Chapter 4
276 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When class started, I could feel Alice's stare. 

Shouldn't she be paying attention in class?

"Shouldn't you be paying attention in class Alice?" I asked.

"You're right, thanks for reminding me." replied Alice.

Does she never pay attention to class?

"No problem." I said with a smile.

A light blush appeared on her cheeks, was she embarrassed? 

The teacher who's name was Endo was giving out instructions. 

We had to make a Seafood dish that is perfectly right for his tastes, despite us not knowing anything about what he likes. In order to pass, we had to get an A rating, if the dish isn't to his likes. We would immediately get an E rating, wasn't that too strict. 

Since we were to make Seafood, there were a lot of things she could make. The problem was Endo's taste, I wasn't sure if he was going to like the dish I make or not.

"Hey, relax. We just have to make an extremely good dish and pass." said Alice.

Jeez, she's really confident.

"But what if he doesn't like it?" I asked.

"He won't, because we'll make the best dish ever." stated Alice.

Seeing her determination, I couldn't argue. 

"Sure, but do you have any ideas what we should cook?" I asked.

"Nope, I was kind of hoping you would know. I'm not very good with seafood." said Alice.

"We'll make Pesto Salmon, do you know the ingredients?" I asked. 

"Nope." replied Alice.

I took out a piece of paper and wrote what we needed, she was to handle the sauce and I would cook the ingredients. 

A few minutes later, she came back with the sauces we needed.

"Thank you." I said.

It was time to get working. 

I took out a small bowl, spoon, and poured about 1 cup of basil leaves and stirred it. 

Taking out a large dish, I poured and stirred 4 cups of water with 3 tablespoons salt to make a salt water solution. Placing the fish in the water, we had to wait about 15 minutes.

Although we might be one of the last ones, our dish was going to be on time. 

"What's that white gooey stuff on the surface of the fish?" asked Alice. 

"That's albumin, it's perfectly normal. Although it is safe to eat, it would make the fish look less appetizing."

"All we need to do is lower the temperature." I said.

After baking the fish, we had to add the pesto. 

Adding pesto after the baking was important, it keeps it beautifully moist and bright green.

Alice was currently chopping toasted pine nuts and adding them, I couldn't help but be in awe.

Her skill wasn't to be doubted, finishing the last bit of adding lemon zests which helps brighten the flavor. 

It was time to combine everything, taking out the fish and placing it onto a large plate, I immediately started adding the seasonings.

This part was very crucial, I added the seasoning with tender movements in order to not mess up the where I want to place it. 

In a few moments, the Pesto Salmon was done. 

The aroma coming from the dish screamed delicious, I was happy.

"Miku, you should've told me you were this good. You're embarrassing me." said Alice.

"No, no. Your skill is better than me don't worry, your skills in utensils is extremely accurate. I could never do that." I replied.

"Hehe, I was joking. Being complimented by Miku does feel nice." said Alice.

I pouted,

"Hmpf, let's take our dish to the teacher." I replied.

I was nervous, though Alice reassured me it was going to be fine.

As the chef took a bite of it, my heart started racing.

He had red cheeks, steam coming out of his ears, and he was smiling.

"I'll give you an a rating, though I regret not being able to give you a higher rating." said Endo.

"We did it!" I said.

And just like that, class ended. Unknown to me that Alice also took a bite and moaned silently. 

.

.

.

I was currently walking through the hallways trying to find the dorm.

While I was looking at the map the staff gave me, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I said looking up.

She had red hair and reptile like eyes with hair covering her left eye. 

"It's fine." she said taking a look at my paper.

"Go down and turn left, then keep walking and you'll eventually reach the dorms." said the red haired girl.

"Thank you!" I replied and started running.

I was really going to be late, wait I forgot to ask her name!

Somehow, I encountered Soma on the way to the dorms.

"Soma, where're you going?" I asked.

"To the dorms." Soma said with a tired expression.

"Same, it's supposed to be here." I said.

The dorms came into view and it wasn't like anything we both thought it was.

It looked like an abandoned building, I shrugged it off, and carried my bag of ingredients towards the dorm. 

.

.

.

(??? POV)

"What's giving you that expression?" asked Tsukasa.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about the girl I encountered in the hallways." I replied.

"Oh, is she that good of a cook that she even had you interested?" joked Tsukasa. 

"Actually, I've never seen her cook. It was my first time encountering her." I said.

"Eh?" said Tsukasa.

"Yep." I said, it was the truth.

"Then I guess she must be one of the transfer students." said Tsukasa.

"Transfer students? There's transfer students in this generation?" I asked.

"Surprisingly enough, but what had you interested in her?" asked Tsukasa.

"Well, when she bumped into me. It was like a calm ocean wave crashed onto me, it was refreshing." I replied.

"A girl of the ocean?" asked Tsukasa.

"Who knows?" I asked as I closed my eyes.

This girl wasn't a girl of the ocean, she owned the entire sea.

The new generation sure is going to be interesting...

15