09. Dinner with Feng Family
827 1 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the sun finally setting down, Feng Xue came to invite Snowy for dinner. Together they walked to the dining hall not far away from their room. They can smell the fragrant aroma flowing from the room from afar.

They were welcomed by the Feng couple who sat across the dining table when they stepped into the hall. Madam Feng made a hand gesture to urge both of them to pick their chair and sat down.

Snowy sensed Feng Xuan's gaze on her since the first time she entered the room. His gaze filled with wariness and caution.

She looked back at Feng Xuan and noticed that he was a lot stronger than her. He was the strongest man she met so far.

To get more information about him, Snowy used < identify > to get his information.

---

Name : Feng Xuan

Cultivation: ???

Bloodline: Human, Divine Phoenix Bloodline (locked)

Constitution: None

---

'His cultivation must be in Nascent Soul stage.'

She guessed after seeing question marks appear on the information. She can accurately identify someone up to two stages higher than her current cultivation, but she could not identify him. Furthermore, no immortal living in the Eastern continent. So, her guess must not be too far from the truth.

Feng Xuan's body shuddered when he look at Snowy eyes. He felt that her eyes could penetrate deeply into his soul left him no way to hide any secrets from it.

Sensing that the atmosphere became tense, Madam Feng asked with a warm smile to broke the silence.

"How is your day?"

"It's not bad. We get out to buy some clothes for Snowy and visit Phoenix Pavilion to buy her weapon," Feng Xue answered while the servants serve her and Snowy a bowl, plate, and chopsticks.

"I heard that your little friend slapped Feng Luo in the morning?" Feng Xuan asked.

"Hmph, that moron just keeps making trouble." Feng Xue retorted mockingly.

"Don't be too harsh on your cousin. Naturally, a man attracted to beauty." A wry smile appeared on his face. His daughter was too fierce.

Feng Luo was his late sister's son. He had been an orphan since he was a child. When her sister dead, Feng Xuan has sworn in front of her grave that he will take care of Feng Luo as if his own son.

He had tried to raise him as an honorable and kind person, alas, a man can only propose, but heaven dispose.

Feng Luo had been influenced by Yan Family's heir, Yan Tian. Since they become sworn brothers, Feng Luo became deeply indulged in debauchery and vanity.

He and Feng Xue could not see eye to eye. Every time they met, they will always fight and throw insults at each other, like cats and dogs.

Thus, Feng Xuan bought him a house far away from the mansion. Since then, Feng Luo slowly distanced himself from the main family.

Feng Xuan always felt guilty about this.

"He should know his place. Snowy is way out of his league." Feng Xue squinted her eyes, and her tone turned colder.

"Now, now. Stop the fighting and start eating the food before it turns cold."

Madam Fang chided them before the situation getting out of hand.

Snowy silently observed the situation then shifted her focus to the feast served on the table. She took the chopstick and began to savor fish soup in front of her.

Ding!

[Qi increased by 20. Current Qi 130,010/176,000]

So I can also increase my qi by eating food made with spirit beast meat.

Her eyes widen, surprised by the fact that beast's meat is also beneficial for her cultivation other than its core.

Mistakenly thinking that Snowy surprised by her food, Madam Feng, whose smile is getting bigger, asked for her opinion.

"How is the food? Is it to your liking?"

Subconsciously analyzing the food content, she told them her observation.

"This fish soup is well cooked. The fish meat is fat and tender; the hardness is just right, and it felt like going through a massage when I bit down. There was a cold sensation when eating the fish meat; it should be the meat of an ice-type spirit beast. Combination of hot and cold worked perfectly well in this dish."

Then she tasted the next food and said, "This vegetable stir-fry, however, a bit overcooked. There was a little burnt taste, and the vegetable lost its freshness. The medical plant added to this dish must be Yin Calabash. They have a soft texture and soothing fragrance, but if cooked with inconsistent temperature, the flavor comes out too strong."

"And this braised rib pork…"

"And this…"

She continued to taste the food one after another and bluntly exposed the food flaw.

Watching this scene, the trio all have a different reaction. Feng Xuan dropped his jaws, stupefied by her explanation; Madam Fang furrowed her eyebrows, her smile slowly disappear; And, Fang Xue panicked when she looked at her parent's response.

Snowy finally aware of the change in three people's expressions. The only people who always give her a warm feeling since she came to this world look disappointed and agitated; it made her heart wrench up and feel uncomfortable. She kept her head down and softly muttered.

"I'm sorry."

Seeing Snowy sincerely feel bad about her previous words, Madam Feng's mood turns better. A genuine smile comes back to her face.

Feng Xuan, oblivious of his wife's change of mood, complimented her knowledge, instead.

"Hahaha. I don't expect such delicate beauty could be a gourmet too. Lady Snowy, are you a spirit chef?"

"No. I'm not," Snowy answered casually while shook her head.

"Huh, if so, how can you be so familiar with cooking art?"

Feng Xuan felt that she was just humbling herself down. There was no way she can give a detailed and accurate opinion if she didn't have extensive experience.

"I just know."

Even if what she said does sound like bragging, it was the truth. She wasn't a spirit chef, nor was she a good cook. Heck, she lived only for two days and hadn't even touched a knife or a ladle.

However, she was a system that once accompanied The Divine Chefs, who conquered the three realms through their stomachs. When it comes to knowledge, no one can beat her.

"Hoho. Little Snowy, how about we cook together tomorrow? Maybe you can teach my tomboy daughter a little bit."

"Mom!! I…I can cook too!"

"Hoo, so you think that black mess you make in the kitchen is a food?"

"hahaha"

Laughter quickly fills the dining room, lightened up the mood. Snowy, who didn't know how to laugh yet, just sat there in silence and smile.

 

53