Volume 1 – Epilogue
183 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi guys!

I can finally talk to you face to face (hoping someone cares).

I would like to talk to you a little more generally about the work and about me. So if you are not interested you can skip this chapter, if you want to read it then I will be grateful!

I don't know whether to tell you how in particular about me but I will give a very brief context on who I am and after that I will be more expansive as regards the meaning of the work.

I am a 19 year old boy and I live in Sicily, that is, in Italy.

I've always loved history in general. In fact, I've been devouring a lot of documentaries for more than an hour. I am an active user of Anime and I read Manga very often (although lately I have stopped) but I read very little the Web / Light Novels.

Strange since I'm writing, you might say. Yes, you are right, but I think that you too sometimes havr ideas in your head that you want to realize.

Here, as far as I am concerned, things are over for now. Let's talk about The Price Of The Crown instead.

Let's say that we are all used to seeing or reading many works, we also know that many are really beautiful and to be defined as “Art”. Others let's say a little less ...

It occurred to me to write this story both because I had nothing to do, and because I think I came up with something really original and I would say almost niche.

There are very few works, if not just one, that have started from a truly historical basis like me (Golden Kamuy for example is one of these).

So I decided to write with this idea: what would be the life of a modern man be like ending in the Middle Ages and that his aim is to become King or Emperor at all costs?

I, as I believe you too, know the Isekai genre, right? That is when the protagonist ends up in any alternative world. And this idea was truly revolutionary, there are a lot of beautiful and cool works that were written, then drawn and then animated, right?

But lately the genre has not only bored us, but has also gotten out of hand. Example: I was reincarnated in a legendary sword that judges girls ……….

We understand each other right?

My idea is one of the most difficult there is at a conceptual level, why?

Suppose for a moment that you have to write an Isekai, a very simple one. If you have a great fantasy you can do this: catapulted here in some way into this semi-real world or fantasy where the nation is called in one way, the city in another, people in yet another etc etc.

In this case it is much easier to do it because your mind starts thinking and inventing a totally new world, taking a cue from somewhere and so on.

Of course, inventing a world from scratch is not easy, but it is enough to really indulge yourself a little to do it.

What I do? I take a base, that is a historical context that really existed, with important people who really existed and with events that really happened. Here the work is different, because the time it takes to invent the setting, characters and so on, instead I use it to "research" information.

 I watch documentaries on documentaries about the Middle Ages and its actual reality, what do I mean? I intend to tell a "true" and not "stereotyped" Middle Ages as we are used to knowing. So many things that you may believe to be true may be denied during the course of the work.

In sum, I had two choices: to invent everything from scratch or to base myself on an existing thing and then, according to the choices of the protagonist, to change the course of events.

You will agree that it is not a very easy thing.

Instead I would now like to talk about some technical things concerning never writing and other doubts. Things that I think for myself because, in addition to having 2 5-star reviews, from someone that don't know, let's say that none of you have ever written any comments or opinions under my chapters. Although I guess you still have doubts about how I write etc etc.

Since I am Italian, I write precisely in this language. Which I then translate quickly thanks to Google Translate (which now doesn't suck like many years ago) and then since I manage in English (although not enough to write the text in English from the beginning) I correct it to see if it hasn't translated nonsense.

As already said I have read very few Web / Light Novels, a flaw that I have to recover.

But one I read there, and it's also the coolest in my opinion: Dungeon Defense. In fact it is a real shame that history has not continued for that reason there. But the material that was there was enough for me to have a very small base from which to start.

For example the: | Morning of 13 August 1244 - Jüterbog - Attila | it is something used in DD to contextualize the environment to make you better understand what, where and when a certain dialogue or action happens.

But for example, I'm not quite sure how to put things back together. What I mean?

To have a more fluid story you have to wrap almost every sentence, or maybe not, or boh. That is, when should I leave a sentence (without dialogue) attached to another and when not? I'll have to see what the most used method is and use that. Also because if you carefully read the first chapter up to the last one I wrote, you can see that before they were blocks of text, while in the recent ones you can see that almost every sentence is well separated from each other.

Having said that guys I don't want to make a really long epilogue. Let me know if you like the idea behind this work, opinions on how you would like me to write it, if the length is good or if I should shorten the chapters. If the English I publish sucks and other things like that.

But before saying goodbye, I would like to make a clarification.

I enjoy writing, above all because it's my lot. But if at the end of volume 2 I do not have at least feedbacks then it is useless that I continue to write. I mean that if people look at things passively, without sending me clear messages (which can be ratings or comments) that someone actually likes what I write, I will have no way of knowing if I am wasting time or not.

I just feel like a video on youtube that has some visualization but is always without any comment, not exactly ideal.

After this little footnote (in the end, the epilogue was long too), I wish you the best and above all a good reading.

We hear from you again in volume 2.

See you soon ^^

7