Volume 2 – Prologue
156 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

| Night of June 5, 2035 - Berlin - Kleinn |

After that message appeared I saw everything black, it was all so sudden that it took me a while to realize that I just had to take off the viewer.

It was late at night. I took my cell phone to check the time, it was 2 am.

Had I really played for six hours? Even though it had been months in the game?

According to what mathematical law was this possible?

Well, the only thing I knew is that at that moment I had a severe headache and a lot of sleep.

 

| June 5, 2035 Lunch - Berlin - Kleinn |

After I got up around lunchtime, I cooked and started eating.

While I was doing all this I had questions on my mind: Why did the game throw me out like this? How did I live a life of a few months in just six real hours for days? Why did that damn AI go crazy like that?

Besides, I also had another thought. Which is what I killed some people.

Okay, I didn't really kill anyone, they were NPCs, but the feeling was all too realistic. And it was not an accidental killing, but it was a lot of killings or entire massacres made with conscience.

I am a very peaceful person, in the sense that in real life I would never have committed a murder.

I realized that in the game I am not Kleinn but Attila, two distinct and different entities.

Even with all these doubts I was sure of one thing, I didn't want to know about that game for a few days. I wanted to get back in touch with reality a little.

I had to go back to being Kleinn.

| Afternoon of June 12, 2035 - Berlin - Kleinn |

A week went by, where I did everything except pick up that viewer again.

I had nothing but questions in my head. Thoughts that didn't make me sleep at night and didn't make me look dead by day.

Yet all these troublesome thoughts, a very great sense of excitement took over. I wanted to find out what would happen if I continued playing. But first of all, I had to do some research ...

| Afternoon of June 13, 2035 - Berlin - Kleinn |

I have decided, tonight I will return to play. I'm too curious to see how it all turns out.

I sat down at the computer to see if other users also had the same problems with Nadia. Apparently that damn artificial intelligence had gone crazy only to me (wow what luck), indeed, all the other users spoke of it as the best A.I ever invented.

Poor fools, only I know her worst side.

I decided that while I was there it would be very useful to do some research on the historical period in which I was.

Of course, I could never expect to find exact information. For example, in the court of Frederick II there are not his circle of advisers. It is only said that she was multi-ethnic and that she was made up of very intelligent people.

So who knows why the developers gave the name Ferdinand. Perhaps they have generated a likely one.

In fact it seemed strange to me, we (understood as humanity) know a lot about history but, obviously, we don't know all the details but only a few. From this I deduce that the developers, where it was not possible to find events or names, invented them.

This decreases the gaming experience a bit but I'm not complaining, it is already a true videogame masterpiece, even if it seems truly realistic.

After this research I lay down on the bed and put on the viewer.

<< Oh, welcome back Attila. Why so long to return? >> Nadia said as soon as I turned on the viewer.

<< Listen, would you like to at least explain to me why you behave in this way? >>

<< The answer is very simple, for you the difficulties already present were "insufficiently difficult", so I created one especially for you >>

<<Only for that sentence are you making me go through all this !!? >>

<<Exactly>>

<<Ah .... However it is strange to be able to talk to you. You didn't say we would only meet at the end of the game >>

<< Yes, in fact I'm only here to give you an announcement: now the game sessions will no longer have a limit. That is, potentially, as long as your body holds up, it can play indefinitely. But, of course, a function will be added that allows you to log out as you please, except in certain situations. In addition, the emergency function to go to the bathroom remains >>

<< I don't know why but the phrase “except in certain situations” worries me a lot >>

< Do not think these thoughts. Well now are you ready to go back to the game? >

<< Yes, that's why I'm here >>

<<Perfect>>

While loading I was very restless, I was about to return to the world where I had committed serious crimes.

But said very frankly, by now, I didn't give a damn.

4