Chapter 27
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Secretary Hak, I'm not going to be at the office today, I have some important errand to attend. I'll see you on Monday."

"Yes, President Cha. I'll let the other team leaders know of your whereabouts and if anyone shows up asking about you."

After the phone call ended the cab driving Cha Aera stops outside a gated bungalow.

"Thanks mister, you can keep the change."

"That was kind of you young lady!"

Cha Aera alights from the cab and closes the door, with the speed of light the cab zooms off leaving Cha Aera standing in front of a closed gate.
------

RRRING BANG BANG

"Who could be at the door so early in the morning?!"

In house clothes, Shin Eun-Ae peeked through the camera screen and saw a woman that she's never met.

"Hello, who are you?"

"'Morning, I'm Cha Aera. Is this Ms. Shin Nari's house?"

"Yes, I'm Nari-ah's mother. How do you know my daughter?"

"Ms. Shin is my lover."

"..."

Shin Eun-Ae not knowing of the identity of the woman that her daughter went to meet, the former high society hostess/waitress was struck by how much her daughter had hidden from her. Shin Eun-Ae could tell that the woman standing outside was of exceptional beauty with a carriage that only those born into wealth would have since she herself had spent years serving people of that calibre.

"Wait right there, I'll come outside to unlock the gate for you."

"Thank you."

Heartbroken, Cha Aera could not force herself to give a social smile when her lover's mother came out to greet her, even though within her she knew that first impressions were the most important when meeting with in-laws.

1