domestic – chapter 29 japanese viewfinder
675 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: Jesse

It has been such a long time since he was last stared at with such a gaze...

The atmosphere in the room suddenly became ambiguous.

So quiet.

Floating in the thin air was the refreshing shower scent from the man in front of him, it slowly entered Fu Zi Han's nostrils.

"I..." Fu Zi Han leaned in a bit closer.

They were so close, too close to the point he could even count each lash on the other man. The other man's thigh was very close to Du Yun Xiu's legs and even though there was clothing in between them, he could still feel Fu Zi Han's body heat...

Du Yun Xiu abruptly recoiled.

He bluntly put distance in between him and Fu Zi Han, his reaction was so sudden that it looked somewhat impolite.

Fu Zi Han looked at him and blinked his eyes in surprise.

The more the other acted so earnestly straightforward, the more Du Yun Xiu felt his reaction was quite rude and started to get embarrassed...

However.

There are things he really cannot let go.

"I especially brought over the herbal ointment to you." Fu Zi Han gave out a light chuckle as if whatever happened earlier had never been done, "My grandpa's friend is a Chinese medicine specialist; this herbal ointment is made by him. The recipe has been passed from their families ancestors through the generations. I have used it too and it's quite good."

Fu Zi Han said casually.

However, everyone in this circle knows that Elder Fu started his business from the underworld; he could even hoodwink the public during his heyday. Everyone also knew that his friends are people with highly admired reputations and are capable of many different things.

The Chinese medicine specialist that Fu Zi Han mentioned...must be someone that not any ordinary person would ever have a chance to meet.

A family ointment that was passed down many generations from such a renowned herbalist, how can it be only quite good? He said it as if it was nothing that special.

Fu Zi Han noticing that Du Yun Xiu was hesitating.

Fu Zi Han took the initiative to shove the ointment into the other person's hand, and said: "You treated me to a can of Pepsi and I handed you the ointment as a thank you, so we're even!" a slight smile appeared on the youth's face, "Rest early, we still have filming tomorrow."

Fu Zi Han first stood up and then lazily stretched his waist.

It would be impolite of him if he didn't stand up too, so Du Yun Xiu also stood up and waved the ointment in his hand, "Thank you. This is something an actor should not live without."

The two of them stared at each other and burst into laughter.

The special force sure enough only appears on TV.

Du Yun Xiu saw Fu Zi Han to the door.

The other party had always been very well behaved. It was this type of young person who spreads such a rare and inadvertently pleasing atmosphere; having those amber eyes with that exotic pronunciation, it is very impressive.

Du Yun Xiu had to admit that he also was kind of interested in the other man, like a senior towards a junior...

"Ah right." Just when he was a few steps out of the room, Fu Zi Han suddenly turned around with bright eyes, looked Du Yun Xiu in the eyes and said: "Actually...I wanted to personally help you apply the ointment."

Du Yun Xiu was caught by surprise.

He did not have time to digest those words.

The other man turned as hummed a song, it seemed like he is in a very good mood as he went back to his own room...

*** *** ***

Du Yun Xiu knows that he is not an expert in the love field.

Although he has an appearance of a young man, inside he is not...he is not a hot blooded youth and he is definitely not a courageous calf that does not fear a tiger.

The way of thinking of the princelings: Fu Zi Han and Li Xiao.

He does not know...and does not wish to know.

The next few days Du Yun Xiu had been trying to avoid the other man, he had been trying to get out of having any contact with him as much as possible. Fu Zi Han also acted like nothing happened that night, never once mentioned it and he still maintained his polite image at the studio.

Regarding Fu Zi Han's powerful family background.

Even if Fu Zi Han had never once talked about it, other people also had their own way of getting information so they knew it very well.

Other people would not try to flatter him, nor take the initiative to offend him. Plus, Fu Zi Han appeared to be a well-mannered person. He is a handsome young boy who not only is cool looking and pleasing to the eyes, he even gets along well with other people; so everyone's impression of him was very good.

The more Du Yun Xiu saw the other man being welcomed by all, the more he tried to avert the other man...

The first part of the drama had just finished filming.

They planned to fly to Japan to film the next part.

In China, Fu Zi Han had control over the media.

Since Japan is beyond Glorious Crown's reach and Japanese journalist would not feel threatened concerning Glorious Crown's power and reputation, they wantonly sought after Fu Zi Han.

They were more interested in --- Yun Xiu, the actor in 《The Legacy》 since he had caused the female Japanese fans to go crazy!

When the filming crew exited the airport, there were more than two hundred Japanese fans waiting outside.

Each of the fans were holding a KT board with Yun Xiu's picture on it, shouting in awkward Chinese "Yun Xiu---", waving their hands trying to capture his picture or take a video with their phone!

The fans came to the airport to see Yun Xiu.

But that had affected the people passing by and the filming crew; they were all surrounded by fans, unable to get through. Finally they had to ask the airport security for help by forcibly separating the fans from them, only then could the crew successfully make their way out of the airport.

"...I didn't expect you to have such a huge number of fans."

What happened earlier with the fans came as a surprise to him, but Fu Zi Han still made that remark with a smile after he had settled in the business car that was sent by the Japanese branch to pick them up.

Du Yun Xiu glanced in the other man's direction and gazed lightly at him.

Fu Zi Han did not say another word.

The next scenes were to be shot in Hokkaido.

The scene he encountered was beautiful, charming and extremely picturesque, because of the snow it looked as if the whole sky was painted white.

But Du Yun Xiu did not have time to admire such scenery.

Once he arrived at the hotel he found out that due to his assistant's negligence, his two pieces of luggage were missing. His wallet, ID card and bank card were in them!

In other words, he had become a penniless man in Japan.

Even if his friends in the country were to send over some remittances, or help him with redoing the ID card, it would still take several days!

His assistant this time was a rookie.

He had not even started to reprimand her and the girl had been crying nonstop. After seeing the girl crying in front of him, Du Yun Xiu did not have the heart to scold her, so he thought of possibly borrowing money from other people.

After all, he really could not live without money while filming in Japan.

He told his assistant his idea.

"Wait for me." The assistant quickly went inside the room and came out with an empty jar and a piece of paper with the following message:

"Help!!! I'm Du Yun Xiu. I've lost all of my luggage, please help!"

She even inscribed a chibi to fill in the blank space.

The white paper was placed inside the glass jar, so everyone could clearly read those words.

"Let's use this method! Instead of asking people to lend you money, just put this jar in a public place where everyone can see it!" The little assistant felt that her method is a very smart move.

Du Yun Xiu felt like his head was spinning in a circle.

...put it in a public place for everyone to see? Such a shameful thing...

Du Yun Xiu just helplessly shook his head.

But this kind of crazy idea seemed to work out really well.

After one day, the empty glass jar was filled with yen coins {Japanese currency} from other people, Du Yun Xiu was left speechless.

There were some large coins inside the jar, the little assistant said in a dreamy tone, "Young master Fu donated those and he said good luck..."

Du Yun Xiu did not like to be in debt to anyone.

But a few days later, the cash that had been donated ran out and the domestic money had not arrived; Du Yun Xiu gave it some thoughts and then decided to put his pride away and look for Fu Zi Han to borrow some money.

As the result, the other man was not only very happy about it, but he also took advantage of his free time from the filming to ask Du Yun Xiu to accompany him for a walk outside as a favor.

*** *** ***

The street after the snow seemed like it was being covered in a silver snow flower. The air was so cold as it penetrated through their layers of clothes, it gave them chills.

Du Yun Xiu accompanied Fu Zi Han as the two slowly walked on the street.

Earlier this morning, they had been shooting scenes in the area.

This place was actually a small peaceful town covered in white snow, red lanterns were hung up on both sides of the street creating two beautiful rows of light.

Shops lining up one after another, the neon lights lit up emitted their glow into the white night.

The banner on top of each store still had some traces of old style culture, such as the image of a Japanese geisha, or a simple one like the name of the store written in big and versatile calligraphy...

There were some middle age women dressed in complex and wide belt kimono standing outside of the shop to attract the guests...

Du Yun Xiu followed Fu Zi Han going from one street to another.

Although their fan base here was not as huge as in their motherland, with just their looks and temperament, it was more than enough to attract many stares from the people passing by.

Especially when two handsome young man with completely opposite temperaments were walking together side by side.

"This place is not bad." Fu Zi Han commented.

This place held a very special moment in the drama.

At this part in the drama, Fu Zi Han and Du Yun Xiu have become really close to each other. They drink sake together while in the hot spring, have a snow fight with each other and make fun of each other. One cannot forget the most important moment that took place in the vicinity of the temple, on a board with a faint wood fragrance, they wrote their vow: "To be each other's lifetime brother!" They felt this made them look so hypocritical and then laughed loudly.

However, it is also at this place.

That a blast separated the two of them.

The explosion originally was meant for Fu Zi Han. However, the previous night, Fu Zi Han was out playing the whole night and caught a cold and he could not reschedule his appointment. So Du Yun Xiu went in his place to deliver the package and the result was...

A violent explosion was heard; thick smoke covered the vision...

Someone was screaming outside, while someone said "it's terrible".

A sick Fu Zi Han also felt an ominous omen, but he really did not know that after asking to be lifetime brothers he had already...

Du Yun Xiu remembered the plot of that mornings shoot and he could not help but feel a little emotional.

Suddenly, his foot slipped and he lost his balance...Du Yun Xiu just thought that he must have lost his footing, but what happened next was very quick.

Following his fall was a strong eruption.

After the eruption, bricks and decorations started crashing down from the overhead shops and smashed as they hit the ground!

This incident was too sudden!

Du Yun Xiu did not even have time to prepare himself, the only thing he could think of at the moment was --- Japan is a country with a high incidence of earthquakes.

The ground was moving as if everything had lost its gravity; it was as if the surface were about to crack open.

All the tall buildings on the street kept crashing down at a continuous rate, it was very dangerous; while Du Yun Xiu was still in his stupor, Fu Zi Han's survival instincts kicked in and he ran a dozen meters away. When he turned back to take a look, Du Yun Xiu still hadn't escaped from the dangerous area.

"Run! Hurry---!"

Fu Zi Han turned his head and shouted loudly at Du Yun Xiu, his face was filled with worry!

Du Yun Xiu finally reacted and was about to run ---

The ground under his feet erupted violently; an unknown strange feeling suddenly appeared in his heart.

Du Yun Xiu watched as the ground under his feet cracked open revealing a dark hole, it seemed like it could swallow him whole...

Everything on the ground continued to fall or to roll off into that opened crack...

The crack was getting bigger and it appeared to be opening even faster!

Over a dozen meters away Fu Zi Han desperately and loudly urged him to run.

---

End of Chapter 29

2