Chapter 12
1.6k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Gale mustered her as he shook his head. 

"It's not my story to tell; it is their decision. Yu Hua, Ning Feng, Damian?" 

"T-Tell h-her.", Ning Feng muttered and nodded toward the stacked beds. "S-she will f-find o-out anyway. B-better b-be open f-from the s-start." 

"No, I do not wish for someone like her to know. I wish to judge her first, then maybe decide if she is as dirty as others." Yu Hua raised his work and asked around, "How is it?" 

"Looks good to me," Damian said while holding the delicately embroidered handkerchief in his hand. Dancing teddies are visible on the edge of a handkerchief. 

"Y-yes, thank you.", Ning Feng said and took her new handkerchief. Tang Yin had to take an inward step back to believe it. Yu Hua apparently not only enjoyed embroidery, but he was also really good at it. 

"Well, Tang Yin, since I will be telling you a secret of ours, how about you?" Gale put his glasses back on his glasses, smiling slyly, "After all, I will need Blackmail material if you turn out to be trash of a person." 

Well, how relieving. Tang Yin understood them and nodded. "Fine." the corners of her lips rose to a smirk, "I have full innate spirit power complementary to my brothers." 

Damian whistled as Gale nodded, "It is blackmail material." He put his book beside him, "Ning Feng is a Member of the seven treasured Glass. She was born quite talented but is a stutterer and, even worse, the child of an affair with her mothers. She was thus deemed unfit for being a Spirit Master due to being unable to fluently say the initiation phrases used by Support Spirit Masters. Her Mom is a nice one but also low ranking and not very powerful, so to know her to save, she sent her here, into the most obscure little place she could find as far away as possible. She regularly visits us and brings over stuff we should not mention outside this room."

"Similar to the kinda borrowed spirit testing Orb ?" Tang Yin felt as if she moved into the wrong movie. Somehow she seemed to have ended up in the craziest literary department ever. 

"Yeah, to name a few things." Damian looked into the round, "We have a spirit hall token; we have a few precious herbs, black iron, spirit storage tools like Ning Fengs Teddy, and so on." 

"Wait a moment. Teddy Storage," Tang Yin interrupted, and Ning Feng opened her teddy back and took out a sizable long rapier. Oh. Tang Yin found herself amazed. "If Ning Feng is from seven treasured and Yu Hua apparently is from a noble family too, what about you, Damian, and Gale?" 

Gale shrugged his shoulders, and Damian grinned even brighter than before. "Ah well, Gale over here is from a family of blacksmiths, warriors, and artisans, but as you can see, he does not take after it. He loves books and is brilliant his way. In my case, I am the firstborn Son of a rich merchant; my Mom died, my dad remarried and had more kids with his second wife, and at some point." He shrugged his shoulders, uncaring "My Stepmom sent me here."

"Now you again, you received answers for more than was agreed on," Damian said, raising his eyebrow. 

"Mhh, well, I have a spiritual weapon that is killing me because my body can't handle it." She removed her glove and showed the others her broken, slowly splintering arm "like this." 

Silence. Gale and the others stared at the faint blue markings. 

"I see; even a low-born can have her troubles." Yu Hua said and continued his embroidered teddies.

"Now, since you have everything here, when will you get your spirit rings?" 

Bang. 

"Literary department!" the dorm mother screeched, "not even you are allowed to break the rules; go to BED!" 

36