Chapter 4: The whisper intensifies
7.9k 12 276
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some things might be wrong in this fiction 'cause I don't know everything about FATE. It's impossible to take everything into consideration when I write, so tell me if you find anything wrong. I'll try to fix it.

Also, romance is gonna be kinda slow in this one.

“Fuck. I forgot about her magical energy!”

Haruki recalled that Medea was about to disappear moments ago. Looking closer, Haruki found her doing just fine.

‘Should I transfer some od?’

The only way to transfer od, magical energy, was through bodily fluids aka either she drank his semen or he filled her with his semen. He wasn’t about to do either as blood also carried magic power. What's more, he had dragon blood in his veins, which should have plenty of mana.

'I hope she doesn't realize my race from my blood.'

As Haruki got up to bring his knife. Bzzzt. His phone vibrated. He picked it up to find notifications of dozens of emails.

11:56 - Senpai, I heard what happened to your mother. Please, hang in there until I'm free.

13:00 - Senpai, are you there?

13:50 - Haruki-senpai, please reply.

15:49 - Senpai?

Haruki rubbed his forehead in worry. Where did he go wrong with Sakura? He only saved her when the children were bullying her for her 'foreign violet' hair in the park. He didn’t realize she was Sakura until she introduced herself. She looked a lot different in her childhood.

As a proud weeb who consumed almost everything related to the FATE franchise, he preferred to stay the hell away from her fucked up family. Contrary to his wishes, she transferred to his school and started observing him from a distance, trailing him around the school. She had to be stopped before the anime laws turned her full yandere. So, with the intent to put an end to everything, Haruki approached his stalker.

Well, the meeting went quite wrong when she revealed the unpleasant things Zouken and Shinji's father did to her. Though he prided himself for knowing how twisted humans could get, seeing a little girl getting that brutal treatment still chilled his spine.

In selfish pity, he ended up becoming her only friend. As much as he wished to help her, he could do nothing other than beating Shinji up. Well, it was enough to stop him from violating Sakura though. Shinji will be his first target in this war. Shinji was no stronger than any average human, and he had no talent in magecraft. But he was the fake master of Rider with Sakura being the true one.

‘I hope this isn’t that route.’

He shuddered at the possibility. Heaven’s Feel. The only route where Sakura was made into the Lesser Grail, the tool to summon the Greater Grail. Yandere Sakura became unstoppable, slaughtering Servants left and right. The thought of Yandere Sakura chasing him sent shivers down his spine. His first goal was to prevent that from happening.

‘About goals…’

He hadn’t checked the ‘Tasks’ function of this System.

“Tasks.”

[Tasks]

-Task Creator: Create a new task.

-Active tasks: Lists active tasks.

Touching the ‘Active tasks’ brought nothing, so he tried the ‘Task Creator.’ It brought up another window, asking for a ‘Task.’

“Resurrect my mom through the Grail.”

Calculating rewards based on difficulty… Assessment complete.

Task #1: Resurrect my mom through the Grail.

Difficulty: A-Rank

Rewards: 3x Premium-Grade Gacha Coupons

The premium gacha coupons brought him back to his first experience with gacha games. They certainly made him an addict, well, for a week or so only.

‘Why Gacha though? Can’t you just reward me directly?’

The concept of Gacha was fishy.

Answer: I cannot do anything else as a Goddess of Luck… sorry, if a weak goddess like me disappointed you.

‘Weak? I never said that… you gave me the hope to bring back my mom. I was ready to sell my soul for it. How could you disappoint me?’

Answer: Thanks for your understanding.

She might be a good person deep down.

Bzzzt. His phone pleaded for his attention, which turned out to be another message from Sakura. He dialed her number, and she instantly picked up the call.

“I'm sorry, Senpai,” she apologized before he said anything. “I couldn't come to Okaa-san's funeral.”

“Don't mind that. What’s up with the messages? I was sleeping. You don’t need to worry about me.”

“Senpai, I’m coming over.”

Should he tell her about his participation in this war? She’ll come to know even if he doesn’t. She might go bonkers if he didn’t tell her.

"Okay. Come at dinner time.”

“Take care, Senpai,” she said and hung up the call.

Haruki observed Medea again. She still showed no signs of disappearing.

‘Did I see wrong?’

He shrugged and headed to the kitchen. He tucked the kitchen knife in his pocket and filled a glass with water. As he put the glass to his lips, a blow of cold wind caressed his neck.

“Haruki…”

The same whisper echoed.

‘Who the fuck?’

He turned around to find no one. Was it just his imagination again or some ghost was haunting him? The only person who died in his house was his mother.

‘It can’t be!’

He refused to believe the thought of his innocent mother haunting him. He moved out of the kitchen and the lights in the narrow corridor flickered as if some paranormal activity was about to happen.

Cold sweat covered his forehead. He may have superhuman strength, but he had no way to fight a ghost. He sure as hell wasn’t about to be killed by some random ghost. Not after he found some hope to revive his mother! He rushed upstairs to his room and shut the sliding door. This was the safest place against the ghosts. Heroic Spirits were way superior to some random ghosts.

The cold air coming from the window cooled his sweat. He sat before Medea and sighed.

‘That was scary.’

Medea still slept soundly. Haruki couldn’t feed her blood without uncovering her hood. He also couldn’t resist the curiosity about her look. Who wouldn’t be curious to see a waifu in real life. As he slowly pulled her hood soaked in blood, a pale face with long, sharp ears appeared. Despite the bloodstains on her cheeks, she looked as beautiful as a woman could get.

He shook his head. Jason was such an idiot for abandoning her.

Her beauty aside, he still needed to do something about her. As much as he sympathized with her tragic past, he had no intentions to be played to death by her, which she would undoubtedly do if he formed a contract with her. The broken assassin who conquered her heart in the canon was a different man. A serial killer with almost zero emotions. He couldn't be that guy, neither did he plan to be.

‘If only I had Asahi’s skills to woo women, this war would be a piece of cake.’

His brother would just go and seduce all the female servants and masters to his side. There would be no war if everyone was on the same side.

“Uh.” Medea’s face suddenly morphed as she squirmed.

Favorite if you liked it!

Was she having a nightmare?

276