Chapter 77: Soft side?
2.2k 7 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Kaede Oba-san is alive…?” Sakura muttered. It took her moments to recognize Kaede’s voice, but she couldn’t believe what was happening in front her. Her teary eyes darted around in search of Kaede. “Senpai, tell me… is she alive?”

Apart from Haruki, Kaede was the only one to treat her warmly. Kaede loved her more than her real mother, who had done nothing when her father delivered her at Zouken Matou’s hands as if she was a Christmas present.

“Her soul is,” Haruki agreed with a sigh. “We need the Grail to create a vessel for her.”

Haruki, with the knowledge from his ‘Evil Eater’ Noble Phantasm, and Medea, with her excellent magecraft knowledge, could technically create a vessel like the Servants if they gave their best efforts. Neither Haruki nor Kaede were satisfied with the method since the vessel would limit her potential as a Beast.

Holy Grail, with the infinite supply of magical energy, could create a vessel worthy of the Beast-class.

Meanwhile, Sakura felt a cold air wrapping her like the hands of her mother-like figure.

“Sakura-chan~, I’m a bad ghost possessing this house. I also changed the house with my magical powers!”

The voice boiled up Sakura’s emotions as droplets of absolute relief poured out of her eyes. Haruki walked up to her and stroked her hair until she calmed down. She still rested in his embrace with a big smile on her face.

Medea grabbed Semiramis’ long ear to stop her from interfering. Despite knowing Semiramis for a short time, Medea could tell what went in Semiramis’s head. The Empress wanted Haruki’s attention, and she’d go to crazy lengths to achieve her desires. Semiramis wasn’t any less crazy than Medea, who had scorched Jason’s family and his future wife for revenge.

Artoria was in the most awkward spot for being in the first-class seat for the heartwarming scene. Times like these made her recall fond memories of her ever-so-lively Knights of the Round Table and the mischievous Merlin.

“I got work to do, you know?” Haruki whispered in Sakura’s ears. “Rest up now, you won’t sleep tonight.”

Sakura’s face grew hot under his teasing, and she was grateful for the fact nobody saw her beet-red cheeks. Once her embarrassment settled down, she quietly stepped towards the lonely-looking Artoria.

Haruki chuckled and returned to the bed. Semiramis pouted as if her life depended on it. He just stayed silent, wondering what Semiramis was going to do. She leaned and laid her head on his lap.

‘Why did I do this?’ The former Empress of Assyria began to question her urges. ‘Am I under some spell?’

Haruki blinked his eyes at the uncharacteristic, spoiled behavior of Semiramis.

‘Is it just my imagination or Semi has become… like soft today?’

Both of them were questioning themselves while gazing into each other’s eyes.

“You keep calling her so affectionately,” Arch said, her voice devoid of any passion. “What did you expect?”

‘We’re talking about Semiramis? THE Semiramis who poisoned more men than my local cemetery can hold.’

“Wait.”

-Current Status — My master is admiring me… what do I do if he seriously wants to sleep with me? He is immune to my poison… I’m powerless.

-Relationship Status — 78/100

‘Seventy-eight? How?’

How did he reach ‘more than friends, less than lovers’ status with her so quickly? Did he have a secret skill for speedrun dating?

He stared at the woman who was so full of herself as if he was dying to sleep with her.

“You said you’ll rest with me.” Semiramis looked away, her cheeks on fire. “Master, where will you get the gems?” She quickly changed the topic.

“That is a secret.”

Medea crossed her arms smugly. “Not for me. I know Haruki-sama’s every secret.”

Sakura couldn’t completely comprehend the rivalry between Medea and Semiramis.

Artoria, who was at her wit’s end, walked up to Sakura. “You had violet hair last time. How did they change?”

“I dyed them…” she nodded her head and hushed her voice. “Haruki-senpai likes white hair.”

“Oh…” Artoria gave a bland response. “Did you notice something different in Master?”

“He is more expressive?”

Sakura watched Haruki toy with Semiramis’ ears while the latter writhed about in embarrassment. The person Sakura grew up with didn’t smile so often, perhaps to hide his happiness before her hardships.

‘It’s all over… Zouken is dead for good. Next is…’

Sakura couldn’t help but blush as she remembered the next phase of her relationship with Haruki.

Artoria got more confused when Sakura suddenly blushed as though she was in a daydream.

‘Everyone in this house is weird.’

She was subjected to such a warm environment before, thanks to Irisviel. Without that experience, she might have been on edge here. It reminded her of Irisviel’s warm interactions with her child. Frankly, she preferred this place over her last summoning place, where Kiritsugu made things difficult for everyone.

Artoria dispersed her magic armor, returning to her new and familiar dress.

“Master, are we going there?” Medea asked as she glued herself to Haruki’s side. “We’re more prepared this time.”

Haruki looked at Sakura, who wasn’t willing to step out of her delusions. Honestly, he wanted to spend more time with Sakura, but he had to go. He wouldn’t be getting stronger by sitting in a place.

“Yes, Artoria, you want to come?”

Haruki didn’t mind sharing the secret training ground with his new servant. Artoria, Excalibur, and Medea would dial down the clear time of any floor in the Land of Dead, which gave them more marbles to sell.

Artoria had no inkling of the mysterious place being talked about by Caster and her Master. Even then, she nodded resolutely. “I will accompany Master.”

Semiramis frowned in displeasure. “Master, you can’t take her. What if Gilgamesh showed up again? Artoria is our prime offense against him.”

“I’ll toast anyone who dared to step into my home,” came the voice of Haruki’s beloved mother. “Just… You can’t let anyone destroy the house… the house is my anchor.”

“I can’t rule out the possibility of Gilgamesh returning…” Haruki took a sigh. “Sorry, Artoria. You’ll have to stay here to protect the home.”

“I’ll do so.”

Semiramis clung to Haruki’s side, sandwiching his arm between her breasts. “Let me come, please, my master.”

Haruki gave up under her shameless requests. “…Fine.”

“Yay!” Semiramis pecked his cheeks out of pure happiness. “Let’s go!”

Semiramis was showing a different side. A far cry from her calculating behavior, coming straight from her heart. Haruki, frankly, wasn't ready to handle this cuteness.

Favorite if you liked it!

Join my Discord server | Patreon

127