Chapter 6: The third book
256 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After about 30 minutes or so she came back with the books... 3 books...?

"It seems I had miscounted before, please excuse me."

She placed them beside me, being seemingly careful not to drop the books onto me. I checked out the titles.

'The book of Eol Mytalin'

'Operation manual of the in-world system'

'Advanced battlefield tactics from the days of now'

All three had grabbed my attention for different reasons, but the one about the system seems very out of place. I looked at the servant who still showed the same dull expression as usual. I picked up a book and pointed it toward her, to see if she was interested or not, she only looked at me blankly in return.

"I cannot read."

To see if my hunch was correct, I gave her a question. "Do you know what the system is?" I asked her. She just gave me a weird look, before shaking her head. I knew something was wrong when she said she miscounted. It seems the gods felt the need to send me some more lore.

I briefly went through the pages, to get a general idea of the content about it. It contained quite a few illustrations, with one in particular standing out. It was an image I recognized from the games I had played before. The 'status' screen.

I got curious, and started looking deeper into that particular chapter. The main topic coverage was about which stats were present, what magic affiliations there are, what job possibilities one has, and of course, how to show it to yourself.

By pressing your fingers against your temples, while closing your eyes and concentrating, you can get an overview of your character. As instructed, I did just that. The results I saw were abyssmal, with multiple stats being 0 or close to it. And a list so full of debuffs I got a headache trying to read it all.

lv 1

0/24 experience

6/17 vitality

2/2 magical essence

strength: 3

defense: 0

magical constitution 1

magical invocation 2

agility: 1

resistance: 4

luck: 0

Outside of that there was much more to find when searching for more details, like the specific condition of each bodypart, x rays of the body, showing bone damage, blood vessel damage and muscle damage. There were also more stats to be found, like limberness, intelligence and other miscellanious things. Also some spells with almost all of them taking too much magic. And outside of a few things, everything looked like absolute shit.

I would probably be obliterated by the average goblin.

Making sure not to seem too shook by the terrible results, I thanked the servant for helping me out all this time. In this world I am absolutely powerless, socially, physically and mentally. But at least there is room for improvement, a small glimmer of hope I can latch onto.

I needed to know about what I could do. I cannot fight, but I do have 2 spells I can use. I tried one costing 1 magical essence.

But no matter what I tried nothing happened. Saying the name of the spell, thinking of the icon, imagining the spell, doing a holy cross gesture on my chest.

Time to consult the manual again.

 

 

 

 

 

12