The way to a man’s heart is through a sausage in his mouth
89 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By ‘money’, what those two precisely meant was the grandson of Xin Jin Peak. With his good looks and expensive attire, he stood by the doorway like a miniature golden sun.

“Greetings,” said Xin Chen, holding out a box just as garishly golden as his clothing. “I have brought sweet sausages for you.”

“Sausages are a man’s food!” chirped A-Yang excitedly.

“A man should eat sausages!” added A-Ye, looking hopeful.

Staring at them, Sun Quan sighed.

“Come in,” he stepped aside, taking the box and allowing the three to enter. “Go wash up and make sure you’re spotless by dinnertime. I’m telling you now that I’ll be cooking these with fresh leeks, so don’t complain.”

“We won’t,” said A-Ye and A-Yang in unison.

“You also can’t pick them out and eat only the meat.”

“……” The twins were unable to respond. In their hearts they felt a sourness, but Da-Niang’s words were absolute in this peak. According to their mother, he was even more powerful than the peak lord himself.

“And Master,” Sun Quan turned to Sun Wu, “guard your bowl. I’ve seen them sneaking vegetables into your bowl before and you didn’t notice.”

“Huh…?” Sun Wu blinked in confusion before breaking into a grin. “Ah! Ahaha! So that’s why I’ve been feeling extra full lately! I hadn’t noticed! Hahaha…”

That’s right! Da-Niang was indeed the most powerful! He even saw them sneak unwanted vegetables to another person’s bowl! Simply too terrifying!

There was nothing else the two could say or do except wash up and prepare to eat leeks at dinner. When Hong Ying returned and saw the bowl of chopped leeks, he was disgusted. The twins saw this and poked their head around the kitchen door to look at their potential saviour with shining eyes.

“Cook something else!” Sun Ying demanded, slapping a wild chicken on the table. “Make some herbal chicken instead!”

“We’re having sweet sausages today,” replied Sun Quan in a flat voice.

“Oh! Why didn’t you say so?” said Hong Ying. “Fine, I’ll eat. Call me later.”

Oh no! Second shixiong, why!??

With their morale destroyed by their only ally in manly food switching sides so quickly, the twins gave in and went to sit at the main hall to keep Xin Chen company. Although he wasn’t smiling, the youth’s brows weren’t as serious and furrowed as usual, which the twins picked up at once.

“Xin Chen-gege1older brother; not necessarily related by blood, why do you look so happy?” asked A-Ye, curious.

Xin Chen looked at them with his solemn phoenix eyes and nodded graciously.

“Grandfather said that the way to a man’s heart is through a sausage in his mouth,” said Xin Chen. “The bigger, the better. I didn’t understand what it meant until today. I’m lucky I had chosen to bring the significantly larger ones from home.”

“That’s good,” said A-Yang. “Next time I will bring Da-Niang a big sausage too.”

“I will bring one too!” shouted A-Ye eagerly. “We can each give Da-Niang a big sausage for his mouth; then we can visit more often!”

Sun Quan stood by the doorway, right about to call them for dinner, frozen in place like a stone. What on earth was this conversation ah!!!???

4