Volume 1: Chapter 3: Accepting
187 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the commotion, Lily awokens up in her room. 

She was slightly surprised as she was outside before, unknown to what had just happened to her.

Seconds  later, the door opened. 

Lilac ran and embraced  her daughter. She let out a sad cry and Lily patted her mother's back. 

"Mother...What's wrong?" Lily asked as she continued  to pat her mother. 

"Lily...You suddenly collapsed!" Lilac's  tune was sad and worried. Who wouldn't be worried  when their daughter suddenly  felt ill.

"I collapsed?" Lily asked. She had no memory after she bid goodbye to Meru. 

"Yes you collapsed. No , to be more specific.. You fainted. " Lilac  let go of Lily  as she looked at her.

"How can that be?" Lily looked  at her hands and tried to remember what had happened. But then suddenly the black part in her leg suddenly ached again. 

"Argh!!" Lily screamed in pain. 

"Lily what's wrong!??" Lilac panicked as she searched  for the reason of pain in Lily's body. Just as she was searching, she saw the black spot that was continuously growing.

"Lily this..." Lilac  was shocked.

"Mom! Help!" Lily couldnt take it anymore and she held her leg trying to get rid of the pain. 

"Lilac what's wrong with Lily!?" Spoke a man in his Thirties. The man had dark blue hair and Light blue eyes. That was Leon, Lilac's husband and Lily's father. He rushed home when his friends told him about what had happened at home. 

"Leon! Lily suddenly screamed In pain and I saw this dark spot in her leg growing! This must be the cause of her fainting Three days ago!"  Lilac cried as she closed her eyes. 

She wondered why this was happening. Why was this happening to Lily when Meru was gone. Who made her like this..

"A black spot growing?" The doctor earlier came inside the room. He shifted his gaze to the growing black spot and had a conclusion.

"The Black spot is eating her body." He spoke in a low voice but Lilac and Leon  could hear it. 

Lilac froze and she looked at the doctor full of plea. 

"Doctor Aron, please save my daughter!" she cried  out and wanted  to beg in her knees. But before she could do that, her husband embraced her and didn't want to let her go. 

"There were similar symptoms like this in the pasts, and all those who had them did not live too long." Doctor Aron looked down. He was not a healer, but he was skilled in Medicines. But this sickness was not known, in the pasts, there were only two of the records. 

"Die?" Lily had got control of the pain in her leg. And as she looked above, she heared what the doctor said. 

She was only Twelve this year. She was a waste in magic and now she was going to die?

Instead of crying loudly, Lily turned  to her parents. It was nice to meet her father once again. 

"Why are you all sad?" Lily asked as she made a smile. 

Both her parents and the doctor looked at her with confusion.  

"Lily we.." Leon wanted to speak with his daughter but before he could continue, Lily spoke again; 

"I'm not dead yet. Why don't we enjoy my remaining life?" Lily turned her head to look at the window. It was by chance that the sun had set in the timing. 

She had forgotten about the pain in her leg. The pain on having your dreams shattered. All she had in her heart was to enjoy the remaining time she had left. 

And slowly, two years  had passed by.  Lily's body was now in the verge of turning completely black. 

All that remained was her head and neck. There were no trouble in moving her body, it was that  the pain increased. 

She stayed in her room most of the time, and sometime she goes out to walk. 

Nobody in the town was disgusted  and afraid  of her look, they wished that Lily would never die. 

When the first  time they heared about Lily's  sickness , they were surprised. But after taking everything slowly, they learnt to accept it. 

Leon did not return to the capital, he decided to stay and look after his family. He had aged 10 years older after he found out 2 years before that Lily would die. 

7