Volume 1 : Chapter 17 – Going to the capital
116 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Midnight. 

Lucid suddenly woke up from her sleep, she glanced around and spotted Mina who was asleep. She would always be awaken every midnight. 

Her heart would beat alot more faster than usual, and that nostalgic feeling she would feel ever since she arrived in here would wake her up.

Lucid glanced at her side. She noticed a note placed in between the bars of the window. She raises her hand and picks it up. 

She opened the note and there was something written inside, she burrowed her brows when she remembered Mr. Anonymous black and white. Was It him? She wondered. 

Her eyes stared at the nice writing, it was clean and there was no hurry in writing it. She then lowered her gaze and started to read the note.

But that's the problem, she couldn't read the note at all. It was written in a different language. Lucid decided to return the note back to where it was placed earlier. 

As she did so, she felt sudden sleepiness. Allowing her body to fall Lucid fell asleep immediately.

Days then became a week, the family of four was going to leave. 

"Are you really going?" Lucid held her arm as she stared at Mina and Ban who was now about to leave. 

"En." Mina took both of Lucid's hand and held them. 

"Oh, then goodbye." Lucid forced herself to smile. It was too quick, why has her first friend leaving. 

"Why would you say that?" Mina leaned closer to Lucid and asked her. Her straight black hair then fell front and touched Lucid's shoulder.

Lucid cocked her head in surprise, aren't they leaving? So why can't I say goodbye? Dont tell me they are going to return? Then that's great! 

Lucid then leaned closer to Mina and asked her, "Your going to return here, really?" 

Lucid smile was so large that her eyes became cresents. Mina was about to reply when her brother took the lead. 

Ban then answered, "We can't return."

His answer made Lucid's smile stiffen. She then turned around to look at Ban, what did he mean. Lucid became quiet and waited for them to continue. 

Mina sighed and slammed her hand against Ban's face, she then explained, "What I meant was that your coming with us, so there is no need for goodbyes." 

Lucid blinked, she then turned around to face Lilac and Leon, waiting for them to speak. 

"Ahem." Leon coughed as he glanced at the kids. "What Mina said is true. She had heard about your dream on going to school and told the adults about it. Both me and Lilac didn't oppose, so you are free to come with them." 

Lucid couldn't believe what she heard. "Really?" She shouted in surprise and looked at everyone present. 

Lilac went forward and went closer to Lucid. She then spoke, "Yes. Although we were together for a short while, I've treated you as my daughter, Lucid. Since I have not fulfilled any of my late daughter's wish, I'm going to fulfill your dream instead." 

Her voice was full of grim, it felt like she lost her daughter again, the pain and grief. Tears were naturally forming in the corner of her eyes, she leaned closer to Lucid and embraced her tight. 

"Do your best in the capital, okay?" Lilac closed her eyes as she cherishes the moment. 

"Mother Lilac..." Lucid also embraces Lilac, she felt her heart ache as if she didn't want to separate.

"Cough!" Meru forced a cough and it disturbed with the two. What could he do? He was already getting impatient. 

Bree glanced at the impatient look of her husband, she then crossed her arms under her chest and chuckled slightly.

Lilac then let go of her embrace and touched Lucid's face, she then implanted a kiss on her forehead. 

Lucid glanced around and tears began to form on the corner of her eyes. Yes, she really did want to learn and go to school but she also didn't want to leave Lilac and Leon alone, specially they were already old. 

"Go on." Lilac encouraged Lucid. 

"En." Lucid nodded and then glanced at Leon. 

"Goodbye, father Leon." Lucid spoke aloud and hugged the old man. Lucid then raised her head and then glanced at Lilac again and told her, "Goodbye, mother Lilac. " 

The old couple then replied, "Goodbye." 

...

Lilac then boarded the carriage and joined the family of four. Mina happily chatted with Lucid and Ban stared at the two feeling left out. Aiyaa, was it because he was a boy? Ban thought to himself.

"Are you excited?" Mina asked Lucid who was looking out at the window. Lucid glanced at Mina and replied with a large smile, "Yes."

"Then prepare yourself when you arrive at the capital!" Mina exclaimed and raised both of her hands in the air. Lucid laughed when she saw the action done by Mina, Ban also was about to laugh, but the fear of having him pinched by his sister made him pretend not to laugh at all. 

Lucid then returned her gaze outside and watched as the trees and birds pass by. 

..

Lucid was going to a path where she has not wandered into before. Will the peaceful days last or would a tragedy would happen? 

Who knows, it was in the future after all. 

Volume 1 end~

2