin handed him a gift box which was a bit long.

Lucas opened it and found that it was a small beautiful wand, with a clear mana stone on top and it seemed like it was crafted for Lucas's hand length. These wands were used by people with magic types which were not for fighting with weapons. For example, people like Lucas. The mana stone on top helped the magic wielders to boost their mana power to a certain extent.

"Thank you brother! I really love it." Lucas, of course, thanked Edwin earnestly because these wands were really rare and expensive because of its mana stone. Edwin also appeared to be overjoyed by Lucas's response.

"Well, next is the gift from me!" Maria handed him a box with the size of a palm.  Her gift was a silver ring with a small crystal like purple mana stone. "This helps one to know the limit of his mana and the stone will turn black if one exceeds his limit. You should wear it, dear so that you don't do mistakes like before." She explained to him.

"Thank you, big sis!" Lucas showed her a response of a child who was feeling cheerful for getting precious gifts to make Maria feel satisfied. Actually he was really glad but he just overreacted a bit for them. Both gifts must have definitely cost them a lot because of the involvement of mana stones.

Lucas glanced at his father, thinking that he would also get a present for him. It was the first time that Cassius celebrated his birthday so he just wondered if he would prepare.

Like he had expected, Cassius did prepare a present for him. With his signature, his butler brought something to Lucas and handed it to him.

It was a sword suitable for Lucas's height. The weight was also very light and he could see a fine blade when he unsheathed the sword from its scabbard. With one glance, even Lucas could tell it was also an expensive and precious one.

"You should learn how to use a sword at least. It may help you in the future if you can protect yourself at least." Cassius said, looking at Lucas. It was the first time that Lucas heard this amount of words from Cassius. The joy he felt really indicated how much he had wanted this.

"Thank you, father. I will learn swordsmanship." Lucas smiled and his father just nodded. They started the dinner after the present-time. With Edwin and Maria caring for him and his father finally paying some attention to him, Lucas felt that his eighth birthday was as perfect as ever.

And somehow the dinner also seemed to be more delicious than any other meals he had in his seven years of life here.

39