Chapter 10
171 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was the day of Soma and Ikumi.

Honestly, Miku didn't really need to see their match since she knew Soma would win. The students often doubted Soma because of his speech but his skill was real.

So why was Soma in her room asking for Miku's advice?

"Could you repeat that again please?" asked Miku.

"I'm a bit nervous, could you give me some advice?" asked Soma.

Miku didn't understand, but nevertheless she gave Soma some of her advice.

"Listen to the waves of the ocean, they will speak to you."

"What?"

"Become water, don't be mud. Be free, open your mind."

"Explain please?"

"I gave you my advice."

"I meant real advice."

"Real advice, I guess just treat it as a cook off between you and me."

"That wasn't an advice but thanks anyway!" said Soma leaving her room.

Did he really come into Miku's room at 8 in the morning just to ask for advice?

Setting the alarm for one hour, she went back to sleep.

Sleep and food was the best.

....

Waking up, Miku got dressed and quickly left the dorm for school.

When she entered the hallways of the school, there were a lot of talks about the battle between Nikumi and Don RS.

"I could only feel bad for the Don RS, getting into Nakiri Erina's crosshairs like that."

"Did you hear the news? They've changed the match up!"

When Miku walked pass by the boys, they stopped and smiled at her, but Miku didn't smile back.

There was no point in paying attention to people who would talk trash about one's cooking when their cooking is even worse.

Truly, they didn't deserve to even be in the academy.

She kept walking and listened to the gossip about the match up, it was quite amusing.

"See, Nikumi's facing off against the cocky transfer student, Yuikihira Soma!"

She smiled when she heard Soma's name being said, after all, her childhood friend was going to beat the "Meat Master."

With that thought, Miku entered the classroom as another day of class of her began.

Their teacher, Endo, began to talk.

"Today, we'll be doing something different." said Endo.

This got the students attention, though Miku was feeling a stare from her right.

Without even looking, she could tell who it was.

But they had to pay attention to the class so Miku didn't bother to look at her.

"We'll be doling an individual cooking competition."

"You each will be making a dish to satisfy my tastes, if you can't, you don't belong in this class."

The students shivered at what Endo said at the end, the look on his face said he wasn't kidding.

Though for Miku, she was glad, students with no cooking skills shouldn't be in this class. Yet she was also sad at the fact people would be expelled from this school that they worked so hard from.

A mental conflict between her mother's influence and her personality clashed unconsciously in her head.

The teacher didn't say anything else, Miku and Alice got the signal. They immediately went to the cabinets at the back of the class to grab ingredients, utensils, and sauces.

After Miku grabbed the ingredients, she made her way to the stove.

'If I remember my mother's schedule correctly, she should be in Korea right now." muttered Miku.

'I guess it's time for a korean dish.' thought Miku.

Organizing the ingredients she needed, she started focusing.

For the barbecue sauce, she combined all the ingredients in one bowl and seasoned it with pepper. Heating a tablespoon of oil, she added eggs and stirred for a minute until it was softly scrambled. After she finished that, she set it aside and moved onto the next ingredient.

Adding 2 tablespoons of oil with the chicken and sauce. She stirred for about 5-6 minutes until it was fully caramelised. Adding the last 2 remaining tablespoons of oil with chili, spring onion, cabbage and garlic. She stir fried it for about a minute until it was fragrant. Adding rice to the remaining barbecue sauce,she cooked and stirred for about a minute and a half to warm through.

Setting it on a stove, she set the fire to high and let it cook for about 6 minutes until the rice was crispy around the edges. After 6 minutes, she removed the heat and stirred through reserved chicken, egg and half the coriander.

While Miku was doing this, several students were watching her in awe. The calming yet overflowing waves filled Miku's movements, it was truly a sight to see.

Moving onto the final step, she moved everything into a bowl and served the toppings delicately.

Although it looked delicately, to the students, it was as a tsunami suddenly hit.

Everything came together perfectly, as if the tsunami washed everything away and created something new.

Thus, her dish, Korean Barbecue Chicken Fried Rice was finished.

The scent of her dish filled the room as some of the boys had nosebleeds as some girls felt something wet down there.

That was just how amazing her dish was.

Alice stared at the girl in awe and her dish, although her own dish was unique, the girl's dish next to her was great. Yet, she seemed unhappy but satisfied.

Miku nodded in satisfaction, yet something within her didn't feel right.

It was as if something terrible was going to happen.

And she was right...

She put her dish in front of the teacher and he took a bit out of it.

He nearly came due to the flavor of the dish and nodded in approval, "A, like mother like daughter."

Miku froze and stared at the man in front of her.

To her, she was now longer his teacher, he was someone who spoke of her mother.

Thoughts filled Miku's head.

How does he know of my mother?

Why does he speak of my mother so casually?

Who was he?

Miku switched to her cruel personality, it was developed due to her mother's influence to aim for the top. Her eyes turned cold as the atmosphere around her started to change.

She looked at the man in front of her dead in the eye and asked,

"Who are you to my mother?"

The man was surprised by the sudden change of the girl in front of him but answered.

"We've met before and she offered to teach me a few things in exchange for recipes." replied the man.

When Miku heard that, he was now her teacher.

Her eyes were now soft as the atmosphere around her were warm.

"I see, so you're just another tool." muttered Miku.

"What was that?" asked Endo.

"Nothing." replied Miku.

Miku walked out the door not caring about it anymore.

After all, whenever her mother would ask for a recipe, she would take it, use it, and make it better.

People were just a tool for her to get recipes and make them better, create new recipes, and even combine them.

"My mother only used you Endo-sensei." muttered Miku as she walked into the hallways.

She thought no one heard but a girl was now thinking, 'Just who is her mother?'

Seriously, who truly was her mother and her background?

But that didn't matter since we're going to move on to Soma's competition..

Miku happily went to her club room and started eating the extra bowl of korean barbecue rice she made.

8