Chapter 26: Thoughts
153 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I couldn't move during my previous battle because I was poisoned. I was using my breaths to delay the poison flowing through my bloodstream. A boy who nearly died tried to save me, I recalled some of my memories. I got angry and lost complete control of my emotions. I think my heartbeat went over 200bpm and my body went over 39 degrees." said Muichiro.

"But you can move in that condition? That would've been life threatening." said Shinobu.

"Well that's why I think that can be used as a screening test. Will you die or will you not? I think there's a difference for those who've awakened their marks." said Muchiro.

"Yeah, everything around me became slower. Although I was hot, I was also cold, and my heartbeat slowed below average." I said.

"Two different effects, there's probably a difference between people with different breaths." said Amane.

"Tch. So it's that simple huh?" said Sanemi.

"I envy those simpletons who can say this is simple." said Giyu.

"Truly." I replied to Giyu.

"What?" asked Sanemi.

""Nothing."" Giyu and I both replied.

The meeting went on with priorities of obtaining the mark, those who obtain the mark must participate in the battle against Muzan. Somehow Giyu started something when he tried to leave but Gyomei stopped him.

I left not wanting to participate in any of this. If I missed out on something important, I'll be informed after all.

I went onto the roof of the butterfly estate and thought of the words Shinobu once said,

a way for demons and humans to live peacefully together.

Demons eat humans to stay alive, therefore this was theoretically impossible unless someone can develop a cure for it. Just like Nezuko, she can live without eating humans.

Tamayo-san might be able to come up with something but there's only little hope everything would work.

I started thinking about the future.

What if we fail to defeat Muzan? Would demons start taking over the world? This was now allowed to happen, after all, humanity still needs us to protect them. Even though we aren't recognized by it we have to do it.

What if we defeat Muzan? What would the future hold for us? I wondered about that. Would I be able to live peacefully? Humanity would soon evolve to the next era and new things were to appear. If demons were to appear, demon slayers would definitely appear.

The future, I wonder what will happen.

4