Chapter 25: She is alive?
5k 10 236
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Semiramis and Medea both felt the surge of magical energy coming from Haruki. His eyes had taken a sharp glint, shaking them a little. Medea especially recognized this invisible pressure coming from him. It was the same presence she felt from the guardian of the golden fleece—a giant golden dragon.

‘Impossible...’

A dragon couldn't exist outside the Reverse side, the home of all the Divine Spirits and the phantasmal species.

‘Is he the result of a magecraft? Or a mixed-blood?’

Without proper information, her guesses flew in every direction.

Semiramis didn’t know Haruki’s race, but she sure as hell saw the change in Haruki’s presence.

Haruki suppressed his mana and smiled. The look of shock in his servants’ eyes made him chuckle.

“Did I scare you?”

“My master, you aren’t scary,” Semiramis said with a light giggle. “I completed the task you bestowed upon me. The ley line is under our control. It will reduce the burden on my master.”

Ley Lines—the spiritual lands which generated mana for the world. Fuyuki had four such locations. The Tohsaka household, Kotomine Church, Ryuudou temple, and Fuyuki Civic Center, where the Fourth Grail War was summoned.

Haruki had forgotten how good they could be.

“Good job.”

Semiramis curled up her lips. “I made everything clean. Shouldn’t you reward me for taking extra steps to erase evidence?”

“What do you want?”

What could he possibly give to the former empress?

“I want to know my master’s wish?”

The only thing that raised her curiosity. It was crucial knowing it so their wish doesn’t clash later.

“Resurrection of my mother.”

“Resurrection? That’s beyond the realms of True Magic. Pulling a soul out of Akasha can’t be achieved by this Grail, my master.”

Haruki froze for a second.

‘Arch.’

“Normally, yes. But your mother’s soul is already in this world, anchored to your home. You only need to prepare a compatible vessel for her. The easiest way is the Holy Grail.”

‘My home…’ his eyes widened. ‘The ghost I saw was Mom?’

“Yes… she had been observing you since her death.”

‘That’s…’

He didn’t know what to say. Instead, he looked around, hoping to catch a glimpse of her figure.

“Master?” Medea called, a hint of concern in her voice. She placed a hand on his shoulder. “About your mother… Her soul is still intact without any degradation.”

She promised Kaede to hide it from Haruki. Yet, she couldn’t see him losing hope, even for a second.

“You saw her?”

Medea nodded. “She appeared when you were sleeping…”

“Why is she hiding from me?”

“She doesn’t want you to see her like that. She wished for you to win and bring her back…”

Haruki took a sigh of relief. At least he could meet her before going through the war.

‘Arch, who is my mother?’

Before the incident, he didn’t know his mother was a magus. She was an unbelievable actor to pull one up on him for seventeen years. To give birth to him, a dragon, she must be someone special. As much as he loved his mother, being toyed around in someone’s hands didn’t sit well with him.

“She is a former mage of the Mage’s Association…”

‘That’s it?’

“I’m not the one you should be interrogating. You should ask her yourself.”

Her answer sounded like an excuse.

‘How many things are you hiding from me?’

“...A woman has many secrets.”

‘Fine. I’ll grab my mother for answers.’

Haruki looked at Semiramis. “Well, you heard Caster. It’s possible.”

“I guess your mother was a mage,” Semiramis mused. “Or a witch.”

“That, I don’t know. Neither do I care about that.”

“My master is a good son. I hope your mother is worth the effort.”

“She truly is,” he said. “Caster, how’s the progress?”

“I can finish it by evening.”

“Good. Start now. I’ll check Ryuudou Temple.”

“I won’t let you go alone.”

“I have Assassin with me.”

“That’s even worse. Let me come. I want to look at the Grail mechanism with my own eyes. It will only take an hour. Yes, only an hour. I will get to your job after that.”

Medea gave more and more excuses in a hurry. She didn’t want him to spend a single moment alone with Semiramis. The worries of Semiramis tempting Haruki clouded her rational thoughts. Something similar happened before. It all started with Jason casually talking with the princess and ended with him marrying her.

She wasn’t going to let history repeat itself!

Haruki raised his hand and put it on her head. “Your devotion sure is scary. Then again, it’s also what makes you charming.”

After realizing her feelings for Haruki, she couldn’t help but smile when Haruki acknowledged her as charming.

‘I’m hopeless…’

Semiramis looked at the two having a moment. She was always the center of attention wherever she went. Right now she was a side character for them. It gave her a bitter feeling, and more so when the one neglecting her was a man.

“Let’s go then.”

Semiramis employed her Presence Concealment. Medea cast ‘Shroud’ to envelop herself and Haruki in darkness. Wrapping him in her robe, she took off in the direction of the Ryuudou Temple.

“I don’t enjoy flying,” Semiramis grumbled and flew after them.

Favorite if you liked it!

236