Chapter 6
2.2k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Next."

"Next."

One after another was mercilessly disqualified.

Most of the children had Farm tools as their Spirit. Some blue silver grass, they were often laughed at because their Spirit was a famous trash spirit. However, neither of the Tang siblings found it particularly entertaining.
It took quite a while until it was their turn. Then, Tang San started stepping forward into the circle.
Su Yuntao clapped his hands and said a bored, "Awaken."

A myriad of golden sparkles appeared, almost covering him entirely, more than ever till now.
Su Yuntaos's eyes widened, and anticipation appeared on his face. The more it sparkled, glittered, and shined, the more he tensed up. As if something important was happening.
Tang San stretched out his right hand, and a small strand of blue silver grass appeared. Su Yuntaos's expression returned from happy to disappointed and bored.
"Next." He said and waved his hand for Tang San to leave.
"Sir, I need to test my spiritual power." Tang San said, looking at the tiny two-leaved sprout in his hand.
"Blue Silver grass is useless even if you had spirit power next." his voice was impatient. He just wanted all of this to be over.
Tang Yin stepped into the circle, and Su Yuntao clapped his Hands.

"Awaken."

Like with her brother, a countless number of golden sparkles appeared. Her right and left Hands started to burn a bit.
"Hey, I told you it's useless." Su Yuntao snarled as Tang San touched the crystal ball but shut his mouth immediately when it started to glow brightly.
"Full innate spirit Power!" Su Yuntao screamed in shock two octaves higher. And soon, his entire attention moved to Tang San asking him to retest.

The golden sparkles around Tang Yin started to vanish as she held out her left hand, and the same blue Silver grass appeared in her hand like her brothers. Su Yuntao wasn't watching in his shock at the blue crystal ball when the sparkles surrounding her turned silver. Shining crystalline silver sparkles spread out around her, reflecting the light.

Her right hand burned like fire, and she, in desperation, looked at Tang San, who saw what was happening.
"Go, I distract them.", he said, moving his lips. Tang Yin left the circle and clutched her right hand. It felt as if on fire. She bit the inner part of her mouth, and the sparkles stopped.
Su Yuntao moved his attention back to her.
"And?" He asked, and she raised her left hand and had the small Blue Silver Grass appear.

"Alright, you can leave.", he said, and Tang Yin nodded hastily, leaving. Tang San handed the ball to Su Yuntao and said goodbye to the village Elder before running after her.
"I need to head home. Tell my Father." Tang San shouted back, took her hand, and ran home together.
Tang Yin panted when they arrived home and clutched her burning hand, her vision starting to blur.
"It hurts.", she whispered, and Tang San let all pretenses fall as she got paler and paler.

He picked her up and ran into their cottage, closing the door behind him with the yarn.
"Yin, Sis, where? What is hurting?" He said, desperately trying to remain calm.

"My right arm.", she said, and her vision blurred even more. She started to sweat and closed her eyes to not panic when a big warm hand touched her hand.
"Calm down, don't contain the burn; let it run through your body.", a deep voice said. Father?

"Now, now, better?" He asked, and she nodded. The burn slowly vanished, and she stretched out her hands. They were surrounded by crystalline silver sparkles glittered like diamonds reflecting the light. In one hand was the small blue-silver plant that swayed lightly while playing with the flashes. In the other two double-edged swords, a short and a long one with vines and small white flowers decorating them whose pale shine resembled the moonlight.

"Twin moon flower blades, blue silver grass, double soul.", Tang Hao said, paling at the sight of it.
"Father, me too.", Tang San said and opened his hands. A small hammer appeared on his right while his blue-silver grass was on his left, surrounded by golden lights.

Tang Hao dropped to his knees, staring at his children, one enveloped in shining golden lights and the other in sparkling silver glitter.

"Oh dear, my dear, our children..." tears steamed down his haggard face, and he hugged them. Suddenly they found themselves in a warm embrace.
Shell-shocked, Tang Yin remained there and froze on the spot. Her Father hugged her; he hugged her.

She went limp in shock and disbelieve of the sheer fact he showed a spot of care for the first time in her entire life.

47