Chapter 33 Ruins and Golems
149 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Demon continent Alsace in the year 237 in the 8-month Mogum on the 27th day after the shattering of the empire.

 

 

She could feel more tremors in the ground, which suggested more golems approaching her position. Since she was already surrounded by three golems, she wanted to avoid being further surrounded by more golems. She still had one way free, through it she quickly retreated. Already, further ahead of her, came another golem from another side street. What forced her to turn again, always closely followed by the other golems, which got more and more reinforcements by the always new coming golems.

 

Soon a whole horde of golems followed her, without even a sign that they would soon be shaken off. As she could see, the golems had to be talking to each other, because they were clearly planning to drive her into the center of town. Over and over again, golems emerged from side streets or squares to prevent them from breaking out. Also, the golems always kept the same distance from her. By the trembling of the ground, she could feel that in the parallel streets a similar horde was running. Fortunately for her, the golems were anxious for her to reach the center of town, so no one stood in her way.

 

She thought hard about how she would get out of this situation, what were her options. She didn't think she had a good chance against the horde of golems since it took her too long to kill one, but she could attack the others and the golem she attacked could recover. It was also questionable whether she could focus her attacks on one golem alone, or would she be caught in a defensive battle that she would probably lose in the end.

 

Even though the ruins and the golems had piqued her interest, she certainly wasn't going to lay down her life for them. A slight tremor ran through her at these thoughts. She had already noticed that, in contrast to her old life, she was much more cautious, if that was possible. As this situation showed, she was not careful enough and would have to be even more careful in the future not to end up in a situation similar to this one again. The one golem had not been a problem and all the other golems that were after her were no higher level than that golem and the Arjkakharda. Nevertheless, they were there in masses and she was only alone, magic and body art would not help her, at least not yet one day, perhaps now she had to see that she survived. The golems started to throw stones at her and shoot her with arcane projectiles.

 

She rushed to a large square where golems had already lined up across from her. Every other entrance was sparred by golems and further on she could see behind them as they slowly approached the center of the city.

 

The square was about five hundred meters in diameter, not much remained of its former glory, nor was there any vegetation to be seen. What could be seen, however, were traces of heavy footsteps, which had walked over and over again across the paved floor of the square.

 

She let her eyes wander over the square, looking for a way out, slowly gripped by panic after the initial shock of discovering golems had passed from her. In the fight against the Hangistkata, she had been much calmer, since she had the forest to hide in, here where should she hide? Faster and faster her headshot from one to another since already the golems were coming towards her and closing a tighter and tighter circle around her. She could feel her basilisk blood starting to surge inside her and unusually start to fight against her.

 

Great, not only am I surrounded by golems, now my basilisk blood wants to take control.

 

Something she didn't like, not at all. She didn't like it when she loses control and her body doesn't act the way she wants it to. Like after her level ascensions or even during her level ascension where she had simply ascended in place of one, two levels. A riddle to which she still had not found a solution and as it looked at the moment, would not find one if she did not do something quickly. Only what was the question, it was now to keep a cool head and not to be steered by emotions and also not by her basilisk blood.

 

She closed her eyes and concentrated on what she knew about golems and what she could find out about the ruins so far. What could she use and what would help her in a fight against so many golems? Add to that the question of what all she could muster personally? What kind of magic, what body art method was useful here at all, and could she intervene in the construct of all golems as she had succeeded in doing with her first golem.

 

For the outside world, not even a second had passed when she already opened her eyes again and went into attack. Magic flared up around her and body art runes materialized on her skin. In the next instant, she was in front of the line of golems coming at her. Magic and projectiles accelerated by telekinesis slammed into the golems around her. Already she had broken through and was on her way, the golems behind her enveloped in a hail of bullets from magic and non-magical projectiles, tripping over their own feet, which had sunk into the ground or frozen in place. Already she was at the next lone golem coming down the street toward her. She catapulted it into one of the houses next to the street, even though she had hoped that it would fly a little farther than just one house. Golems were heavy, though, and therefore even harder to throw. The golems further down started to go from a jog to a sprint. So they could clearly move faster than they had shown up to that point. Behind her, she could already hear the golems stomping or rather running behind her like their colleagues before her. Without further ado, she turned into the destroyed house, where the golem was still busy picking itself up and freeing itself from all the debris and fauna that had landed on it.

 

On the other side, she burst out of an overgrown door and into the arms of more golems, not as many as in the square, but still five, which was four more than she had defeated alone so far. But even with these, she did not want to stay longer, even if they saw it a little differently, which was to be seen in the fact that they immediately started a coordinated attack on her. But she was a little too small and a little too nimble, and she could see a little into the future, at least as far as the construct, which served the golem as a soul, needed to find a suitable reaction and to react with it.

 

So she danced through the blows of the golems, dodged, just make out other again directed them into the blows or bodies of other golems, until she finally stood behind the five. Which stood there like statues and moved no more, also the construct in them had come to a standstill.

 

She allowed herself a satisfied smile, which was interrupted by the tremors of the earth, as behind her further golems stormed along the street. Already she was on her way back out of town. Fortunately for her, golems also seemed to be influenced by her basilisk gaze. It also seemed that the golems didn't break through the houses to her, but stuck to the streets. Just on the edge of her senses, she could see the golems petrified by her gaze come back to life.

 

Interesting so my basilisk gaze only has a temporal effect on golems, is it because they are not really living creatures?

 

She would have to answer that question at another time. She wanted to try something because she could already see how from the square in front of her golems were about to turn into a street to cut off her way. She disappeared into the nearest house, careful not to do any damage.

 

Where she had to stop first so that her eyes could get used to the total darkness that reigned in the house overgrown with plants. Her senses were already informing her about everything inside the house and also about what was happening outside. More and more golems stopped in front of the house she was hiding in, but none came in and she could not yet perceive any golem on the other side. Excited by this simple experiment, she set out to leave the house with bones in the basement.

 

On the street, she quickly looked around to the left and right, but could not see any golems yet, so she immediately set out to get out of the city again. What should succeed in the direction, from where she had originally entered the city. She changed a few times from the street into the houses and again and again, it was the same picture, it were houses, which were gnawed by time and had been reclaimed by nature.  In their cellars or empty rooms were skeletons of demons, as she had to assume, lay. Some of them had an enormous core in the middle of the chest much larger than any core he had seen from any monster or demon.

 

Now and then she could see golems passing by a house where she was hiding. They never seemed to notice her, only when she showed herself did the golems react at all, otherwise, they did not. Neither when she observed them with her senses or her eyes, as long as they did not see her, they did not do anything against her. Furthermore, she could observe how more and more golems were drawn to a position where she was seen by one of the golems or let herself be seen to clear another street.

 

The sun was already quite low when she fled from the last house into the forest, only when she was behind a tree and made sure that none of the golems were following her did she let out a sigh with which she slid down the tree until she was sitting on the seat of her pants and watching through the roof of the tree the stars that were tentatively beginning to appear in the evening sky.

 

Burnt out and exhausted, she sat for a few minutes, during which she reviewed the day's events and let them sink in. After a few more minutes of just sitting under the tree and looking at the stars, she set off for her momentary home. She made up her mind that she would explore the ruins in the next few days and that she would do the same with the golem. Only she had to defeat them all in a fight first, which would be good training, finally, she had found a robust opponent on which she could cut her teeth. Even if today had already demanded everything of her and she had the feeling that she had had a lot of luck.  With a smile and a day full of experiences, she continued on her way, always accompanied by a red star in the sky.

6