Chapter 2- The First Patron
115 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ding!

The elevator opened up and a young silver-haired man stepped out inside the club. What met his eye at first was the countless couches, seats with tables in front of them. But the thing that caught him the most was the bar at the other end of the room. Liquor shelves were hanging on the wall behind it and barstools stood against the bar, making them ideal spots to order drinks or just hang out. The only issue was that the lights hanging from the ceiling were currently off.

"System, how do I turn on the lights?" A panel soon appeared next to him with the Club's light controls.

[Ultimate Nightclub System]

Lights: 0%

_______________________________

He could input how bright he wanted the lights to shine with this panel. Wanting to test it out he maxed it out at 100%.

"ARRRGH!!! MY FUCKING EYES I CAN'T SEE, IT'S TOO BLOODY BRIGHT."

Struggling to shut the lights off, he covered his eyes making them grow accustomed to the darkness yet again. Looking at the panel, he didn't make that same mistake and just put it on 20%. Looking back at the bar while walking towards it he noticed new things about it. There were large birds, sculptured onto the backdrop somewhat resembling Ignis in his hawk form.

'I wonder if the system sculptured the backdrop like that because I called it Pheonix Blood.' Reaching the bar, he ran his hand across the wooden bar countertop knocking on it. "This dark wood seems rather sturdy. I hope it won't break, now that I'm in a world full of cultivators." Ignis's dominant voice suddenly rang out in his mind.

"Master, that wood is known as Immortal inferno wood. No one below the stage of Complete immortal can break that."

'Well seems like quite a tough wood then.'

The bar had a simple entrance at the side of it, there was a flip-up counter you could lift and enter through. Inside the bar, there were quite a lot of tools such as knives and stirring spoons used to create drinks. Opening a hatch, he noticed that it was an icebox filled with tons of ice cubes. Next to the icebox was another compartment filled with an assortment of different fruits, such as lemons and cherries. He even had his seat behind the bar that could be tucked in under the bar. Cutting boards and mixing cups were placed next to the bar sink. The cups had small golden lion and tiger details on them, looking almost life-like. Ingrained into the counter was a screen listing the recipe and steps to the cocktail that he currently had unlocked. A large blackboard was hanging on the wall behind him with a few drinks listed on it with prices.

NIGHTCLUB PHOENIX BLOOD

_________________________________

Beer: 2 bloodstones

Bourbon Lemonade: 10 bloodstones

Cigarettes: 8 bloodstones

_________________________________

'I could go for a glass of bourbon lemonade at the moment, I wonder if the system will charge me for taking a drink?'

[The host can drink for free as it's your nightclub and stuff replenish automatically after usage.

Note that the host has yet to enter the cultivation path and will be affected by alcohol as normal.]

Taking out a knife and cutting board, he followed the steps on the screen. The only bottle on the liquor shelf behind him was a fancy bottle of bourbon whiskey. Pouring it into a measurement cup, he took one part of whiskey before putting it into the mixing cup full of ice. One part squeezed lemon juice that he got from squeezing half a lemon. Shaking it, he poured it into a whiskey glass before garnishing it with a lemon slice and red cherry on top.

Sitting on his seat he slowly sipped on the drink, It was a refreshing one. He felt like his blood was circulating smoother than before. It was the best fucking drink he had ever had. A panel popped up in front of him.

[A nightclub isn't a club without any customers, It is time to open up the club. Opening hours are from 21:00 to 6:00]

There was a clock on the panel, displaying the time. It was currently 20:58 so almost time to open up the place. Taking a pack of cigarettes and lighting one up, he placed it in his mouth and sucked hard. The entrance was located on the left side of the bar, it was a large door made of something that looked similar to metal, but had wooden elements to it. Next to the door was a switch that you had to flick to light up the "Open" sign outside, indicating that the place was open for business. Stepping outside the club he didn't see anything spectacular, it was a decently sized road with a few shops at the other end selling weapons and clothing. Some people walked by the club looking at this human dressed in weird clothing, standing in front of the building before walking away.

Going back in, he sat himself down behind the bar again. Ignis jumped off his shoulder and sat on the bar counter. Looking down at the little Phoenix sparrow, he looked around for something that Ignis could consume. Opening a compartment he saw that there were some seeds and nuts in a little bag. Pouring them into a small cup he gave it to Ignis. He was a bit uncertain so he pecked on the mixture a little and tried it out, soon he fell in love with the taste and started eating more of it.

Bloodstained and hurt he ran down the road, he could hear the people behind him chasing after him. Why must they hunt me like this? I got that beast core fair and square. The sun was about to go down and soon his life would too. Something right ahead caught his attention. A new shop perhaps. But since when has there ever been a shop this weird. Nightclub Phoenix blood what is that? You can say that it was faith calling him or just stupid wishfulness but something about that place seemed safe. Sprinting towards it he soon reached the entrance. It was a heavy door, but for a muscle reformation adept like himself it was quite easy.

The place inside was dim but it was surprisingly larger inside than outside. Space element? No couldn't be that's a super rare element to awaken. Only 1 in 10.000 awaken it. The room was quiet and he couldn't see anyone inside besides a young man with silver hair sitting down drinking something.

'Oh, the very first customer. he looks quite roughed up though, seems like the lad has gotten into a fight.'

"Hello, please come sit down and order a drink. You look like you been through quite a lot."

"Wait, you talking to me?"

"Well, I don't see any fucking ghosts around, do I…? Of fucking course I'm talking to you."

The man sat down at the bar facing the young man. Before he could get to order something, The entrance was opened and 3 burly men stepped into the club. Christian looked at them and a panel appeared next to them giving him some information. 'They are all novice muscle reformation. Interesting'

"James, we know you took that beast core you stole from us and made it into a pill. Now cough up that pill or we will fuck you up like a bitch." One of the burly men screamed at the man sitting in front of Christian.

"Earl I got that beast core through my own efforts, don't be blabbering to me that I stole it. I'm not an idiot like you that can't get something with his own hands."

"YOU FUCKING CUNT, I'LL MESS YOU UP FOR SPEAKING TO ME LIKE THAT YOU."

'these idiots' "Hey. Guys, you can't be fighting in the club you got to chill down. Either order something or get out."

"Who are you? Pfft, you don't even have any core blood in you. You are just a weak normal human, I'll crush you and this shop after I kill that bastard James."

Earl took large steps heading towards both James and Christian, he wanted to crush both of them flat to ease his rage. Something unexpected happened to him though, as he was getting closer to the bar, a majestic voice rang out in his mind.

"You filthy mortal, you dare go against my master's order and try laying a hand on him. I will break every bone in your body and extract every drop of core blood you have."

He almost reached his goal, but who could have guessed that he would meet someone like Ignis today. In a split second, the 3 burly men were thrown out of the club all their bones and joints broken and destroyed. Their core blood ignited and removed, they were crippled for life now.

sweat dripped down James' forehead as he couldn't comprehend how the whole situation had happened. The young man in front of him simply smiled and pointed at the blackboard hanging behind him.

*All acts of violence against the club or the owner will be punished with crippling of the body and core blood and potential death.

This man in front of him simply looked at him and took a quick sip of his drink.

"So James. what would you like to drink?"

Do you think Ignis is cool?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
1