Chapter 3
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Perhaps forgaging was meant for Myrina, away from the backstabbing, blood, knives and death and just be as close to freedom and peace as much as possible. 

“Freedom and peace, huh.” She scoffed as she continued to gather mentha, a red star-shaped fruit she could use to make a potion that could replenish the blood of a wounded. After gathering the fruit, she proceeded to enter deeper into the forest, hoping to find more useable herbs she could use. Deeper into the forest, she found dittany, a pink-flowered mint, that when mixed with mentha could easily heal wounds and replenish strength in a second. 

Myrina never thought that her knowledge of medicine and potions she forced herself to learn in her youthful days would be beneficial. Then again, no one thought that this war could last this long and that Moldark would be able to rise so much in power that they had to hide in the corners. She sighed and picked up the secenios, a plant in which she could use both the basal leaves for instant growing of broken bones and the flower head as pain reliever and sleeping potion. Another use for the flower head is when mixed with dittany, it could neutralize almost any kind of potion. 

The quality of the herbs she gathered was a lot better than the ones that they buy in the black ‘’market. Now that she discovered this, they would never have to buy again and save the money that they have. When her satchel is full, she started walking back from where she came from, carefully observing her surroundings. She looked back feeling someone or something watching her. Myrina picked up her pace to exit the forest and when she was one step away from the field where she jumped, a sharp cold claw clamped her left foot, tripping her. Instead of shouting from the obvious pain, she swallowed it since she could attract more predator. Now that she's bleeding, her scent would easily be picked up different creatures in the forest. Ever since Moldark started his reign, dark creatures started venturing and hunting humans, taking shelter in deep dark forest. How could that ever slipped her mind?

“Not the vampires, please.” She quickly looked at her left foot and saw that an animal trap wounded her. “Okay, good, good. At least I know this is not poisoned. Oh, great the sun's going down.” 

Quick in her hands, she took out a smalk knife and started opening the latch of the trap. She just needs to do this again three more times and she could jump back to their guild where she could be safe and attend to her wounded leg. A snap sounded from the trap indicating that the latches are open. She just needs to pull her leg from the claws and she's done. As Myrina took a deep breath, she heard a rustling in the bushes in her right, a couple of steps away from her. She turned her head in that direction and saw two red vicious eyes- a vampire.

She had half a minute before the darknest completely engulf the field. She yanked her left foot freely from the trap, feeling her warm blood gushed from her leg. She grabbed her precious satchel and pulled it over her shoulder. Thankful to her adrenaline rush she was able to quickly stand up as she felt the vampire fast approaching her. With only one foot firm rooted to the ground she jumped. Myrina never felt grateful to the weird magical sensation she feels when she jumps as ever right that moment, especially when she saw the fangs of the vampire inches away from her.

Myrina felt her whole body collapse to the cold grass in front of their guild. She took several breathes before she felt the wound on her leg again.

“Myrina?” A voice behind her spoke. As tired as she was, she did not have any energy left in her body to go look behind. 

“What happened to you?!” Lucas was the owner of the voice. He crouched down and scanned Myrina's injury. 

“I'm fine. I was just a little bit careless,” Myrina stood up feeling all the pain in her leg. If she could just get to her room as soon as possible she will be able to fix herself up. She started walking to the backdoor of the guild when the it swung open and they heard voices of arguing, its probably another one of Lucian and Blayze against Merlin arguments.

“WE WERE SO CLOSE AND YOU JUST HAD TO INTERFERE!”

“You were close to being curse to death, Blayze. If I hadn't pull you in that jump you would have been killed.” Merlin stated calmly sitting in one of the love chairs as Lilah cleans up his wound on his arm. Myrina quietly entered the room, hoping no one would pay attention to her.

“But I'm alive right? I'm breathing.” Blayze reasoned and made Myrina roll her eyes. From what she heard, he probably did something stupid again that made Merlin had to use precautionary measures. This is exactly why this war is taking so long. Too many people are doing stupid things, sacrificing the lives of others and they would justify that that is all for the good.

“Myrina what happened to you?” Sybil asked, worry etched in her voice as everyone in the hall looked at her. Blayze was about to say something stupid again and so Myrina spoke.

“I was forgaging and I got caught in some traps but I'm fine. This is nothing I can handle. Merlin, I would like to talk to you. Just let me fix myself up a bit.” Myrina excused herself and headed quickly to her room. She sat on her bed and scattered the herbs and fruits she gathered. She took one dittany and cut the mentha in half. Since it was just a small wound, she figured she could save as much as she can for the others. Myrina grabbed the mortar and pestel on her bedside table and started grinding the two ingredients. Just as when she was about to finish mixing it, someone knock on her already slightly open door. She saw Lucian standing and gestured for him to come in.

“Can I help you with anything?” Lucian has always been like a puppy for her. Sweet and caring and yet sometimes she could not see that friend especially in times when she needs it the most. As much as she did not want herself to get involve with Lucain, she still consider him her best friend. She sighed and pointed to the second drawer of her bedside table. Lucain pulled out the bondage and handed it to Myrina. He took the mortar frok her started working on it. When the mixture was right enough to be applied, he scooped a palm sized amount and started applying it to her wound.

Before, they would had a lot of things to talk about, be it irrelevant or not, but now the room just felt cold and too awkward. There wasn't any tension but there wasn't any warmth either. She felt the wonders of the dittany essence and she knew that it will be another one of Lucian's talks.

“Myr, I'm really sorry for the way Blayze behave during the meeting.” Myrina thought that he really was sorry, then maybe he could've had at least said something. “I know that you just want to keep everyone safe and see the end of this battle but try to look at this at his point of view.” Of course, it will always be this conversation and Myrina had just had enough.

“Lucian, I'm thankful for your help but I really need to go now.” Same conversation and same excuses, well at least this time, she really has something to do.

“Oh, okay. Take care of yourself. You will always be my best friend, Myr.” As soon as Lucian left the room, Myrina all felt the sadness and longing for her best friend. She wanted to go back to the way they were before. Before all this war brought changes and chipped their relationship. Why did it have to happen to her? Why does it feel like she's fighting on her own against all the people in the world with no one to lean on? Why?

Myrina took a deep breath and composed herself. She left her room and saw Brienne standing in the hallway. “I really hope you patch things up with him.He misses you, you know. And he needs you.”

“Bri, the one one he needs is you and Blayze. Not me.” 

1