40. Breakthrough to Third Level of Qi Transformation (First Part)
678 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes, it will be fun," said Feng Xue, grinning. The smile was very charming, yet, other cultivators shivered when they saw it; they could smell a rain of blood already.

"T-this... I..." the youngest cultivator stumped to finish his sentence, dwelling in his complicated emotion.

"Big Brother, thank you for standing up for us. We'll never forget your kind intention," interrupted Feng Xue while cupping her hand.

Feng Xue was aware that the guy might have a budding feeling for her. But because she would never reciprocate it, she decided to end it decisively lest it would only make things between them complicated. The young cultivator was a good guy, and she'll be glad if they could become friends. Anything beyond that? It'll be impossible.

"No, no, it's just me being meddlesome. I bet you've never needed my help from the start," said the youngest cultivator with a forced smile. His first love withered before it even blooming.

"Don't say it like that, Big Brother. Our meeting is also a kind of fate. If you ever go to Phoenix City, please visit Feng Family, we will treat you well," replied Feng Xue.

Knew that the farewell was near, the middle-aged man advised Feng Xue, "Well, missy. Just be careful. That insolence bunch from Heavenly Blood Sect won't let this matter rest easily."

"Don't worry, Big Brother. We have our way," reassured Feng Xue.

"Do you want to search for the treasure, right? You should check the inner sanctum of the forest. There was where the treasure frequently appears," said the old man.

"Thank you, Old Qian."

"Good luck, young lady."

After giving their farewell, Snowy and Feng Xue continued their way to enter the Blackwood Forest.

***

Their journey to the inner sanctum of the Blackwood Forest was smooth sailing. Meanwhile, Feng Xue released her spiritual pressure to keep the weaker spiritual beast from approaching them. With her Golden Core Stage cultivation, even a peak Qi Transformation beasts won't attack them carelessly. They were proceeding while keeping an eye for Nine-Petal Lotus appearance.

Arriving at the inner sanctum, Feng Xue arranged for the next few days.

"We will go individually from here. If you find anything, tell me with the transmission jade," said Feng Xue.

"Un. Be careful," replied Snowy while grabbing Feng Xue's hand.

"You too, Snowy," said Feng Xue with a warm smile.

After parting with Feng Xue, Snowy venture alone in the middle of the forest. The atmosphere here was vastly different from the outer sanctum or the outskirts of the forest.

Snowy look around scanning her surrounding. The trees that grew in the area were very distinct; their skin was either dark-brown or black, their trunk was gigantic, and the canopy was so dense that sunray rarely penetrated inside.

Snowy had to constantly activate her <Night Vision> to move comfortably in the inner sanctum. She won't be surprised if her proficiency in the skill would increase significantly by leaving the forest.

'I need to test the dagger absorption skill," decided Snowy inwardly. She was very intrigued by the ability and want to test it further. She wanted to know whether it's better to use this skill or consume spirit core directly.

Snowy activated <Thousand Eyes> searching for a suitable opponent. After a moment, she found a pack of Golden Boars consisting of one adult and two juvenile spirit beasts.

The adult Golden Boar's size was enormous; its height was nearly twice Snowy's height, and its muscular body covered by golden fur can easily reach 10,000 jin. A sharp tusk was protruding from its lower jaw made it looked menacing. *10,000 jin = 6 tonne

The juvenile beast was a bit smaller, and their tusk was only half of the adult's size. But, don't be fooled by its appearance. If they were combined with the beast's speed and strength, the tusk could easily tear apart any prey who caught unprepared.

Confirming her prey, she then rushing in their direction. Meanwhile, she checked their information.

---

Name: Golden Boar (Adult)

Cultivation: Seventh Level of Qi Transformation

---

Name: Golden Boar (Juvenile)

Cultivation: Sixth Level of Qi Transformation

---

When she reached their dwelling, she quickly activated <Yin Yang Shadow Step> and dashed forward.

Whoosh.

The adult golden boar instinct tingled for a moment when it felt a breeze brushing past its body. It vigilantly looked around but found no threatening presence. Despite that, it grew restless, feeling a lingering smell of death approaching them.

"Blade Dance!" a voice spoke out of nowhere, startling the Golden Boar packs.

Slice!

Snowy appeared beside one of the juvenile spirit beasts and swiftly severed its head from its body.

The juvenile Golden Boar's headless body crazily spraying out blood and instantly dead.

Ding!

[Qi increase by 12,650. Current Qi 200,170/249,000]

Its life force rushed into the dagger, causing its body to shrank at an alarming speed. In a blink of an eye, only its skin and bone remained behind.

The other juvenile Golden Boar and adult Golden Boar finally recovered their senses and became enraged seeing their family being slaughtered.

The adult Golden Boar stomped its rear feet and charging at Snowy in a flash. Meanwhile, the juvenile Golden Boar stayed on the sideline, ready to launch a second attack if Snowy dodged its mother assault.

Contrary to their expectation, Snowy was neither dodging nor blocking the attack. Instead, she lifted her leg straight at the sky, and Lightning Qi swirled around it like a lightning rod attracting thunder. And then, She descended the kick aiming at the Golden Boar's head.

"Take this! Blitz Lightning Kick!"

Boom!

Its head exploded. Its brain splattered in a random direction and its lifeless body fall on the ground.

The juvenile Golden Boar terrified. Its body shivered to know that she wasn't an opponent it can win against. Then, it quickly retreated, trying to run away from this God of Death.

Snowy didn't waste the momentum from her previous attack and smoothly sending another move toward the fleeing beast.

"Wind breaking fist!"

Swooosh. Swooosh.

She moved so fast that she looked like she became one with the wind.

The Golden Boar ran with all of its strength, and when it heard Snowy's voice, it even burned its life force to escape this predicament. Alas, its resistance was futile. Snowy easily matched the spirit beast's speed and punched its body.

Boom!

"Graah...!!!"

A hole appeared on its body, and the Golden Boar died after its final shriek.

Snowy frowned, feeling a little disappointed after she defeated the last Golden Boar. Seventh-level Qi Transformation Beast didn't give her challenge anymore. She needed to find a stronger beast to refined and improved her techniques.

But before that, she had to conclude her experiment. She quickly dismantled the beasts and extracted their spirit cores. This was the reason why she didn't use her dagger to kill the last two Golden Boars. If she used the World Devouring Twin Dagger, the spirit core would disappear.

She put the sixth level Qi Transformation spirit core to her mouth and gulped it.

 

27