Prologue: The fateful moment my old life ended
475 11 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fuck..."

I can't take this shit any longer. What the hell is going on? Just a day ago, one day, we were having fun at the Zoo together. I remember dad smiling as he told awful jokes and my mom laughing in turn. So what in the everloving fuck happened?

I kicked a nearby pole to vent my frustration, but all it did was make my foot hurt instead, pissing me off more. A few minutes ago I had heard the news, and boy what a fantastic surprise it was. A sudden divorce, out of the blue, and then getting the question flung to my head with which of the two I want to live with.

"Haah..." I sighed "Just need to find a place to take a load off..."

I ran away earlier, maybe out of panic, maybe out of frustration. I know that with whichever one I choose the other will be heartbroken. I don't want to have to choose. Why does this stuff happen to me?

As I was pondering these thoughts, all of a sudden I could hear a tooting horn.

Why was I in the middle of the road, again?

Paralyzed by the horn, I didn't jump away in time. Getting struck by a 120km/h head on collision, I lost consciousness before the pain could properly register.

...

My sight kept fading in and out. I had no more feeling in the rest of my body, but instintively felt something was severely wrong even without a sense of pain. I could see blood spilling, leaking and seeping into the concrete near me. I could see someone scream as they looked toward my direction after stepping out of the car.

The voices were muffled, I could not make out anything that was being shouted. But I wished they at least kept more quiet...

"Heh..." I chuckled, followed up by a blood filled cough.

At least I don't have to choose anymore.

...

......

I was enveloped in a deep, unending void. No sound, no hearing, no touch, not even a sense of self. A prison of eternal dark it would seem. What was unexpected was a sudden feeling. I could hear some voices completely unbeknownst to me. Feel a tingling somewhere... a finger, I think. Overtime, more and more sensations became present...

And eventually, I woke up in a place I had never seen before.

 

 

15