Chapter 37 Golem Forge
120 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Demon continent Alsace in the year 237 in the 9-month Lilithum on the 31st day after the Shattering of the Empire

 

She had spent the last few days trying to decipher more of the golem's runes. In which she had succeeded more and more, at the expense of the trees around her, on whose bark she had painted various mandalas. Of course, she had not only deciphered the runes on the golem but had also experimented with the individual mandalas and runes.

As she had to learn, the body of the golem was many times more complex than the armor it wore. The core she had removed from the golem's body in her first battle with it was something fascinating. For it contained another core, which contained the runes that were the construct that served as the golem's soul. To get to this core, however, she had had to fiddle with it for several days until she had been able to open the outer core and reach the smaller inner core. After that, she had to decipher the runes that encoded it, which had also taken her several days. Only by being able to write down the runes and see what they were doing, she was able to find out what they were doing at all.

So today a completely disassembled golem lay before her, the body had only been made of simple clay, in which one had hidden a metal skeleton of the same metal, from which also the armor had been made. Now it was time to reassemble the golem and see what it was doing since she had found instructions in the dead construct of the golem to return to a gathering point.

She had decoded the construct with a psionic trick, a trick by which she usually fooled other psions or mages of the mind into thinking they had entered a mind, just so she could enter their minds more easily.
Simulating a mind was something easy for her since she always does it, similar to how some people played chess against themselves, she fought against her own mind and defended herself against her own mind. As she usually created fake minds, she had copied the construct and made it work.

At first, some areas of the construct lit up and it had taken her some time to identify it. It was the interface between the construct and the body and the construct could not find a body. It could not overlook this flaw in the system and therefore did nothing but report to itself that it had nobody and therefore could not receive any feedback.

So she had to simulate a body, in addition to the construct, to get over this little problem. However, until she had gotten the construct to accept the simulated body as its own, she had also had to spend some time. But this had also succeeded in the end and she had been able to see how the mind of a golem worked. Through her attempts to simulate a body for the interface, she had also figured out some runes that were responsible for certain commands in the construct. Commands like that the arm should turn or point in this and that direction and again what if the arm has a fault or the construct detects a fault. This knowledge she had found out over the days for all areas of the body after she had found out each area that was responsible for that part within the construct, she had started to pose problems to the golem, or at least she wanted to. But until she had created a world in which the mental golem could interact with it, it again took several days in which she could not sleep, because she did not want to start all over again.

In this part of her research, she had drawn on her experience in illusions, in which she had allowed many a mind to fall or had directly fooled her opponents. Here she had also used some illusion magic to create a visual image, not that she really needed it but she saw it as a kind of training to improve her skills in this area. Whatever she had probably done, it was hard for her to assess how good she was. Since it was not a real living being in her world, but only a mind simulated by her with her mind, which lives in a world simulated by her, and the illusion, which she had created, was only useful for her and not to confuse anyone.

In the end, however, she had tested everything as far as she thought it was possible, and when she could not open up any new areas of the construct and tell which parts of the construct were responsible for what, she had begun to simulate the golem's armor and put him into combat situations with it. She wanted to find out as much as possible about the golems so that she could face them better prepared.

Which brought her to today, where she wanted to reassemble the golem so that it could show her the way to its destination, as she was hoping for more information and also hoping that she could find some more of this metal or even how to make it herself at a later time. This is why she set about reassembling the golem she had crushed. It didn't take her long to get it standing on its two legs again, and the rest of the golem was back in its original place. It didn't take her long to get it standing on its two legs again, and the rest of the golem was back in its original place. Only the hole in the middle of his chest was still visible and into this, she now pushed the core, which she had taken out.
Because she was still touching the core, she could see into the construct, although it was still without energy. This was important so that she could take herself out of the perception of the construct, while it connected with its body and began to perceive the environment around itself. Having succeeded in this, she took a few meters distance to see how the golem would proceed from here.

The golem seemed to scan its surroundings, after which it aligned itself with an internal compass and ran off in the direction of the city. She always close on his heels so as not to lose sight of him, still being in his mind and preventing him from noticing her. Soon they had reached the foothills of the city and after only a few minutes they had disappeared into the branching street network of the city.

The golem walked purposefully towards the center of the city and she had to hide more and more often in order not to be seen by other golems. The closer they came to the center of the city, the more golems with armor appeared on the scene, with which she had to be even more careful than with the others, so as not to be discovered by them. Somehow she made it through the dense network of golems and was in the inner part of the city, which she had entered only once before, and even then only fleetingly.

When she added this new part to her mental map, she saw that she was not quite in the middle, but a little off, though not much. There were hardly any golems running around here, and after only a few minutes, the golem she had repaired and she were the only beings in this part of the city that were moving at all. Everything else was silent and not even a breeze passed through the streets.

The vibrations produced by the golem in front of her were gradually joined by another and stronger vibration and they seemed to be heading straight for them. The closer they got to this new source, the more she could feel that it was not one, but many tremors, all occurring at the same time. After only a few minutes, during which the vibrations became stronger, she could already see a building that was different from the others in that it was not overgrown with plants and that it was lit by flickering fires and black smoke was rising from large chimneys towards the sky.

Only hesitantly she followed her golem into the forge, as she assumed or production workshop always makes sure that she was seen by nothing and no one. In the forge there was a heat, which made the floor in a few meters in front of her shimmer, despite the various pieces of armor hanging on the wall was the other side still diligently making more with golems, which seemed to be made exactly for this purpose, continued her golem. Without interruptions the golems worked, making armor and weapons for themselves and their comrades, but as she could see, some golems were busy making armor for demons. Not that she knew just why the golems were making armor, because as far as she knew, there were no demons or other living creatures in this city or within a larger radius. Already she was proven wrong when she heard voices ahead of her.

"Where did this golem come from now, I thought we had found all the golems?" It was a voice that was familiar to her, even if she couldn't tell exactly from where she knew the voice. Slowly walking towards the discussing voices, careful not to make any noise, which shouldn't matter with all this noise, she crept towards a wall around which her golem had disappeared.

Even before she reached the wall, she could hardly believe her senses and had to see it again with her own eyes. When she peeked around the corner she could see two rats about a 5 foot 2, as she knew them from the sewers of the cities. Behind these two, she could see several more rats forging armor and weapons for rats, separate from the golems. And there were thousands of them almost, no, a whole army of them. And there were thousands of them almost, no, a whole army of them. Between the forging rats, other rats were running back and forth taking away the weapons and armor parts, others were bringing them food, water, or new forging materials or being relieved by these rats.

"Something is wrong with this one, he should have armor and according to the computer core records the city lost him in their last battle." The other rat interrupted the one talking rat, like the other rat it too had a small ball in its hand which it waved back and forth. "Never mind that way we have another golem."
She would have to look around and make sure she didn't get caught, because she really wanted to know what the rats were doing with her golem and the other golems, and what they were making all that armor for, which obviously wasn't meant for them.

5