Volume 1: Chapter 2: Strange Black spot
195 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was already night. Most of the kids returned happy, but Lily was not. 

On the table, she slowly swallowed the food that was given  to her. Lilac couldnt help but feel sad for her daughter. 

She knew Lily  had always dreamt of being a mage, but...she couldn't escape from her fate. 

"I'm done." Lily placed down the spoon and left the table. 

"Lily.." Meru  spoke out as he watched Lily walk away to her room. 

"Aunt.." Meru added as he looked at lilac who was  in a daze. 

"We can't do anything about it Meru. It was her fate, she has to accept it."   Lilac  reached out for the empty bowl that was used by Lily and washed them. 

"I.." He couldnt reply.

----

Lily wrapped herself in the blanket at took out her secret book. She  took out a pen and wrote  what had happend. 

"I was told I was a waste. My dream of becoming a mage could be only a dream till now." 

Upon writing, she  kept on weeping. Leaving trails of tears on the paper. 

What could she do?

She turned off the lights and closed her book. She turned to her pillow and slept weeping.  

In the morning... Lily woke up very late. Her eyes were  red and  suddenly she felt her body aching. What had happened? 

When she tried to get off, there was a part of her body that was very black that covered four meters of her skin. It didn't hurt when touched but it surely look disgusting. 

She slowly got off and went to take a bath, even after taking a bath, the dark part didn't disappear. She  couldn't do anything about it and didn't  complain.

As she stated outside of the window in her room, she remembers that the chosen  kids would go to the capital today. 

This is her last moment with Meru and Bree, she shouldn't act like a baby and not talk to them. 

---

Wearing a rather long dress, Lily's hair flew down on her back. Her blueish hair was one of a kind. Accompanied with her pink eyes. 

Outside, Meru stood still as he carried a bag on his back. Aunt Lilac had already set him and had kept on warning Meru  about the dangers on the capital. 

Just as he was about to go, a voice interrupted him.

"Meru...I.."  Lily spoke as she held Meru' s hand. 

"Good luck. And take care."               She shouldn't be envious of them, she should be proud. 

Meru froze. Tears started to fell on his cheeks. He and Lily would seperate today. He thought she would not come out and greet him goodbye, but he was wrong. 

The two smiled at each other and Meru had walked to the carriages  and the rest of the kids were now far away.

'I swore I'll protect Lily when I become a great hero.' Meru thought to himself. 

Watching  the carriage disappear.  Most families  felt melancholic  when their kids had gone to the capital.  

Lilac watched her daughter and was surprised she didn't cry when Meru was away. 

"Lily.." Lilac went closer to her  daughter. As she was about to go even close, Lily turned around with a sad smile. If it for crying all night, Lily would have cried her heart out right now. 

Then suddenly, Lily's view became blurred.  She felt dizzy  and was all wobbly. Furthermore, the dark part in her skin throbbed and pain was felt. So any second after, she fainted. 

"Lily!" Lilac screamed. She ran and held Lily in her embrace. Her scream attracted the people around them and they run towards her to know what happened. 

"What's wrong Lilac?" Miranda, a neighbor asked her. She soon shifted her gaze to the fainted Lily in her arms. 

"I don't know! Lily suddenly  fainted! Are there any doctors around!" Lilac panicked. 

"I'm a doctor!" A man in his forties replied. He went close to Lily and checked her condition. 

While  checking, his brows collided. It was mysterious, he doesn't know what had happened to the girl.

"We need to let her  rest in bed. Maybe sooner or later, she will be awake." The doctor took his hand away and told Lilac  what she should do.


7