Volume 1: Chapter 7: Hunger and danger
173 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moon can no longer be seen, and clouds that brought snow had appeared. It was snowing non-stop that you could expect a blizzard. 

The forest was silent but there were cries of a girl. The girl kept on collapsing but she still  stood up regaining her strength. Her dark blue hair had scattered on the snowy path, her smooth jade like skin could be almost be mistaken for ice.  

It was strange to see a lonely girl alone on the cold, she even wore a sleeveless dress and was barefooted on the snow. The reason of her collapse was her empty stomach. She has not eaten after she had awoken, and it was hard to find food during  the winter. 

Just as she had stood up, she stumbled upon grassy vegetables and it lighted her up. With no hesitation, she grabbed them all and carefully cleaned them. When she saw one leaf was eaten by worms, she only teared it apart and threw that part. After cleaning the leafy vegetables, she slowly ate them little by little. The vegetable was cold and it tasted really good. Despite raw, it was very delicious. 

Her rumbling stomach soon became quiet and a smile appeared on her face. She didn't walk away but stayed in that spot, she took out more of the leafy vegetables and brought it with her. It felt like she was buying ingredients, because  every time she saw a plant , she takes them away. 

After she had taken all of the plants and preserved it to be her dinner, and speaking of dinner, it was already night. It was dim and there was no stars, the forest was especially dark. 

Lily wasn't afraid of the dark but it was scary to be in the forest. She could hear the sounds of those night-creatures and she was almost  bitten by one. 

The one who attacked her but missed was a bat, it had blood red eyes and it was colored white, it was a case of albinoism and a rare mutation akin  to a dragon. It had scales and it's  wings were very hard, she often heard that it was hard to injure one even more less than kill one.

She didn't  have time to think, the bat flew to her again. She quickly ducked  and the bat missed again. The bat was angry, it's brows soon collided with each other. It let out a piercing scream and the other night-creatures appeared. 

Lily didn't know if she would laugh or cry, her life is in danger! If she only stayed in the room and didn't wander off. But there's no pill of regret to drink.

Lily quickly dashed off, it was good that she ate first. But she couldn't be faster  than the night-creatures who had wings, they caught up to her.

"Ahhh! Let me Live! Let me Live! I don't  wanna die!!!" Lily shouted. For a mere second the night-creatures stopped in gaze of her luminous voice but they had shaken that off and continued to chase after her. 

Poor Lily, as she was jumping, her foot was pierced  by a sharp wood, but the wound didn't end up deep but there was still blood coming out. She could not stop and had to continue to run even if her wound was bleeding. 

And alas, there was a dead end. Lily's face soon was crowded with tears. The night-creatures who was after her gave a grin , such a lovely maiden but she offended us. She is our food this winter, hahaha!

But as they were an inch closer to her, Lily hugged herself  and warm light soon appeared from her body. It exploded and the night-creatures had explode at the same time. Their grin transformed into terror. "Such great fire Magic!"

They could only watch their body fade and they were non-existent ever again. 

Lily felt surprised when she opened her eyes, the night-creatures  were no longer there and she thought they might have only played her.

She panted very hard and held her chest. "That was so close, I thought I'll die again! Phew!" Lily spoke and she graciously allowed herself to fall into the pile of snow and slept.

5