Chapter 24
114 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alone in her room, Shin Eun-Ae held a white flower print lace handkerchief to her mouth to muffle the tears of agony as her mind flashed back to the sorry state of her daughter. 

"Did Nari-ah get evicted? Could the person she went to meet have rejected her? My child is suffering and I'm powerless to do something for her, Ha! I have lived my life in vain!"

Shin Eun-Ae's shoulders shook with guilt from thinking she had ruined her daughter's future. Though speculations Shin Eun-Ae was closer to the truth than she could have imagined.

---------

"Aera come and join us at the dining table to eat."

Cha Dae-Hyun heard the door open and saw his daughter walking in at 8 that night with a heavy look in her eyes. Her pale skin made Cha Aera appear more gaunt. Cha Hyun-ok got up to pull out a chair for her daughter as she waited with bated breath for the other to take the seat.

"Yes, Aera-ah the cook took special care to make your favorite dish. Marinated crab and kimchi stew with tofu."
Cha Aera saw the enormous array of food on the table but none of that seemed to move her tastebuds.

"I don't feel like eating anything, I'm tired and want to lay down."

Not waiting to hear what her parents had to say, Cha Aera took the flight of stairs that led to her room above. On entering, Cha Aera carelessly tossed her handbag on the floor before crashing on the spacious bed to stare into the empty space.

1