CHAPTER 5: Teacher
308 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's go " I told my friend and he was still wearing Monk Vest. Of Course, he was wearing a new Monk Vest even though the design was the same. Monk Vest had pockets both outside and inside. 

"You changed the robe. Tomorrow, we have a lecture. Did you forget that? " Cai told me with a laugh as I facepalmed. He said with a slightly worried tone because the punishments were always harsh. 

"I forgot that. Sigh, I need to be careful not to dirty this robe " I muttered with a laugh. I only had one robe and Teacher Monk would give me punishment if he found dirt on this robe or I was not wearing the robe. It was like an ethic to wear a proper robe when we went to lectures or events. There were a lot of strict rules like we needed to wear robes if we went to almost every place. We could wear vests only on free time.

"I am planning to buy another robe so I might check it out, Today," I said as we both walked at a pretty fast pace. We needed to go to our master's courtyard after this. The time was already lunchtime and the cold wind blew to me, I could feel the cold wind pretty much because my robe only covered half of my body. It was a pain in the ass to wear in formal and it took the time, also the formal style pretty much restricted the moments.

"Cold "I muttered as I was not wearing the vest inside the robe so I could feel the cold wind very well.

"Hurry up " I started to run as he followed behind me and it took us half an hour to reach the canteen. It was the very big building which was made with the woods and the top had a wooden pagoda. The building was built very neatly and the design was quite good. It gave a proper and normal vibe. The building had quite remarkable architecture and design. Monks were going in and out and the place was pretty much busy. 

We entered into the building and we went to the line to get our meal. The menus were fixed but I could ask more if I wanted. 

"Ray, Give me your Sect Token. "  Cai said me as I took out my wooden token that registered my name and my serial number, my monk name. Yep, we had our own monk name and it was like a code name. We didn't use that name very frequently because it was a very long name. Only used on important ceremonies and big events.

" Here, Monk Ray and Monk Cai. " the monk took out bowls which filled with the foods and we had our only specific bowl. 

It was made with wood and we only used it for eating so we stored them at the canteen. We just needed to show our Sect token and the monks stationed at the canteen would give the bowls. 

"Thank you, May the Buddha will guide your way, "We said at the same time with the folded hands, we also bowed slightly.  

The monk that gave us bowls, also replied to us in the same manner. After that, we took back our token. The lunch was mostly vegetables and beans. It was already filled in the bowl.

  

"Vegetable, huh? I prefer meals though. " Cai said with a sigh. The Sect had no particular law against eating expect some moral rules and some common sense.

" Just eat. " I told him and I went to the place to wash my hand. This world had soap so I didn't need to worry about a lot of things. I sat down on the bench and I started to eat lunch with my hand. I was used to eating with my hands when I was young so it was not pretty much big deal. Besides, I also ate pizza with my hands.

Cai sat beside me after he washed his hands and we ate lunch very quickly.

After that, we went to the master's place which was located at the top of the mountain. We took an hour to reach there. The Sect was pretty big so we needed to care not to lose the way.

"You guys are late. " We heard the voice from the hut. The place looked pretty much old and poor. The courtyard was pretty wide and the place looked very a good place to stay in peace.  The views were much more breathtaking and the place was free from the noise.

"Sorry master, " We both folded and bowed our heads , said with the apologized tone.

" Come in " Our master said and we entered the courtyard that covered the wooden fence . The door was only around our shoulders and it was made with straw. There was no decoration or wealth to show off. Just a simple life.

We entered into the hut and the inside was also very simple. There were no gorgeous or shiny things. Most of the furniture was made with the woods.

"Sit. From today onward, you both are going to start the Cultivation path " Master dropped the bomb before we were going to sit on the straw.

-----------

check my patreon for Advanced chapters - Patreon.com/Lazysloth10

7