Chapter 47 The Larrua and their priests
99 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone here is Friday's chapter. I hope you all had a good weekend and tomorrow's chapter should be up about the same time as today because I have some family visiting.

But why there was no chapter on Friday was because I had a little side effect from the vaccination against COVID.

Luckily I have recovered from the vaccination.

Enjoy the chapter.

 

 

 

Demon continent Alsace in the year 237 in the 10-month Asmodum on the 5th day after the shattering of the empire

 

 

A certain routine had set in, in which the two groups interacted with each other. The rats took care of everything that had to do with food and the like, and she kept herself busy freeing Diva from her prison. Even though she couldn't shake the doubts that it might be a bad idea to unleash a god on the world. Not that she was any closer to a solution, at least she had learned some new runes. The usefulness of which she still had to test, but still, it was more knowledge. Which she realized had a calming effect on her and took away some of the tension.

 

Deep down, she could feel the embers of her old desires being rekindled and she felt a hunger that was all too familiar. I thought that I had been spared the blessing of Albia in this life. But when she looked inside and listened, she could see and hear it.

 

A small fire burning inside her with an ever-increasing hunger, which she knew could only be satisfied by one thing. Through knowledge and more and more knowledge. I had really hoped that I would never have to feel this feeling again. But the three sisters seem to have a different plan and want to torment me with this hunger in this life as well.

 

Her thoughts turned for some time around this new old problem of hers, which did not allow her to concentrate further on the runes on the rings. So she set about passing the time a little differently.

 

She continued to train her handling of arcane energy, not in front of the rats, of course, who did not call themselves rats, but Larrua. She had relied on the peace between herself and the Larrua to leave Divas' prison cave.

 

It felt good to be back on the surface after all that time underground, Lerna had accompanied her without wasting time. After a somewhat longer run through corridors, which were meanwhile illuminated by torches and magical lights, they had arrived back at the surface.

 

The way had not seemed so far to her during her descent into the depths of Arcana. But as she and Lerna began their ascent from the depths and overcame it, she found that it was a daunting distance. Something she should keep in mind when it came to fighting the Larrua, because it would take quite a bit of time for reinforcements to arrive.

 

At least now she could tell exactly how long it would take approximately and how much reinforcements she should expect. Where before she could only estimate, now she had an exact idea. In her absence, the rats could make a pilgrimage to their deity without disturbing her. A thing that she had stopped when it had started because all the praying and singing had disturbed her.

 

But now the Larrua could follow this urge without disturbing her and thus slowing down the liberation of their god. So something good for both sides and she still didn't know if it was such a good idea to free Diva. First, she wanted to know all the Runes and then disable the ones that forbade Diva to tell the truth. After that, she wanted to see if and how she would continue.

 

She had overheard some of the Larrua, actually all of them, because the cave in which Diva's prison was located had a tremendous reverberation that made not overhearing almost impossible. Said Larrua had talked about a building in the city, in which there was nothing but books, they had said records, not really books, but she hoped they were, or at least scrolls.

 

Only she had to find said building first, a thing that was easy for the Larrua since they had inhabited the city for some time, but not so easy for her. Despite that, she had a mental map of the city and all the neighborhoods she checked.

 

"That shouldn't be a problem though, right?" Lerna just looked at her, unable to tell what the snake thought of it. With a sigh she set about searching the city for said building, possibly she would find some Larrua who could show her how to get to said building.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Eder the priest of Diva in the Larrua city of Ahaztuta on the continent of Alsace in the 10-month the 5-day of the year 987.

 

He had learned much from the Great Creator and also from the Little King. Who worked to free Diva their creator deity. He did not know why, but he did not want to fall under the gaze of the Little King again. The one time had been enough for him.

 

Nevertheless, they could not let the little king roam through their city without an observer, who knew what he would discover. Which was the reason that he had sent observers after the little king. They would report everything to him afterwards and he hoped that he would learn something more about the little king. Something that would let him understand why this one helped their creation deity.

 

The other priests were not enthusiastic about his concerns, they all saw nothing wrong in it. Gods helping each other, something they considered as normal as when Larrua did it among themselves. Only the little king was not someone to be underestimated.

 

The whispering of the believers behind him encouraged him in his efforts to obtain for them the best protection he could. When the group came to a fork in the road, from which Diva's prison was already visible, he noticed the flickering light from the right tunnel.

 

"Please go ahead, I want to make sure we haven't left anyone behind." The pilgrims, who had come from all over to see their creator deity, walked past him without making a fuss. He counted everyone who passed him to be sure that no one was lost. There were many corridors in which a pilgrim could get lost, let alone a Larrua who lived in this city.

 

Nevertheless, he turned once again to the right corridor only to see that whoever was walking along it was getting farther and farther away from the group and Diva.

 

Giving in to his worry, he also ran down the corridor after the last pilgrim had passed him. With a magic light in his hand, which were placed in easy-to-reach wall mounts in the tunnels they used, he set out to track the lost Larrua.

 

He did not want anyone to get lost or die under his care, he would know how to prevent that.

 

So he followed the torchlight which had almost disappeared from his sight. "Hello stop!!!" He shouted several times but the Larrua did not seem to hear him, so he quickened his steps. Careful not to slip on the wet, rubble-strewn ground.

 

Already he could hear scraps of conversation, all thanks to a wind that carried the spoken words to him down the hallway. Otherwise, he probably would not have heard them. He could not yet make out what the Larrua were talking about, he was still too far away. But he could make out shadowy outlines, all standing around the torch.

 

But something was wrong with some of the figures, the robes worn by two of the people standing there. Where in the color of the priests, but what were his two brothers in faith doing here in this dark tunnel? He slowed down, an inner voice told him that he didn't want to be here, but he kept walking. He wanted to know what this secret meeting was all about.

 

The closer he got to the meeting, the more he realized that the other figures could not be Larrua, they were too big for that. But why did his brothers meet with children of the gods? What could be on Alsac only children of Lilith and Asmodus.

 

More and more questions and louder and louder became the voice inside him that he should not be here. That he saw something that he better should not see. Then he was close enough to the group that he could hear what was being said and it ran ice cold down his spine.

 

"... for Meinoume. Do we have to..." One of the figures one of the big ones hissed and the other one who had just spoken fell silent. "There is someone, isn't there? -" the head of the figure that had hissed jerked down. "Did someone see you?" The voices that answered were really those of his brothers. "No, of course not, the snake and its mistress are up on the surface and our brother is busy with the pilgrims. So no one could have seen us." The figure grumbled something before speaking again. "I thought I saw light."

 

He froze, his magic light of course. Only slowly he could free himself from his stiffness and only after he was sure that he still had the magic light in one hand, which had disappeared under his robe. He must have hidden it unconsciously.

 

"Never mind, we are ready with our troops you just have to give the signal and we will fall upon everyone in the city and present them as gifts to Meinoume." Said a third figure, which had not spoken until now.

4