Chapter-21: The Banquet (1)
636 9 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alisa, are you not done yet.....?" Lucas was getting drained, wanting to know why Alisa was putting so much effort for his appearance.

"No, Young Master Lucas! Please be patient! I will make you shine the most!" The more earnest Alisa had become, the more hopelessness that Lucas got.

'I know that girls take a lot of time when preparing.....' Lucas had no power to stop the enthusiastic Alisa. Rather, he was reluctant to do that.

Lucas was really looking forward to the banquet as this would be his first time going to such an occasion and he was going to enjoy the party which only existed in the imagination world in his past life. He really was counting down the days but he didn't brace himself for Alisa and other maids' ideas for the preparations to go to the banquet.

'First of all,.... WHY DO I HAVE TO THROUGH THE SKIN CARING PROCESS!?' Lucas wanted to cry in agony. He never expected that it would take more than hours with this process and he thought it would be just for girls. He once felt sorry for some female leads in the novels to take such an immense process of skin care, hair styles, make up and heavy gowns but he never thought he would be the one suffering here.

"Oh my goodness, you are so good looking in this!" Alisa and her maids company had twinkling eyes in unison after dressing up Lucas as they were done with skin care and hair style.

Lucas's skin which was originally soft and pale looking now became a fresh and mild one which really suited his crystal blue eyes. Moreover his looks gave the vibes of a sincere energy when combined with his silver hair. In addition, the white undershirt with a deep blue ribbon string in the collar, fitting white pants and the long linen column coat with which reached to his kneel, in the same color as the ribbon, and decorated with a purple brooch in which the symbol of his family was embedded doubled up the handsomeness of Lucas. Of course, the clothes were really a perfect fit to him as it was made by one of the top tailors in the kingdom.

Lucas also admired himself when he looked in the mirror, praising the hard work of the maids and the tailors also, even though it was tiresome. He really looked like a little adult after his preparation. One thing was that no matter how he dressed up, he still looked so feminine as he inherited most of the genes from Stacia.

'I think the tiresomeness finally paid off....' Lucas smiled a bit, which seemed like a cute innocent child, enjoying his looks and cuteness in the eyes of the maids, making them squeeze out fan-girling noise like 'kyaaa~~~'

<Knock Knock>

"Lucas, are you done?" Edwin and Ryosuke came into the room both attire were mostly in black except that Edwin's coat was a long one while that of Ryosuke was a tail tuxedo. Although their clothes were simple and much darker than that of Lucas, they really suited them, making them look like mysterious dark knights. They still had some cold and awkward atmosphere between them, though which made Lucas decide that he should put in some effort in revamping the relationship between this villain and hero duo.

"Why are you so cute!!?" Edwin, as usual, immediately ran to Lucas, wanting to pull his soft cheeks and cuddle him tight, only to be stopped by Alisa by telling him that it might wrinkle the clothes and destroy the beautiful look of Lucas. Of course, Edwin didn't want that so he just controlled himself,... barely.

"Maria definitely will be envious when I brag about your looks!" Somehow a devilish aura revolved around Edwin as he stated.

"Don't be mean to her too much, brother....."

'I wonder if he really has grown up..... As far as I see, his behavior is always the same as young....' Lucas was worried that Edwin and Maria were going to quarrel as usual over small matters and he also felt sorry for Maria as she couldn't participate because of a school project that she was leading. Basically, she couldn't take a break or leave the academy.

Ryosuke was also having some twinkling eyes, saying how Lucas was overloading the cuteness and how he would be so attractive as he grew up, being agreed by everyone in the room while Lucas just wanted to hide in a corner from embarrassment from such compliments.

A luxurious carriage, which could hold at least 5 people comfortably awaited the noble trio, together with Carl and Leo who would be serving them as guards for the banquet.

Lucas could not handle it anymore and went into the carriage in a rush after getting more compliments from the two guards. 'Seriously, is it their first time seeing a good looking kid?' Lucas couldn't help but to wonder, not realizing that it was first for them to see someone as cute and femine as Lucas in the Evandall Household as Edwin and Maria both gave off a sharp and untouchable scary vibe since they were young.

After enduring all the looks from everyone around Lucas, they finally arrived at the palace hall where the banquet would be held. They had to go through the procedures of giving their invitation letters in the entrance of the palace and again being announced by their names by a doorman as they entered the ballroom, making everyone gaze fall upon them for a moment. Unfortunately, Carl and Leo had to wait outside as every guard did.

Lucas could only say 'Wow' as he entered the atrium. The spacious room, with reflecting white marble floor, walls in a graceful pale yellow color where tall glass windows with golden panes and beautiful curtains were embedded and the huge chandeliers hanging from the baroque ceiling were too much for Lucas to take in as he felt like he was almost slip from over-gazing. Lucas was always crazed over historical building architectures in the past and he didn't realize he needed to see this until now. Evandall mansion was beautiful indeed but this atrium was on another level.

There were also attendees both men and women, in suits and gowns, filling the ballroom and many of them started to circle around Edwin, Lucas and Ryosuke as they entered the room, while half of them bragging about Lucas as it was a bit rare for a 7 year old kid to join in the prince's banquet, some of them asking who Ryosuke was and some were just gathering for some socialization.

'Sorry, brother Edwin... I will pay you back when the time comes.....'

Lucas, who knew that the troubling parts were coming, immediately dragged Ryosuke away, leaving Edwin alone in the crowd, knowing that Edwin could handle this at least.... Probably. And he also had the duty of looking for Stella for his dear protagonist. He couldn't be caught up in the crowd.

After a few moments, Prince Eldric gave out his speech for the opening of the banquet, telling all the people to enjoy the day to the fullest. By the end of the speech, it was already a bit dark outside and thus the room was instantly lightened brighter with candle lights all over the room, making the atmosphere warm and dreamy.

"Lady Stella is as beautiful as always, isn't she?"

As soon as Lucas heard the word 'Stella', he instantly looked where the man was gazing. And with one glance, Lucas immediately knew that she was the original female lead.

A young girl whose hair and eyes were in violet color, wearing a very pale purple gown with many layers and frills. Her wavy hair was half tied with braids and decorated with small diamond accessories that made her look graceful and elegant. She really was beautiful but there was one thing that was hindering her perfect beauty.

'Why is she frowning?' After his thought, Lucas immediately knew the answers.

'She must be annoyed because of all those men, pursuing her for the dance....'

When Lucas looked up at Ryosuke, it seemed that Ryosuke also noticed Stella because he was staring at her like he was lost in thoughts which almost made Lucas think like 'Oh my god!? Is that really that first to fall in love? Maybe, should I give a little push?'

"Brother Ryo, stand there." Lucas indicated a spot near the corner where Stella was standing. "Stand there until the first dance is over."

In the novel, it was Stella who asked for the dance first because she didn't want to get pursued anymore and she found Ryosuke who was not from any of the noble houses, which was strange indeed but she just decided to dance with him in order to shut the others up. So as long as Ryosuke was staying where Stella could see, the problem was solved!

"Eh, Lucas? Wait.... Why?"

"Just go and stand there, brother!"

After some pushings from Lucas, Ryosuke followed it as he was also wanting to get a closer look at Stella.

'Thank me later, brother Ryo.' Lucas, now satisfied with his actions, noted that the job of the delivery man Lucas was now over so he could just sit back and watch the show when the first dance came.

"Who is that child?"

"Isn't he so cute?"

"He is the youngest son of Duke Evandall. His name is Lucas, as far as I remember."

"Why is he alone?"

Everywhere Lucas went, he was surrounded by such remarks which made him really uncomfortable. 'Before they come to talk to me, I have to escape here as soon as I can...'

Finally he found the terrace which was at the back of the ballroom. Luckily there was no one there as everyone else was enjoying the party because it was still at the start. The moon was shining brightly, enlightening the attractive scenery of the garden which could be seen from the terrace.

'Such a nice breeze.....' Lucas enjoyed the tranquil atmosphere and since the entrance to the spacious terrace was covered with large curtains, no one could see he was there, too. He thought it was such a great place to sneak out from the party until he saw one boy who was in a graceful attire with a half red robe covering his half of the back. Lucas almost jumped out from fright since he didn't see anyone when he came first.

The boy also seemed to be enjoying the nice breeze until he finally realized Lucas, the newcomer, and Lucas realized the boy with such golden hair, tied with a red string and deep reddish brown eyes was none other than Price Eldric.

"Ah.... Your Highness, nice to see you there....?" Of course, Lucas would have to greet him since it would be very rude to ignore the prince when the other party realized Lucas was there.

'My peaceful time here won't be ruined, isn't it.....? By the way, why is he walking this way!?'

Lucas made a bow while greeting Price Eldric, who was coming at him slowly with a gentle look. Lucas also, in return, gave back a cute innocent smile while he was crying or internally screaming in his head. 'Oh my god....'


A/N: Finallyyyyyyy!!! Getting passed through chapter-20!!!

31