Volume 1: Chapter 13: Meeting an Old friend (Part 3)
146 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lucid?" 

The old woman smiled as she took the empty glass away.

"Clear and to shine? That's a nice name you've got." 

She added.

"Really?" Lily no I mean Lucid, wore a happy expression on her face. It was her first time speaking her name, and it was the first time she had received compliments.

"Now, now. " The old woman placed both of her hands on her hips. Her silver hair was tied in a bun and her Pink eyes were still lively.  

"What is a pretty child like you doing outside in the middle of the night?" She spoke anxiously. 

"I...I was thirsty." Lucid replied honestly. The old woman didn't believe on what Lucid spoke, it was strange for someone to end up outside when water was not scarce in households. 

"Don't lie to me." The old lady was vexed. "Why would you end up outside just for finding water to drink?" She added as she touches her temples. 

"I'm not lying." Lucid spoke seriously. "In a matter of fact, I live in a cave." While speaking, she hugged her legs. She was earnest and she doesnt know how to lie.

"I.." The old woman was in bewilderment.  She had no choice but the accept what Lucid had spoke, she even had a faint throb on her heart speaking it was true. 

"Im sorry for asking." 

Lucid turned around to face the old woman and her heart again had the strange feeling, her serious face earlier fades away and transformed into a childish smile.

But later on, it formed into frown. Lucid looked down and asked the old woman shyly:

"C-Can I stay here for the meantime?" 

She was worried that the old woman would reject, she had not been in a good bed for how long has it been.

"Sure." 

The old woman was straightforward. She didn't hesitate to think about it.

The girl who was sad a while ago, became happy again. She went off from the bed and embraced the old woman. 

The old woman was surprised, but she also embraced the girl. She felt something familiar with the girl which she had lost 25 years ago, her daughter. 

"Then what's your name Grandma?" 

Lucid smiled as she let the old woman pat her. 

"Me?" 

The old woman asked. She smiled and replied: 

"I'm Lilac." 

Boom! Something ached in lucid's chest. It hurted and on the otherhand  it was warm. She felt as if she returned to someone's embrace that let her felt love and care. Who was she? Does she know her before her death? How come she doesnt  remember? 

"What's wrong?" 

Lilac asked Lucid who had a confused expression.

"En. Nothing." 

Lucid didn't think about it any further. 

Just as the two were embracing each other, the old man, Lilac's husband came in the room. He was astonished to see the scene and just blurted a laugh.

"He's?" Lucid looked up to face Lilac, Lilac understood what she meant and replied "My husband. Leon." Lucid nodded upon hearing Lilac's  reply. She went closer to Leon and bowed down. 

Leon was  again surprised, he was about to ask the girl when his wife replied in her stead. 

"Her name is Lucid . She will start living with us." 

Lilac wore a smile on her face making her eyes shape like crescents.

Leon didn't ask any further and gladly accepted Lucid.

---

The next day, 

There was an unfamiliar girl walking through the town.  She wore a dress made of woollen clothing  and elegantly swirled across the street.

Her hair was dark blue and her eyes were red, her beauty, how could you say that, was great.

Although she lived in the forest, she had memories of interacting with people. It was blurred, but it could still be understood. The shopkeepers were astonished to see a beauty, but they were more astonished for her  to interact with them with familiarity. 

It has only been a day and everyone in the town, loved her.

" Mother Lilac! " Lucid shouted as she saw Lilac.. Lilac felt happy upon hearing what Lucid called her, she also felt pity for the girl who had not seen her parents. 

"Mm." Lilac nodded as she guided Lucid through the kitchen.

"Your nephew is visiting here?" Lucid asked as she rinsed the chicken.

"Yes, he is even bringing his wife and kids to see me. Fufufu, he had greatly matured." Lilac laughed as she helped Lucid with the chicken.  

"Um, Mother Lilac, about your  daughter, what had happen to her?" Lucid  asked. Upon hearing that, Lilac's smile froze. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean t-" Before Lucid could finish. Lilac looked at her with a caring smile. "She died at the age of 15. And it has been 25 years since then." She  answered briefly and continued her work. Lucid understood and don't pry more info.

 

4