Chapter 30
87 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day Cha Hyun-ok didn't notice her daughter slept outside until Jo Mi-seon brought it to her attention.

"Aera did not come home last night?! Did she call to say why?"

"No, Madam Cha. The young miss didn't phone the house, we all thought she went to work that morning."

"Why didn't you pay a closer eye on Aera?!!! If anything happens I will hold you accountable!"

Enraged by the incompetence of the head attendant, Cha Hyun-ok slaps her in the face.

"I'm sorry, Madam Cha. It will never repeat itself."

"Get out of my sight!!!!"

Cha Hyun-ok angrily storms off to make a phone call to Cha Aera as her suspicion began to grow when the phone call went straight to voicemail.

"The number you are dialing is not available...."

Frustrated, Cha Hyun-ok ends the call and picks up her bag, furiously matching all the way to her adversary's house.

The driver drops Cha Hyun-ok off who is then greeted by Shin Nari at the gate. 

"Hello....Cha Aera's mother, what brings you here?"

"Move out of my way!"

Cha Hyun-ok angrily pushes Shin Nari to the side and storms inside to face off with Shin Eun-Ae. The two women get into a fight and began pulling at each other's hair while their children tried to separate them only to be struck in their faces from one of the punches that was exchanged between the two.

"You crazy witch! How dare you send your daughter after my Aera!"

"My daughter is not any less than yours and if you can just get over yourself and open your eyes, you will see that is true!"

Unable to stand the fight between her mother and her lover's mother, Cha Aera went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife, aiming the blade at her neck.

"Mom! If you don't stop right now! I'm going to use this to slice my neck!"

"A-aera....please, put that down..."

Shin Nari held a hand to her mouth not expecting Cha Aera to be that daring. White in the face Shin Eun-Ae backed away from Cha Aera's mother, her hand began to tremble as tears ran down her face.


"How much could daughter-in-law have been suffering for her to resort to threatening her own mother with her life."

Cha Hyun-ok rubbed her palms together to plead with her daughter. Suddenly it struck Cha Hyun-ok right there that her daughter could end her life in a blink of an eye.

"Aera-ah, put the knife down. I...I will not get in your way anymore. Please put it down."

1