Chapter 35: Muzan II
167 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was repeating my forms, focusing on killing this man, nothing else mattered to me.

I was subconsciously paying attention to my surroundings making my movements more precise, not wasting anything unnecessary.

A fast and powerful was coming, Tanjiro and Iguro are fine for now. 

There were multiple red slashes coming but was easily deflected.

[...Blessing of the Blackened Ice!]

I was able to make a diagonal slash across his chest along with cutting one of his hearts.

Everyone's attacks had weakened Muzan, in my eyes, he was slowly aging yet he was still this strong.

The aging must be Tamayo's poison, I thank you for helping us Tamayo.

After the attacks of Tanjiro and I's, scars and old wounds started appearing on his body.

Then the story of Yoriichi entered my mind, he must be leading us.

These were his weak spots, we needed to constantly attack those spots.

"45 minutes until dawn!" said the kasugai.

We needed to last until the 45 minutes.

[...Frozen Love!]

Before my attack could hit, he suddenly disappeared.

"He's running away!" I yelled.

Tanjiro repeated what he said to Iguro and we ran after him.

I wasn't surprised, he wasn't someone who acts on his emotions, he was someone who prioritizes his life. And now that dawn is near, eh wouldn't hesitate to run. 

Doubts started entering my mind but I quickly pushed them away.

I would never forgive myself if I let him run away, with that tbought.

I grew determined and ran even faster ignoring the pain of my legs.

Swords flew past my head and attacked Muzan, Tanjiro was trying to slow him down.

[..Frozen Love!]

I pushed my legs to the limits and appeared behind Muzan. I didn't aim for his neck, instead I aimed for his legs, there was Tanjiro and Iguro who has a seal on his face who could help me kill him.

Right after I cut off one of his legs, he started stumbling and used his tentacles for support.

"Don't let him get away! Trap him!" I yelled.

"35 minutes until dawn!" said the kasugai crow.

Right after the crow said that, Muzan's body started growing.

I saw what he was doing.

"He's trying to split apart! He's going to escape by splitting into tiny pieces!" I yelled

How persistent can you get Muzan?

Can you just die and repay for all the lives you've taken?

Even if you go to hell, you're sins won't be forgiven even by the devil himself.

Suddenly he stopped, he couldn't split apart, and blood was coming out of his mouth.

"Tanjiro! Don't hesitate! This is our chance!" I yelled.

BANG! 

A loud sound enveloped and sent Tanjiro flying back.

I was able to defend against the small attacks but Tanjiro was unlucky.

"Just focus on staying alive Tanjiro." I said.

Inosuke and Zenitsu had arrived, the other pillars that was still alive started to get up again.

[...Mince and Bits!]

[...ThunderClap Flash!]

[...Snow in the Blizzard!]

We kept unleashing our forms, never stopping until one of us dropped or until Muzan was dead. 

Everything was hurting, it was getting harder and harder to breath.

Before I even realized it, a shockwave attack was coming towards me. I was trying to move but I couldn't. Before it hit me, Tanjiro's figure appeared and deflected it.

"Are you okay Tokan-san?" asked Tanjiro.

"Yes, I'm fine now." I replied.

I used my blade's help to get up, I could probably use a few more forms, and I would drop. 

They all released their attacks and Tanjiro had pinned Muzan against the wall.

They did it, they got him. But Tanjiro couldn't release anymore attacks, his muscles were messed up. 

The other hashira's were coming, I had a feeling they couldn't kill him.

I needed to move, I didn't want them to sacrifice themselves, nobody should die for this pathetic demon.

Strength entered my body, the world slowed down.

I knew after using this, I would probably be never be able to move. Though it was worth it, I could save their lives, why would I even hesitate?

[Frost Breathing, Tenth Form! Frozen Love!]

Before Mitsuri could get attacked, before Iguro would get devoured, before Tanjiro would get injured.

Before Muzan would start to grow, I was seeing tons of futures without using it. I was grateful though, I could save them. 

In an instant, I appeared in the middle of them and cut off Muzan's head.

Though one of the futures went wrong, after cutting off his head. A shockwave appeared and his body started to swell. It sent everyone flying back and I was getting sucked in.

My entire arm was soon going to be sucked in but I was pulled back by someone. 

"Shinobu." I muttered.

"Tokan, stay alive." said Shinobu.

I couldn't hear anything, darkness was slowly entering my vision.

"Wake up Tokan!"

"...Wake up Tokan!"

 

7