Chapter 1. The Battle of Good and Evil
324 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Imagine two children, siblings if you will. These two were polar opposites, the eldest was rude, blunt, one might even say they were evil; The youngest child was polite, loving, and were viewed by many as the perfect child who dutifully served their parents. Now imagine that they were each the heirs of a large company and the parents were on their deathbed yet used their last remaining bit of strength to reward their children...both children receive half of this vast fortune. To many outsiders and the eldest child this would seem the most sensible and fair outcome. Now imagine how the child who had worked their whole life to be perfect and selfless would feel? One could argue "well they are selfless so they must agree that the outcome is fair", one could argue this if they were incredulously naive and believed selfless meant what the dictionary defines it as. Even Jesus felt cheated for a time when he was informed of his fate in the garden and he was imbued with a divine sense of self sacrifice... how would a mortal feel?

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! I WORK MY ENTIRE LIFE TO CARRY OUT THE WILL OF THE GODS AND MY AFTERLIFE CONSISTS OF A SMALL CHILD AND THE MOST SINISTER BEING EVER CONCEIVED?!"

One could expect the Hero as a golden example of the behavior of the youngest child.

The Demon King sat silently floating in his lightless void while he watched the Hero on the opposite side of the child in her brilliant white radiant half lost her mind as she yelled in frustration.

The Child looked at her with fear evident on his face at her frustration 

After several minutes of a full blown freak out the Hero suddenly stopped moving before staring at the entertained demon king with a wild bloodshot look in her eyes

"I see, I see. T-This is all a test is it not?! I must have followed you to the afterlife to kill you once and for all, once I accomplish that then I will finally be able to claim my reward."

The Hero spoke no more useless words and instead raised her hand as if to steady an army behind her

"DEUSTORM" 

The white abyss behind her started spinning before condensing into an uncountable amount of pure white weapons that flew to their target at speeds far beyond human comprehension. These swords instantly...hit a wall. at the exact moment where they were meant to cross from one side to the other they shattered upon impacting a wall of energy that formed out of billions of interconnecting gray runes before disappearing

The Demon King burst out into laughter as he mocked the befuddled Hero

"Don't even try it Hero, I tried killing you for the first 20 minutes after I arose but whatever the hell this place is, it seems that this child is capable of completely nullifying our attacks towards each other, even my words don't work. [Child, Kill The Hero]

As soon as his words rang out he was thrown backwards at mach speeds in his black void until he crashed into another wall of the grey runes that appeared. The Hero was now the one giggling as the child looked between the two with the fear on his face becoming less pronounced

"And it seems any attacks issued directly to this small child cause you to be forcefully repelled, if the Demon Clan could see their all powerful leader being thrown around by a small child they may have actually killed themselves for me ufufufu"

The Demon King snorted before staring directly into the eyes of the child with his pupils becoming an even darker crimson for a second

"Tell me child, who are you, what is this place, and what do you want with us?"

the child for the first time met the Demon King at his eyes which caused the demon king to show a great deal of confusion as the right eye staring back at him matched his own.

"I-I'm Drake Animo. And you're in my head... that's right, you're only in my head... it's just stress. And I just want you to leave please... if you want." 

The whimpering weak child could not work up the courage to tell the two beings inside his brain to just screw off which earned a tender smile from the Hero and a look of disgust from the Demon King

"Hey boy... at least I think you're a boy. This is your mind right? you clearly hold all the cards in 32 god pickup so act like it. Show some backbone!"

The child recoiled from the yelling while the Hero glared at the Demon King 

"Don't yell at him, it's only natural for a child to show fear when confronted by an unknown adversary!"

The Demon King sighed in utter disappointment 

"You really are dumb aren't you? LOOK AT THE KID! I'm not even gonna try and answer how this happened but he clearly contains aspects and characteristics of us both. When I was a child I killed the Demon Ruler of Cocytus for raising his voice at me, when you were a child you beheaded the Greater Behemoth of the Hygena Mountain Range. I don't know about you but I REFUSE to see my great and powerful features besmirched by such a wimp."

The Hero hesitated as she had to think about the fact that somehow this boy appeared to be a mixture of both their childhood appearances containing masculine and handsomely intimidating yet somewhat feminine charms about him creating an aura that just added to the overall allure. If she bore a child as she had promised herself long ago that it would never feel powerless as she had as a simple villager in a world of monsters. For this reason even when she saw the boy crying she did not try to console him yet instead gave her own advice.

"This sack of dirt is correct that you do need to defend yourself, however do not listen to anything else he says. I shall help you grow strong and confident while teaching you to become an upstanding individual in high class society."

The Demon King clenched his teeth in disgust.

"YOU BITCH! You'd teach my reborn self to be a slave to those too cowardly to fight for themselves!"

The Hero huffed as she looked down on the Demon King

"Your reborn self? clearly he has a good kind soul so he must be my body that you invaded. and there is nothing wrong with defending the weak, or would you rather him be alone and feared by the world until he is hunted?!" 

Tension was literally warping the two voids as these two beyond godly beings stared the other down as if they wanted nothing more than to kill the bloodline of the other one. 

The child eventually broke the silence with an uncharacteristic yell

"WHY DO I HAVE TO BE ONE OF THOSE?! I JUST WANT TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE! BUT THE KID'S AT SCHOOL BULLY ME BECAUSE OF MOM AND NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND BECAUSE OF DAD! I JUST WANT TO BE NEITHER OF THEM!"

The Demon King frowned for several seconds before grinning an evil smirk

"So you say you're being bullied? Other children dare to pick on one that the great Avros inhabits?! Good... they will know hell. Child I have just decided, how would you like the power to stand up to your bullies?" 

The Hero chimed in with her own input

"WAIT! No method this vile swine teaches you will help your real problem, I can give you the power to overcome the burden of your parents for the greater good. I shall lend you my aid!"

The Child looked between the two grinning beings in confusion.

"R-Really?"

The two nodded. They both agreed one course of action should be taken first

"First let's check to see who's powers you have inherited if any."

AN: Apologies for the delay, I have three separate accounts on this website that I write for meaning this series will be updated at most once a day and at least every other day. I thank you for your time and be sure to favorite if you enjoyed and leave comments or questions in the comment section 

Do you want next chapter to be the normal route or an unorthodox idea I just had that might be fun
  • Normal Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Unorthodox Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Flip a coin Votes: 11 55.0%
Total voters: 20
7