Chapter 93: Boldness
1.7k 22 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We won’t fight them because we don’t need to fight them,” Haruki explained with his eyes closed. “I think they are unsatisfied with their current master, Angra Mainyu. If things work out, which I’m sure will, we might get two more servants.”

Nobunaga and Kagetora tried to talk in two out of three scenarios, instead of fighting them from the get-go. An odd decision from the chaotic battle junkies. And in the last scenario, Cu Chulainn provoked Kagetora into a battle. He didn’t hear the content of their conversation, but this could only be caused by some disagreement with Angra Mainyu.

Semiramis widened her eyes. “I’m sorry for rushing to the conclusion.”

Medea touched her forehead and sighed. “Haruki-sama and two more women…”

The sorcerer was having a little difficulty thinking about Haruki’s future harem, which was essentially her family.

‘I trust Haruki-sama’s judgment… but will he be able to keep control with so many beautiful women around him?’

Semiramis pinched Medea’s waist. “What got you so cold? Master won’t go to other women as long as we suck everything out of him.”

She slowly and seductively licked her lips, as if imagining the scenario. She wisely disguised her attempt to reassure Medea, and at the same time, revealed her desires for him.

Haruki rubbed the back of his head. He wasn’t sure of his libido at this point. “Medea, I got something for you.”

He asked Arch to bring out the newly acquired Noble Phantasm. The Pain Breaker Noble Phantasm materialized as a smaller version of Medea’s current staff. While Medea’s staff was worn down, the staff in Haruki’s hand shone with vibrance.

“Haruki-sama…” Medea slowly took the staff and inspected it from every angle.
“Where did you get this?”

“Don’t worry about that. Check if you can use the healing spell on this Noble Phantasm?”

Medea’s lily version was from before the time she got betrayed by Jason. Her love, despite being forced by Aphrodite, was pure. That same love materialized as the Pain Breaker Noble Phantasm. Haruki wasn’t sure if Medea could use it.

“Semi, give me your hand.”

Semiramis bashfully extended her hand, only to feel a prick. She hastily pulled back as Haruki’s scale cut her hand, bringing out blood.

“My master, you’re heartless to use my frail body as a test subject?”

“It had to be you, Semi. It had to be you.”

He seriously doubted he could cut his hand with his current stats, unless he went back to his room to retrieve his spear. Injuring Medea was never the option, so Semiramis had to tank the bullet for his curiosity.

Medea clenched her new staff. “May it become a world where no one can hurt others and no one can be hurt… Pain Breaker!”

A whirlpool of bright aura was created under her feet, and many bubbles spread around the kitchen. She raised the staff and gently waved it. Magical dust sprinkled from her staff and covered Semiramis. The former empress’ wound closed itself in a matter of moments.

“Wow, my pain is gone. Medea brought me to a world without pain and misery!”

Medea felt like slapping Semiramis’ grinning face. She didn’t choose the activation chant for the Noble Phantasm, otherwise, the verses would be grimmer.

“Medea will be the healer and ranged nuker of the party.” Haruki nodded. “Artoria will be a tank and damage dealer hybrid. Medusa and Cu Chulainn will be pure DPS. Emiya, well, he will do his own thing.”

Semiramis pointed at herself, doubt filling her eyes. “What about me? What role am I playing in the greatest Holy Grail War?”

“Well, you’ll sit on my lap and advise me.”

“As long as it’s within the exquisite chambers of my Hanging Gardens of Babylon.”

“It won’t be possible to make your Noble Phantasm in time.” Haruki shook his head. “Angra Mainyu won’t give us four or five days. We have to leave your Noble Phantasm out of our strategies.”

The fact that Angra Mainyu hadn’t sent servants to his doorstep was already a miracle. Nothing stopped Angra Mainyu from echoing the first hymn of the war. This silence only meant two things — Angra Mainyu orchestrated some machinations behind his back or Gilgamesh gave them some time to prepare. It was something the arrogant demigod would do out of increasing his entertainment value.

“Tsk. I understand,” Semiramis agreed, albeit reluctantly. Her greatest authority would go without making a magnificent appearance. It was a moment of disappointment. “My master, go before you disappoint me more.”

“You sulky little.” Haruki pulled her by her hand and gently smacked her ass. “Your Noble Phantasm will be helpful later on, trust me. You need to work on other tasks, like prepping the other servants for the offense. Well, if the materials come here, you can dedicate your time in creating your Noble Phantasm.”

He was in the dark about three enemy servants. That gave him no excuse to be unprepared in case of a sudden attack. Being prepared was far better than running around like headless chickens.

“My time has cometh to be your general. Medea, my beautiful friend, will you assist me?”

“I see no reason to reject your plea.”

“Thank you. Thank you.”

Haruki smiled at their surprisingly amicable relationship. Sakura got along with Medea and his mother. Medea got along with Sakura, Kaede, and Semiramis. His mother shared a family-like bond with Sakura and a somewhat good relationship with Medea. And Semiramis was friends with Medea, an acquaintance with Sakura, and a complete stranger with Kaede.

‘There won’t be much enmity between them.’

His harem life was set for now. The same couldn’t be said about his future lovers, however.

“I’ll go spar with Artoria then.”

A spar with Artoria might be fruitful. He might even get to know more about the Mana Burst Skill.

Medea smiled and rubbed her hands on her apron. “Don’t take too long. Breakfast will be ready soon.”

“Got it.”

Haruki exited the kitchen and walked down the hallways. The wind caressed his hair, indicating the presence of his beloved mother.

“Haru, come to your room. We need to talk.”

“Can it wait?”

“Of course… I’ll trap her in the meantime.”

“Trap who?”

“Haha, nothing. No need to worry about it. Enjoy your sparring session!”

Haruki put her suspicious acts behind her and opened the dojo’s door. The wooden floor stretched across an area more than twice the size of his academy’s dojo. In the center of this vast space, Artoria sat on her knees, eyes closed as if she were meditating. Her delicate face was worth admiring.

Still, Haruki didn’t feel like going crazy over her. Artoria was a little young for his taste even though she might be almost the same age as him. Her body stopped aging the day she pulled out Caliburn from the stone.

‘I kinda want to see her lancer version.’

“Ufufu.” Arch giggled, looking awfully happy for some reason. “You should have summoned her Lancer version then. Wait, this Holy Grail can’t do that!”

‘Fuck you.’

“Come to my room.”

Haruki blinked his eyes in succession. Arch became bolder after being treated as air for a night.

‘Sure. Bring me over to your room when I sleep.’

A long, awkward silence ensued. Arch may have used up all the courage in her invitation. Haruki shook his head. Silencing the Goddess of Dragons and Luck was a child’s play on his part.

 

Favorite if you liked it!

82