Volume 1: Chapter 16: Dont be too careless
127 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Lucid was busy on her thoughts, Lilac's voice interfered.

"Lucid! Ban! Mina!" Lilac shouted their names. Both she and her neice-in-law were anxious when they didn't see them. 

It was a good thing that they didn't wander far. 

"Mother Lilac!" Lucid heard the voice and shouted in surprise, she quickly stood up making her slip. 

"Lucid!" Mina, Ban and Lilac screamed in union. 

Mina was too slow, she didn't catch Lucid who had slipped over. But luckily, Ban had caught Lucid's hand. 

He quickly used his strengthening magic  to strengthen himself, and so he easily saved Lucid. 

"Are you alright?" Mina asked Lucid in a worried tone. 

Lilac and Bree rushed over, it was really dangerous to leave kids alone. 

Lucid looked up and saw them worried about her , she felt a sense of happiness. But as she was about to answer, something throbbed on her knee. 

She saw that it was bruised, Mina also saw it and had a frown on her face. 

She took out her palm carefully placed it near the bruise.  She parted her lips and chanted a spell, "Might of Light, thy heal." and the Light magic became a small dove and pecked on the bruise, healing it completely. 

Lucid didn't know what to say, she had opened her mouth but no words came out. She slowly shifted her gaze to see Lilac's worried face. 

Sigh. 

Mina opened her eyes and looked at Lucid. She scolded Lucid , "Don't be too careless." and she took her palm away. 

Lucid nodded. She won't be too careless again. 

The Five went inside the house, it was clearly almost dark. The sun was setting and the evening was coming, the two families ate on the long table. 

As the two mothers were done speaking, Mina went to her mother to tell her about Lucid's dream. 

After hearing what her daughter told her, Bree also felt pity. She looked at her daughter and asked in a low voice, "You want me to help her?"

Mina nodded. She opened her mouth and spoke, "Yes,I would like you to help her." She added. 

Bree sighed. She patted her daughters head and answered, "I'll ask your Great-aunt about it." Then she took her  hand away and went  to her Aunt-in-law to tell her all about it. 

...

After hearing what Mina had told to Bree, Lilac felt Lucid indeed pitiful.

Bree also added, "Anyways, Where did Lucid came from?"

Lilac sighed. She then answered, "Lucid was an orphan." Tilting her  head to her shoulder, she told Bree on how they met Lucid and her life before she met them. 

Bree was tearing up because of the sad story behind the girl. She took out her handkerchief and wiped her tears. 

After wiping all the tears from her face, she stiffen for a second before adding, "I think I've met Lucid before. During Lily' s death anniversary, we saw a girl with dark blue hair out in the snow. She was wearing a sleeveless dress and she was shivering because of the cold. I casted my fire magic on her to warm her up a bit, after returning from the visit. The girl was nowhere seen." She had spoken the words seriously, she would never forget the peerless face she saw before. 

Lilac found it true. That girl and Lucid should be the same person. 

...

Meanwhile..

Mina, Ban and Lucid toured around the house. 

"This is your room,Ban." She pointed to the room on her left. "And this is our room, Mina." She pointed to the room upstairs.  

Lucid first let Ban in his room, and she and Mina went to their room.

Creek.

The door to the room upstairs opened.  It was a room colored white, there were two beds inside. 

On the bed on the right, there was a huge window. It was covered with quilt that was  colored purple. 

The bed on the right had a purple futon while the bed on the left had pink futon. 

Mina stared at the room. She slowly went to her bed on the left and pinched the futon.

"This wasn't like my room, but the futon is really soft and comfy." She spoke as she kept on pinching the futon. 

Lucid smiled and replied,"Isn't it?" 

Running to the changing room, she quickly had a change of clothes, it was a small pajama up to her knees, it was colored Yellow. Mina followed, she had a pajama colored Green, and it was up to her feet.

"hmm." Mina nodded as she jumped into her bed. Lucid also did the same. 

Just as the two were about to sleep, Mina asked Lucid a question. "Hey Lucid, do you know Lily?" 

Lucid smiled as she answered the question, "Of course I would, the room used to belong to her." 

Upon hearing what Lucid spoke, Mina froze. 

"Y-Your joking right?" 

Despite being a talented mage, she was afraid of ghosts. 

Lucid laughed, she answered, "I'm not joking. But there's no need to worry, because there's no ghost in here."

Mina finally sighed in relief. 

The two finally closed their eyes and sleeped happily.


4